(Complete) [DR] Little Lord Fauntleroy by F Burnett- m8b1

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » December 31st, 2014, 9:22 am

AdeledePignerolles, thanks for your help. Is there any way you could keep a list (maybe google doc) of all the lines that Cedric needs to re record? It would make it so much easier for me and Cedric to do them all at once after you've PL'ed all the files. He is my 13 year old brother and can't do any of the recording on his own. Plus, we don't live in the same house anymore...

Edit: If you could also compile a list of lines I need to do as well, that would be amazingly awesome. I'd like to do them all in one recording session, and I am afraid the mistakes will get lost in the thread over the next few days.

Thank you so much!

:)

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » December 31st, 2014, 9:29 am

m8b1 wrote:Thank you, SweetPea!

Chapter two is definitely not in my folder. Abigail, are there any spaces in the file name or something like that? Just trying to figure out why it will not upload. I would say if you can't get it uploaded as flac, try converting it to mp3 and see if that works.

Thanks you everyone! It is nice to see the project finally moving along!
I am uploading these files using my phone as a hot spot. I've tried uploading chapters 2 and 6 three times each and each time at completion it says "Error SyntaxError: Unexpected token <" I will keep trying to upload them and also trying to figure this out.
Thanks for your patience.

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » December 31st, 2014, 9:32 am

m8b1 wrote: I pm'd the Mr. Havisham reader, but he hasn't logged on since January. Abbey - he doesn't happen to be one of your relatives or friends who was reading for the project was he? (User name rharder) If he is could you get in touch with him and get him to read the lines? (Edit later: Just heard from him. :-))
I am so sorry about this. Somehow I completely forgot to add it to Mr.Havisham's list of chapters so he never knew he was supposed to record lines from chapter 4. I hope he is able to record them for us still.

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » December 31st, 2014, 9:34 am

Here's what I've got so far. There are only two lines on it right now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oK8pdaL_lkYrNgz8f9LQQVmKfJo_sl0AmNVnueio4aI/edit?usp=sharing
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » December 31st, 2014, 9:44 am

SweetPea wrote:Here's what I've got so far. There are only two lines on it right now.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oK8pdaL_lkYrNgz8f9LQQVmKfJo_sl0AmNVnueio4aI/edit?usp=sharing
SweetPea, this is so awesome! From now on, if you could add the approx time in the file where it is suppose to go, plus the chapter number the line is from that would good. I like to try to match my own tone of voice. :-)

Keep up the good work!

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles » December 31st, 2014, 11:35 am

I don't know how to do google docs, but I'll let Sweet Pea know if there are any lines that need to be re-recorded. :)

gloriana

Post by gloriana » December 31st, 2014, 3:30 pm

I can take that last open section if you don't mind a female reader. I wouldn't be able to record it until the end of next week, though.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » December 31st, 2014, 3:40 pm

gloriana wrote:I can take that last open section if you don't mind a female reader. I wouldn't be able to record it until the end of next week, though.
That would be great ~ thanks Elizabeth!

AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles » January 1st, 2015, 4:05 pm

Hooray! We're full!

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 2nd, 2015, 1:49 pm

Here is chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_07_burnett.flac

I am still working on uploading 2 & 6

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 2nd, 2015, 2:31 pm

Here is chapter 8
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlelordfauntleroy_08_burnett.flac

Maria, When I try to upload 2 or 6, it at first seems to be working with a progress bar, but at the end it gives me this message
"undefined Error Empty file upload result"

I can open the files on my computer and everything seems fine, nothing different than the other files I've successfully uploaded. So, I am not sure what the problem is.

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea » January 2nd, 2015, 3:27 pm

Chapter 7 is missing the lines from Mrs. Dibble (who isn't recorded yet) and the woman in the crowd (which I'll record soon.) It was also missing 3 lines from the Mother, but I found them in her file and edited them in.
Chapter 8 is missing a line from Cedric. I added it to the Google Doc.
Thanks!
P. S. Maria suggested exporting chapters 2 and 6 to MP3 instead of FLAC. Maybe they'll upload then.
Rachel

"For the wretched of the earth there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise..." (Les Mis)

FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi » January 4th, 2015, 1:09 pm

Thank you very much, SweetPea. I will try uploading them as mp3.

m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 » January 7th, 2015, 10:04 am

Thank you, Elizabeth ~ much appreciated!