Algy Pug

My Librivox page

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 6th, 2013, 2:35 am

francesb wrote:May I claim section 87?
I have signed you up to that section thanks
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Loveday

Post by Loveday » October 6th, 2013, 12:26 pm

I've been a bit distracted recently starting a new job - apologies! I'll PL the submitted sections for The Stepmother soon.
It's the end of term, so I am back! Thank you for being patient with me, and please PM if I don't seem to have caught an update that I should have seen.

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 7th, 2013, 1:35 am

Loveday wrote:I've been a bit distracted recently starting a new job - apologies! I'll PL the submitted sections for The Stepmother soon.
Thanks for the update :9:
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

JennyAgain

Post by JennyAgain » October 11th, 2013, 12:03 pm

I'm new here, but may I claim section 78, Princess Douce-Cœur?
Jen Ný
~~{@

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 11th, 2013, 3:02 pm

JennyAgain wrote:I'm new here, but may I claim section 78, Princess Douce-Cœur?
Hi I will sign you up to that section but before you record it please read the following information. Reading parts for dramatic readings is slightly different from reading a book. You will need to record each of the lines for your character and leave a gap of about 3 or 4 seconds of silence between each of the lines in order to enable the editor to edit it all together later.

For Newbies to Record
Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I will sign you up to that section However please don't record until you have read the following information and submitted a 1 - minute test(see below) and got the ok from an admin. I also need to know how you would like your name to appear in the catalogue. This can be your real name, your forum name or a pseudonym thanks.

If you wish to try your hand at recording, the place to start is the Newbie Guide to Recording: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording, which tells you how to set up your computer to record.

Please make sure you complete the "1 Minute Test" for review before you start actively recording any chapters for projects. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc. You will find the information for the 1-Minute Test Recording here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. The instructions also tell you how to upload your test and then post in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum so someone can give you feedback on it.

You may like to introduce yourself to the community in the "introduce yourself" forum: http://forum.librivox.org/viewforum.php?f=17

An overview of how Librivox works can be found here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_LibriVox_Works

There are numerous ways to volunteer here. An important one is proof-listening, which consists of checking someone's recording for errors. If you'd like to give that a try, you can find lots of information here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Guide_for_Proof-listeners
One of our volunteers has created a number of videos that you might find helpful to learn more about the workings of Librivox. You can find a listing of those here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert

Also to point out to professional (or aspiring) Voice Over artists, all our recordings are put back into the public domain which means sometimes they are sold on ebay, etc. Have a look at this page which describes our Public Domain policy: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Copyright_and_Public_Domain

We hope you have fun and please, don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.[/quote]
Michele

Glad to be back.

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 11th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Hi Lezer
Sections 89 to 100 can be deleted please as we how have the ten plays for this collection. Thanks :thumbs:

Edited to say: 90 to 100 please as I now need section 89 as I had forgotten about the narrator for one of the plays thanks.
Last edited by wib66 on October 12th, 2013, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michele

Glad to be back.

JennyAgain

Post by JennyAgain » October 11th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Thank you wib66. I will try to get my 1 minute test in Monday or Tuesday.
Jen Ný
~~{@

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 12th, 2013, 6:41 am

JennyAgain wrote:Thank you wib66. I will try to get my 1 minute test in Monday or Tuesday.
that's great enjoy your time here it is a great place to be :9:
Michele

Glad to be back.

Breeze

Post by Breeze » October 12th, 2013, 2:13 pm

Do I need to read an introduction to my play :?:
-Bria

Dramatic Readings of Bible passages

Some reason I decided to try to write fiction. And it sucked me far away from LibriVox into the world of writing, editing and blogging.
Click here to read about it.

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 12th, 2013, 3:44 pm

Breeze wrote:Do I need to read an introduction to my play :?:
The narrator for the play reads the introduction so you will only do it if you are going to be the narrator thanks
Michele

Glad to be back.

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw » October 12th, 2013, 4:08 pm

wib66 wrote:Hi Lezer
Sections 89 to 100 can be deleted please as we how have the ten plays for this collection. Thanks :thumbs:

Edited to say: 90 to 100 please as I now need section 89 as I had forgotten about the narrator for one of the plays thanks.
I've trimmed the MW down to the requested size. :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 12th, 2013, 4:10 pm

aradlaw wrote:
wib66 wrote:Hi Lezer

I've trimmed the MW down to the requested size. :wink:
Many thanks David :9:
Michele

Glad to be back.

lezer

Post by lezer » October 13th, 2013, 4:55 am

Thanks, David!
Anna

JennyAgain

Post by JennyAgain » October 16th, 2013, 6:38 am

I just got my 1-minute test OK'd, and I'll try to get my section for this submitted by next week.

Just one more "newbie" question: are we allowed to claim multiple parts within one project? If we can, I'd also like to claim section 19 - Mary.
Jen Ný
~~{@