[group] Adventures of the Teenie Weenies - phi

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe » September 23rd, 2013, 4:24 am

Kara, chapter 2 ,3 & 4 are all PL OK ! Thank you and well done for doing such a nice job.
I hope that you will be back to read some more soon.
Claire

Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle » September 24th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Phil, is there a place to get the text so that I can print it out? It's hard for me to read off the computer.
Thanks,
Michelle

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 24th, 2013, 7:49 pm

Mich_elle wrote:Phil, is there a place to get the text so that I can print it out? It's hard for me to read off the computer.
Thanks,
Michelle
I don't know Michelle. Are you opening up the text in a new tab? That makes it much easier to read instead of trying to read inside the MW. Also, to enlarge the text, press Ctrl and + at the same time. That works on almost all computers.

I'll try to find another source.
Eager to get started recording? Follow these 7 steps to recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

Do they allow loud laughing in Hawaii? or just a low ha?

Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle » September 24th, 2013, 8:27 pm

Thanks, I'll try that and also search. I'm having some problems with the new software, I know there are problems they are working on, but right now I can't see the magic window in Firefox and can't do a lot of other things in Explorer, but I'm not yet willing to sell my soul to Google to use Chrome.
Michelle

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 24th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Mich_elle wrote:Thanks, I'll try that and also search. I'm having some problems with the new software, I know there are problems they are working on, but right now I can't see the magic window in Firefox and can't do a lot of other things in Explorer, but I'm not yet willing to sell my soul to Google to use Chrome.
Michelle
HA! what about IE?
Eager to get started recording? Follow these 7 steps to recording! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s

Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle » September 24th, 2013, 8:55 pm

Okay, I can view the pages from their website and increase the text size, but they make it so you can't download without paying a fee and it's laid out so that printing won't work. I'm going to try reading online and recording and if it it works I'll come back and sign up for a few chapters. I couldn't find the book anywhere else online. Thanks.
Michelle

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 24th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Mich_elle wrote:Okay, I can view the pages from their website and increase the text size, but they make it so you can't download without paying a fee and it's laid out so that printing won't work. I'm going to try reading online and recording and if it it works I'll come back and sign up for a few chapters. I couldn't find the book anywhere else online. Thanks.
Michelle
Oh .. now I understand. I never download things, just read 'em on my monitor so it never occurs to me that lots of people like to download books and read them that way. Sorry I can't help/ Image here are some flowers.

heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe » September 25th, 2013, 1:01 am

( A trick I use is to copy and paste the text into a word document and adding the disclaimers before emailing it to myself.
Then I read it off my tablet to cut out the problems of mouse clicking and page turning. )

BigFire

Post by BigFire » September 29th, 2013, 7:39 am

By any chance can I pick up section 24 called Fire! Fire! Fire! I am slightly new to reading audiobooks so I think this could be a good small passage for me..

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » September 29th, 2013, 9:41 am

BigFire wrote:By any chance can I pick up section 24 called Fire! Fire! Fire! I am slightly new to reading audiobooks so I think this could be a good small passage for me..
You certainly may have that section but first you need to do your 1 minute test. Here is the message I sent from an earlier chapter you claimed
Hi BigFire and welcome to LibriVox. [edit] ... before recording you should complete a 1 minute test so that you can be sure your technical things are set up correctly.

Here is a link to that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test. If you prefer a video, The script for your 1 minute test.

and Uploading your 1 minute test

You may post the link to your test here in this forum so I can check it out much more quickly.

And here is a video you should watch Getting To Know Our Forums. Ask lots of questions and we will be glad to help.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help in any way. :thumbs: here is the link to the video on making the test http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlaRY_-bcfs

the other videos can all be found in the link in my signature. It really is very important that you do this little test recording so you can be sure your recordings will match the others on our site as far as technical specs and volume goes.

heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe » October 12th, 2013, 10:36 am

Wish I could read some of these but the copyright period isn't right for me.
So hoping more readers will read ;) so that I can listen instead. :)

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet » October 20th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Please may I claim 5-7? Thank you.
Lynne
Help us finish:

Charles the Bold 7 sections remaining
Castle of Twilight 5 sections remaining
The Religious Experience of the Roman People 2 sections remaining
A Broken Bond 1 section remaining

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » October 20th, 2013, 7:50 pm

Lynnet wrote:Please may I claim 5-7? Thank you.
Lynne
My goodness! yes you may Lynne, that would be great.

Mich_elle

Post by Mich_elle » October 21st, 2013, 8:09 am

Phil, the flowers you sent were a big help emotionally, but now a month later they are all dead and I still cannot read long passages online. Conveniently, the Internet Archive has digitized Teeny Weeny Neighbors--if we ever do that one and meanwhile I contacted the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center, which holds William Donahey's personal papers and am waiting to hear from them.
Michelle
ps: How's the gumbo?

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » October 21st, 2013, 10:37 am

Mich_elle wrote:Phil, the flowers you sent were a big help emotionally, but now a month later they are all dead and I still cannot read long passages online. Conveniently, the Internet Archive has digitized Teeny Weeny Neighbors--if we ever do that one and meanwhile I contacted the University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Center, which holds William Donahey's personal papers and am waiting to hear from them.
Michelle
ps: How's the gumbo?
The gumbo is simmering right now on the stove and should be ready in about 20 minutes. Yum. Chicken/sausage this time.
Again I am sorry about your problem reading the book. Perhaps someone can find a way to copy it from that website so I can put it into a document or something? Does IA have this book? that would be great.

Throw those old dead flowers out; here are some fresh ones (a girl can never have too many flowers)!
ImageImageImage