COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
francesb

Post by francesb »

Elizabby wrote:
LydiaCW wrote:I keep trying to record it, but it's too long for me to do it in one sitting without interruptions, and whenever I stop, Audacity deletes everything before whatever I did. So I can never get the whole thing recorded.
Oh dear! That sounds awful! :( Never mind - I'll record the narration if you like. I used my "man voice" for my character so I can record the narration in my normal (female) voice and I think that will sound sufficiently different. If that's what you want, and that's OK with Frances.

Or the role can be formally orphaned through the normal process if Frances wants a different voice.
That would be fine with me :D Thanks so so much!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Elizabby,
I've added you to the MW as DPL - sorry I didn't catch earlier that you had no way to mark sections as PL OK. :roll:
MaryAnn
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi! I think I can edit for this one :) Can you advise where to add the "dramatis personae", and what the filename should be?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Rapunzelina,
For the section that Frances started to edit, she used this file name:
furtherchroniclesofavonlea_thelittlebrownbookofmissemily_08_128kb.mp3

I would prefer that you take the story name out of the file name - or if you leave it in, put the section number first. As currently laid out, the sections will not sort in order.

MaryAnn
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Rapunzelina wrote:Hi! I think I can edit for this one :) Can you advise where to add the "dramatis personae", and what the filename should be?
I think, considering the short story structure, each story should have its own Dramatist Personae with the voice credits put in straight after the story title.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you MaryAnn and Elizabby!
I've prepared the first story: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3
(added in the MW, too) 22:14
When you listen to it - no hurry - let me know if it's ok, and I'll do the next in the same manner, or if something would be better done differently. Thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Rapunzelina wrote:Thank you MaryAnn and Elizabby!
I've prepared the first story: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_01_montgomery_128kb.mp3
(added in the MW, too) 22:14
When you listen to it - no hurry - let me know if it's ok, and I'll do the next in the same manner, or if something would be better done differently. Thanks!
Exciting! I don't think I will have time to listen to this until the weekend, but I'll look forward to it!
francesb

Post by francesb »

Rapunzelina wrote:Hi! I think I can edit for this one :) Can you advise where to add the "dramatis personae", and what the filename should be?
Rapunzelina, thanks so much!! I was planning on doing what Elizabby said and having a separate dramatis personae at the beginning of each story - it would be extremely long if we put it in the very beginning and I think it would just be clearer doing them each story. Thanks again for editing!! I appreciate it so much :)
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you Frances!

Here's the second story now: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3
duration: 20:42

I also started working on the third story, but there are some lines missing,
from Rachel (JoFriday21)
"Then there will be no wedding, mother," she said. "Frank and I will simply go to the manse, be married, and go home. If I cannot invite my father to see me married, no one else shall be invited."
and
"Father," she cried, brokenly, and her father's eager arms closed around her.

and from Frank (RedFox)
"I want to see Rachel before we go down," he said, blushing.

If you could get in touch with the readers for these lines, that would be great! And I'll just get those lines when they are uploaded and put them in my .aup file for the third story! So they can be in separate files by themselves or something ;)
Adamski

Post by Adamski »

Hi Rapunzelina,
I (Sweet Pea) am thinking of doing the editing for a dramatic reading, but annise suggested that since I've never done any editing before I could maybe edit one of these stories for you. She said you might like some help. :wink:
If you don't mind, I can do the editing for Jane's Baby.
:) Sweet Pea
The surest way to eliminate a right is to declare it an obligation

My current projects

Doctor Dolittle
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Sweet Pea! I'm very happy you're enjoying your librivox experience and getting more and more involved!

I've already started doing Jane's Baby. Of those I haven't worked on, I can suggest story #15 Tannis of the Flats. It's a bit longer but it's mostly narration with little dialogue so it might be easier for a start! Would you like to try story #15?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Adamski wrote:Hi Rapunzelina,
I (Sweet Pea) am thinking of doing the editing for a dramatic reading, but annise suggested that since I've never done any editing before I could maybe edit one of these stories for you. She said you might like some help. :wink:
After you start and help out here, you might also want to take a look at the Dramatic Reading Scene and Story Collection viewtopic.php?p=997789#p997789 where you can offer a reading of a chapter or two instead of an entire book. There is one story there currently looking for an editor as well.

Thanks, Todd
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

ToddHW wrote:
Adamski wrote:Hi Rapunzelina,
After you start and help out here, you might also want to take a look at the Dramatic Reading Scene and Story Collection viewtopic.php?p=997789#p997789 where you can offer a reading of a chapter or two instead of an entire book. There is one story there currently looking for an editor as well.

Thanks, Todd
Ooooh, this looks really good! Thank you! :D
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you Amanda! That fits perfectly!

Now, waiting for the missing line of Frank.
In the meantime Story #4 is ready: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_04_montgomery_128kb.mp3
duration: 23:41

For Story #5, we're missing the intro/outro for the Narration... I hope psimonin is still available.
We need:
Story 5 of Further Chronicles of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Mongomery. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
and
End of Story 5.