COMPLETE - Further Chronicles of Avonlea-Montgomery-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Story 8 is PL OK! :thumbs:

What a sad story though! I didn't realize LM Montgomery wrote such sad stories! :cry:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Tell me about it! I got teary in quite a few of these stories! Either from joy or from sadness, or from whatever; there are some touching moments!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Story 7 is PL OK! :thumbs:

And Story 9 is PL OK too! :9:
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Hmmmm. The file I sent you had the wrong filename (it was missing the "montgomery"), and when I open it on my computer, it's only twelve minutes. I listened to the end of it -- it's only half the file. I found the file with the proper filename -- for some reason I had it too. It's the whole file, and here it is.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_13_montgomery_128kb.mp3
:) Sweet Pea
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
psimonin

Post by psimonin »

Here is the missing part for Story 5. I hope this is what you wanted.
-Paul Simonin

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/avonleaintoend_5_montgomery.mp3
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes! That is exactly what is needed. Thank you, Paul!
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Hi do you still need "and from Frank (RedFox)
"I want to see Rachel before we go down," he said, blushing." for story 3? I know him, and I can get ahold of him to let him know to record that bit.
~Kim
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Hi do you still need "and from Frank (RedFox)
"I want to see Rachel before we go down," he said, blushing." for story 3? I know him, and I can get ahold of him to let him know to record that bit.
I had sent him a pm, and it seems to have been picked up but haven't heard back from him. Can you check if he's still available for recording that line? If he is not, we'll think of something else :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

SweetPea wrote:Hmmmm. The file I sent you had the wrong filename (it was missing the "montgomery"), and when I open it on my computer, it's only twelve minutes. I listened to the end of it -- it's only half the file. I found the file with the proper filename -- for some reason I had it too. It's the whole file, and here it is.
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_13_montgomery_128kb.mp3
:) Sweet Pea
OK, the correct link is now in the MW for spot PLing - this file is 21:09, which sounds better to me!

Final Chapter 13 is now PL OK! :thumbs: Great work!

Hint: I think stories 12 and 15 still need editors?
Last edited by Elizabby on June 6th, 2014, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peppersnoodles93

Post by Peppersnoodles93 »

Rapunzelina wrote:
Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Hi do you still need "and from Frank (RedFox)
I had sent him a pm, and it seems to have been picked up but haven't heard back from him. Can you check if he's still available for recording that line? If he is not, we'll think of something else :)
Haha, I chatted with him tonight. :D I'm sure he'll get it to you soon!
~Kim
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Elizabby wrote:Hint: I think stories 12 and 15 still need editors?
I've worked on 12, and it's missing those lines by Caroline (francesb); maybe she missed that post, I'll send her a pm about it.
I'm working on 15 next! :D
Peppersnoodles93 wrote:Haha, I chatted with him tonight. :D I'm sure he'll get it to you soon!
Thank you, Kim!
By the way Kim, there is a phrase missing from story 6, and I hadn't mentioned it because you were away and it didn't change any meaning. It's the "I told Robert" from
I was fool enough to think it was all right. I told Robert what I meant to do.
it's recorded as "I was fool enough to think it was all right, what I meant to do."
Since you're here now, the story is in the MW but not yet PLed I think, so if you'd like to record that line "I was fool enough to think it was all right. I told Robert what I meant to do." I'll be able to revise the section. If not, that's OK. It can stand like this too :D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

OK! So story 15, now all edited together, and it checks out "Paul" is missing the name credit. I'll pm sundayschild for a "Paul read by [name]", if she's available!

In the meantime, story 5 has been uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/furtherchroniclesofavonlea_05_montgomery_128kb.mp3
duration: 28:45
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Rapunzelina,
Would you please make sure that I have the correct editor in the MW for each section?
Thank you.
MaryAnn
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Rapunzelina,
Would you please make sure that I have the correct editor in the MW for each section?
Thank you.
MaryAnn
The Magic Window is correctly updated! :D
I thought it didn't need to have the editor 'assigned' as in the end the readers' names will be assigned for each story, right?
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I think that having the editor assigned stops two people from editing the same story. Like in this case, both you and I are editing.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire