(Complete) The Little Colonel Maid of Honor by A Johnston-mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 10 is great! :D

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year!!!
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thanks Elli,
I hope your Christmasa and New Year has been good too.
I have had a very nice Christmas and a fine New Year's celebration. I have had the house full with my children and grandchildren until now, so reading and editing has had to wait. But now it is time to dig in again.

Cheers,
Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Here is chapter 11 now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlecolonelmaid_11_johnston_128kb.mp3 26.50 KB

Time: 28:16

There have been a few problems since last time again. My Internetprovider was moving all e-mails to new, safer servers, which (of course) wasn't without problems for them and thereby me and others too. But now things seem to work again. I have also made some changes to my home-studio lately which also caused some initial problems. But i hope this uploaded chapter will be acceptable.

-{And Elli, I never heard/read anything about the latest story in our other project (Lagerlöf)} -.

Well, on to the next chapters now.

Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
aravis

Post by aravis »

Yay! Downloading! :D

Your "new" home studio looks great! I just saw the pic on Facebook! :D

Argh, sorry about the Lagerlöf chapter. I totally overlooked that one. Sorry! :oops: I had quite a lot of computer troubles over Christmas and things are rather busy here at the moment. We are in the middle building a house (well having it built for the most part, though we are also doing quite a lot by ourselves) and there are such a lot of things that need to be done, that I never seem to have quite as much time as I'd like to LV...
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

It's OK, Elli.

I know that it takes time and a lot of work when you are moving to a new house, especially if it is being built too.
My brother's daughter's family recently moved to a new house, and my brother has helped them a lot, fixing the floors etc. And now his wife's daughter and her man has moved into a house last week-end, and there is a lot to fix there too, according to my brother.

And I have had quite a lot of Internet troubles while changing Internet-provider before everything worked as I want it, and there are still a few things that are not working quite as they should. But i hope that will be fixed within the next couple of weeks now.

Good Luck!

Lars
aravis

Post by aravis »

Chapter 11 is great! :D

Thanks! :D Yeah it is a lot of work. Right now we are preparing everything for the painter... and after we'll finally be ready for the floors. Still it will probably take another couple of months before we'll be able to move in. I'm quite looking forward to that. :D
Elli

Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thanks Elli.

I am in the middle of editing the next chapter, about the wedding. A very nice chapter.
But I will be away for about a week from thursday. I am going to visit my brother and his wife who live on the other side of the country, south of Gothenburg. And we will visit his daughter's family too, so I can see their new house, which they moved into just a couple of months ago.
Good luck with your house. It certainly is a lot of work, but I am sure it will be worth all the work in the end.

Lars
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lars,

I hope all is well with you! Have you made any progress with this?
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Yes!!!
I have actually been sort of waiting for your question. And the "funny" thing is, and that is absolutely true. I was busy today editing the next chapter when I took some time to look for new emails, and there You were. Thought-reading perhaps?
The chapter about the Wedding will be ready and uploaded sometime tomorrow. I promise! And I promise I will do my very best to work a bit harder and quicker from now on.
It is a bit difficult to explain, but the thing is that I have been very, and really very, slow for a very long time now. But somehow I just couldn't sit down and read or edit anything, and at the same time I longed to do it.
I have in the meantime been looking at texts I felt I would like to read sometime in the future. I even downloaded several books from Gutenberg, but just saved them for some unknown future.
But now I can feel the urge to take Librivox up again, and the important thing is, of course, to finish those projects I have started first, so I began to dig into "The Little Colonel" again, something I have been longing for, for a very long time, and yet...
_There you are. I do apologise from the bottom of my heart for not having written to you earlier.(and not to Elli either)
Well, back to Loyd Sherman and to see Euginia and her husband leave for their Honeymoon.
All the best.
Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi again.
Here is chapter 12 now.
I hope it will be OK. I have checked it and listened to it, but I'm always my own worst critic so...
It is a charming chapter anyhow, in many ways, so I hope many will enjoy the book when we are finished, and I'll try to do the rest of the chapters so you won't have to worry too much :) .
I've said idtbefore, and say it again. I have enjoyed following the Little Colonel as she has grown up, (and I have actually taken a look ahead at the next couple of books too).

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlecolonelmaid_12_johnston_128kb.mp3

(Running time 25:30)

Lars
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lars,

Good to hear from you, and I am glad you haven't given up on Librivox! It is always good to take a break sometimes, intentional or not, and then come back recharged. :-) I had been thinking about posting in this thread for a few weeks, but kept holding off. I guess great minds think alike! :lol: :lol:

I know that Elli is a bit busy right now, so if she is not able to PL within a reasonable amount of time, I'll step in for her if necessary.

Glad that you are still enjoying the Little Colonel!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Hi Lars,

I went ahead and listened to Chapter 12 since Elli has not been around. It is PL OK! :D
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Good! And thank You!

I'm in the middle of editing the next chapter, so it will, hopefully, be finished and uploaded rather soon now.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Just to inform you. I'm still alive and kicking.
What I didn't count on was that my relatives, children, grandchildren, my brother and his wife, all wanted to come an stay with me, one after the other. All very nice, but it has taken quite a lot of time from other things. But now I am on my own again, and I have finished editing chapter 13.
I will try to upload it tomorrow after I have prooflistened to it myself.

It has been an interesting summer here with my house acting almost like a small boarding-house.

Lars
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi again,
Here is chapter 13 now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/littlecolonelmaid_13_johnston_128kb.mp3

Time: 34:50

I hope this will be OK too.
Lars