COMPLETE [PLAY] The Beaux Stratagem by George Farquhar - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

DivMS wrote:May I DPL this play? This would be the 1st play I would DPL :)
And we actually have some parts ready for PL today - you will see the links in the MW. You should be given access to the MW so you can post the PL results directly into the MW but what really matters is posting a message here in the forum saying either PL OK for each file or listing any fixes required with the time location in the file. I'll handle posting PL results into the MW and finally checking off the Complete box when the parts are done until you have MW access for that. (* see note)

Enjoy listening!

Thanks, Todd

(* I belong to that group of folks that checks off a section as complete only after PL is OK, so it stays on a reader's personal catalog page "list of open sections" until really complete. For example catalog page see my signature link.)
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

Section-13 Mrs.Sullen Act 2,3,4 and 5 PL OK :thumbs:
Divya
ccfpcl

Post by ccfpcl »

Hi Todd

I'd like to read Thomas Aimwell if he's still free - I think he should suit my RP accent!

Thanks, Chris
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ccfpcl wrote:Hi Todd

I'd like to read Thomas Aimwell if he's still free - I think he should suit my RP accent!

Thanks, Chris
Great. By the way, I don't know what "RP" accent means!

Thanks, Todd
ccfpcl

Post by ccfpcl »

Thanks Todd

"Received Pronunciation" - i.e. BBC (British) English

Cheers, Chris
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks!

Todd
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The Beaux Stratagem by George Farquhar

SECTION 16:- Cherry: Act-1 PL OK

SECTION 14:- Dorinda:
1) Act-2 – missing a sentence at 1min25sec (the line is: I have nothing to say to your part of him, you 're the best judge) else PL OK
2) Act-3 – (i) magic window link improper (so I took the link from the thread) – bit rate 192 kbps (ii) 2min27sec “bow!” repeated (iii) missing line at 2min45sec (the line is: [Aside to Mrs. Sullen.] How affectedly the fello* talks!—[To Archer.] How long, pray, have yon served your present master?)
3) Act-4 – PL OK
4) Act-5 – PL OK

News from our DPL!!

Thanks, Todd
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

ToddHW wrote:The Beaux Stratagem by George Farquhar

SECTION 16:- Cherry: Act-1 PL OK

SECTION 14:- Dorinda:
1) Act-2 – missing a sentence at 1min25sec (the line is: I have nothing to say to your part of him, you 're the best judge) else PL OK
2) Act-3 – (i) magic window link improper (so I took the link from the thread) – bit rate 192 kbps (ii) 2min27sec “bow!” repeated (iii) missing line at 2min45sec (the line is: [Aside to Mrs. Sullen.] How affectedly the fello* talks!—[To Archer.] How long, pray, have yon served your present master?)
3) Act-4 – PL OK
4) Act-5 – PL OK

News from our DPL!!

Thanks, Todd

Yeah, I thought one 192 might have slipped in there. The repeated "bow" was because I couldn't figure out which word it was, bow like bend over or bow like arrows. I said that when I posted the links.
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

And here is Gipsy:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/beauxstratagem_gipsy_3.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/beauxstratagem_gipsy_4.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/beauxstratagem_gipsy_5.mp3

The MW says Gipsy is in Act 5, but I couldn't find any dialogue for her in that act. There was only a stage direction for her to whisper to Dorinda. So I just recorded a few seconds of fake whispery noises, if that's what you had in mind?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thanks for both Scrub and Gipsy! I'll post them into the MW later today.
commonsparrow3 wrote:And here is Gipsy:
The MW says Gipsy is in Act 5, but I couldn't find any dialogue for her in that act. There was only a stage direction for her to whisper to Dorinda. So I just recorded a few seconds of fake whispery noises, if that's what you had in mind?
In the MW - I had combined Gipsy and Servant together for one reader. I think it is the servant that has a few lines in Act 5. I'll check later today.

Thanks, Todd
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

ToddHW wrote:In the MW - I had combined Gipsy and Servant together for one reader. I think it is the servant that has a few lines in Act 5.
Aha! Now I get it! I didn't realize "Servant" was a different character. I thought it was just a description of Gipsy, as in "Gipsy, a Servant"! I will record the other servant's lines tomorrow. (About to head off to work today...)