COMPLETE [DRAM.READ]New Adventures of Alice by John Rae - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Peppersnoodles93
Posts: 3763
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 1:20 pm
Location: Vass, NC

Post by Peppersnoodles93 » December 19th, 2014, 11:19 pm

14, 15 PL OK
~Kim

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 20th, 2014, 10:50 am

I have now edited the two files ready for a spot PL then hopefully we can get this one catalogued. Yay :clap:
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Peppersnoodles93
Posts: 3763
Joined: January 24th, 2013, 1:20 pm
Location: Vass, NC

Post by Peppersnoodles93 » December 20th, 2014, 7:08 pm

And those two are now PL OK.
Great job, ready to catalog!
~Kim

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 21st, 2014, 7:22 am

Brilliant
thank you to everyone who has helped out on this project glad we can finally get it to catalogue. Well done everyone. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

KiltedDragon
Posts: 6911
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 11:37 am
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan
Contact:

Post by KiltedDragon » December 23rd, 2014, 4:07 pm

I will try to get to this soon but am really swamped so it may be a few days.
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 23rd, 2014, 5:05 pm

KiltedDragon wrote:I will try to get to this soon but am really swamped so it may be a few days.
No worries Barry just glad we have finally got it finished. Thank you for all your help. :9:
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4378
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 30th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Barry,

I had a few minutes free time, so I hope this cast list helps.

David O

Narrator: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8883">Lydia</a><br>
Mother: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7026">Michele Eaton</a><br>
Betsy, Alice's Sister: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6544">Amanda Friday</a><br>
Alice: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8272">Haili</a><br>
Snipe: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/9123">Shakira Searle</a><br>
Man in the Moon, Snowman, Snail Doorman: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8447">Anastasiia Solokha</a><br>
Blackbird, Cook: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8296">Bria Snow</a><br>
Town Crier: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8514">Charlotte Brown</a><br>
The Peevish Printer, Johnny Stout: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/3664">Barry Eads</a><br>
Barber, Kitten, Baker, Joiner, Doctor Foster, Artist: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8072">Kimberly Krause</a><br>
Archers, Grenadier, Old-Man-All-Dressed-in-Leather, King Cole: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8425">Larry Wilson</a><br>
Poet: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6281">Beth Thomas</a><br>
Captain Tee Wee, Candlestick-Maker, Captain Swordfish: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8470">Rebecca Braunert-Plunkett</a><br>
Milkman, Postman, Fireman, Footman: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6754">ToddHW</a><br>
Butcher: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6449">Arnaldo Machado</a><br>
Queen: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7766">Maryanka</a><br>
<strong>Audio Edited By:</strong> <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7026">Michele Eaton</a><br><br>This project was proof listened by <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/4445">Patrick Wells</a><br><br>

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 31st, 2014, 5:51 am

dlolso21 wrote:Barry,

I had a few minutes free time, so I hope this cast list helps.

David O

Narrator: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8883">Lydia</a><br>
Mother: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7026">Michele Eaton</a><br>
Betsy, Alice's Sister: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6544">Amanda Friday</a><br>
Alice: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8272">Haili</a><br>
Snipe: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/9123">Shakira Searle</a><br>
Man in the Moon, Snowman, Snail Doorman: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8447">Anastasiia Solokha</a><br>
Blackbird, Cook: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8296">Bria Snow</a><br>
Town Crier: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8514">Charlotte Brown</a><br>
The Peevish Printer, Johnny Stout: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/3664">Barry Eads</a><br>
Barber, Kitten, Baker, Joiner, Doctor Foster, Artist: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8072">Kimberly Krause</a><br>
Archers, Grenadier, Old-Man-All-Dressed-in-Leather, King Cole: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8425">Larry Wilson</a><br>
Poet: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6281">Beth Thomas</a><br>
Captain Tee Wee, Candlestick-Maker, Captain Swordfish: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8470">Rebecca Braunert-Plunkett</a><br>
Milkman, Postman, Fireman, Footman: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6754">ToddHW</a><br>
Butcher: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/6449">Arnaldo Machado</a><br>
Queen: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7766">Maryanka</a><br>
<strong>Audio Edited By:</strong> <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/7026">Michele Eaton</a><br><br>This project was proof listened by <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/4445">Patrick Wells</a><br><br>
Hi David
Thanks for doing that. I am intrigued however as to what it is used for. I have seen it before on other projects. Sorry just very nosey. Thanks
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4378
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 31st, 2014, 6:13 am

wib66 wrote: Hi David
Thanks for doing that. I am intrigued however as to what it is used for. I have seen it before on other projects. Sorry just very nosey. Thanks
Michelle,

This is the html coding for the reader links in the cast list that we put at the bottom of the description (see https://librivox.org/the-royal-book-of-oz-dr-by-ruth-plumly-thompson/ for a recent example).

The first few line of the code I posted will actually appear like this in the description on the catalog page.

Narrator: Lydia<br>
Mother: Michele Eaton<br>
Betsy, Alice's Sister: Amanda Friday<br>
Alice: Haili<br>

David O

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 31st, 2014, 6:38 am

Thats really interesting. Is that something that I can do to help out on my other projects or is it just for the admins to do. Always like to learn a new skill and to help out where I can. Thanks
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 4378
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 12:13 pm

Post by dlolso21 » December 31st, 2014, 8:38 am

wib66 wrote:Thats really interesting. Is that something that I can do to help out on my other projects or is it just for the admins to do. Always like to learn a new skill and to help out where I can. Thanks
Michelle,

Anyone can do it, there are a few different ways to construct it.

There are a few basic parts to each line. Narrator: <a href="https://librivox.org/reader/8883">Lydia</a><br>

Narrator: = the role (from the MW)
<a href=" = (html code)
https://librivox.org/reader/8883 = (link to reader's catalog page)
"> = (html code)
Lydia = (the reader's catalog name)
</a><br> = (html code)

Some volunteers use a spreadsheet like Excel or a document editor to create the list. There is also a short program you can open in a web browser, which Barry referred to; open this link in a new tab/window https://archive.org/download/LibrivoxM4bCollectionAudiobooks/CastCoder.html if you want to try that.

David O

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » December 31st, 2014, 9:45 am

thank you David I will give it a go.
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

KiltedDragon
Posts: 6911
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 11:37 am
Location: Brooklyn, Michigan
Contact:

Post by KiltedDragon » January 2nd, 2015, 9:42 pm

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/new-adventures-of-alice-dramatic-reading-by-john-rae-2/
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!

wib66
Posts: 8519
Joined: January 5th, 2012, 8:57 am

Post by wib66 » January 3rd, 2015, 3:07 pm

Thank you Barry :9:
Michele

Family matters means I will be away for a while and will catch up on my return.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

Post Reply