This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-midsummer-nights-dream-version-3-by-william-shakespeare/
Sarah will be BC and DPL.The play features three interlocking plots, connected by a celebration of the wedding of Theseus of Athens and the Amazon queen, Hippolyta, which is set simultaneously in the woodland and in the realm of Fairyland, under the light of the moon. (Summary by Wikipedia)
Peppersnoodles93 (Kim) will be the editor.
Anne (Annise) will be MC. Please select annise - Annise in the LibriVox uploader.
- Is there a deadline?
We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1 month of placing your claim IF YOU HAVE A SMALLER ROLE (such as Peasblossom, Moth, ect.). Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after one month, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1514
- Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin ======================================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and readers (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
- Number of sections (roles) this project will have: 27
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_shakespeare
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Midsummer_Nights_Dream
- Date of first publication: 1590 - 1596
Genres for the project:
Keywords that describe the book/play:
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Submit one file per act.
- Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
[Role], read by [your name].
If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
At the beginning: Act [#] of A Midsummer Night's Dream , by William Shakespeare . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of A Midsummer Night's Dream , by William Shakespeare .
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording:
Save files as 128 kbps MP3 midsummernightsdream_[role]_[act #].[scene #].mp3 (all lower-case)
ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: arb - annise
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: