COMPLETE [PLAY] Sir Thomas More by Anthony Munday

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit » October 1st, 2013, 5:48 pm

Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.

Dr Speedbump

Post by Dr Speedbump » October 14th, 2013, 10:42 am

Please forgive my recent non-responsiveness. My wife died unexpectedly not long before our 43rd anniversary. So, the world stopped turning for a while. I'm getting going again, step by painful step, and I hope to complete my assignments soon. Thanks for understanding.
Last edited by Dr Speedbump on October 15th, 2013, 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 14th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Dr Speedbump wrote:Please forgive my recent non-responsiveness. My wife died unexpectedly not long before our 43rd anniversary. So, the world stopped turning for a while. I'm getting going again, step by painful step, and I hope to complete my assignments soon. Thanks for understanding.
So sorry to hear that wow 43 years hopefully being on here will help you to move forward taking it one day at a time.
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

wib66

Post by wib66 » October 14th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Dr Speedbump wrote:Please forgive my recent non-responsiveness. My wife died unexpectedly not long before our 43rd anniversary. So, the world stopped turning for a while. I'm getting going again, step by painful step, and I hope to complete my assignments soon. Thanks for understanding.
So sorry to hear that wow 43 years hopefully being on here will help you to move forward taking it one day at a time.
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

jondalar1988

Post by jondalar1988 » October 15th, 2013, 10:03 am

The Lord Mayor looks interesting.....May I?
-Ron Altman-

"The significance of man is his awareness of his insignificance!"

gloriana

Post by gloriana » October 15th, 2013, 12:45 pm

jondalar1988 wrote:The Lord Mayor looks interesting.....May I?
Thanks, Ron - I've put you down for the Lord Mayor.

gloriana

Post by gloriana » October 15th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I'm looking through the last couple of pages and have updated a few things in the MW. Vanity is now in there, ready for PL. Dave (aradlaw) are you DPL for this project? If not, want to sign on? :D

Dr. Speedbump, I'm very sorry to hear about your wife. Please take care of yourself and don't worry about it if you can't fulfill your roles - we know that life can get in the way.

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano » October 16th, 2013, 11:40 am

I would like to branch out from books to dramatic reading if I may. May I give Section 17 (Sir Thomas Palmer) a go?

Thanks!

Greg

gloriana

Post by gloriana » October 16th, 2013, 12:56 pm

GregGiordano wrote:I would like to branch out from books to dramatic reading if I may. May I give Section 17 (Sir Thomas Palmer) a go?

Thanks!

Greg
Sure - thanks, Greg, and welcome! There are a number of dramatic projects to which you can lend your voice if you enjoy your experience here. :)

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano » October 16th, 2013, 1:47 pm

gloriana wrote:
GregGiordano wrote:I would like to branch out from books to dramatic reading if I may. May I give Section 17 (Sir Thomas Palmer) a go?

Thanks!

Greg
Sure - thanks, Greg, and welcome! There are a number of dramatic projects to which you can lend your voice if you enjoy your experience here. :)
Thank you for the kind welcome!

GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano » October 24th, 2013, 3:23 am

Here are the recordings for the part of Sir Thomas Palmer:

Scene 1.3

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_13_128kb.mp3

Scene 2.3

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_23_128kb.mp3

Scene 2.4

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_24_128kb.mp3

Scene 4.2

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_42_128kb.mp3

Since this is my first dramatic reading for Librivox I am hopeful that I did it correctly. I am not sure if my files are properly labeled, by the way. Please advise.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

Greg

francesb

Post by francesb » October 24th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Hi! I would love to read for someone, so whoever you think a 13yr old girl would work as, I would love to read for!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green

gloriana

Post by gloriana » October 24th, 2013, 5:00 pm

GregGiordano wrote:Here are the recordings for the part of Sir Thomas Palmer:

Scene 1.3

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_13_128kb.mp3

Scene 2.3

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_23_128kb.mp3

Scene 2.4

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_24_128kb.mp3

Scene 4.2

http://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sirthomasmore_sirthomaspalmer_42_128kb.mp3

Since this is my first dramatic reading for Librivox I am hopeful that I did it correctly. I am not sure if my files are properly labeled, by the way. Please advise.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

Greg
Thanks for your files, Greg - I've put them in the Magic Window. You've mostly got the file names correct, although I recommend doing one file per act, and leaving out the scene #s. Also (and this is totally not your fault, since it's the result of the change in uploader) they should be uploaded to wildemoose's folder (there's no way that you could have known that al = wildemoose, since the first post hasn't been changed, so don't worry about it!).

This isn't actually my project - I'm just looking after it a bit while wildemoose is away - so I can't guarantee when the files will be PL'd. Thanks for submitting them so promptly, though! :)

gloriana

Post by gloriana » October 24th, 2013, 5:03 pm

francesb wrote:Hi! I would love to read for someone, so whoever you think a 13yr old girl would work as, I would love to read for!
Hi Frances, I've put you down for a few roles - Officer, Robin, and Recorder. If those are not to your taste, or you don't want to do all of them, please let me know. This is actually Arielle's project, so I don't know the play that well... please let me know if you'd like different parts. :)

francesb

Post by francesb » October 25th, 2013, 6:21 am

gloriana wrote:
francesb wrote:Hi! I would love to read for someone, so whoever you think a 13yr old girl would work as, I would love to read for!
Hi Frances, I've put you down for a few roles - Officer, Robin, and Recorder. If those are not to your taste, or you don't want to do all of them, please let me know. This is actually Arielle's project, so I don't know the play that well... please let me know if you'd like different parts. :)
All of that sounds great. :) Thanks!
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green