COMPLETE [PLAY] Sir Thomas More by Anthony Munday

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Sir Thomas More by Anthony Munday (1560 - 1633) .

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/sir-thomas-more-by-anthony-munday/
Sir Thomas More is a collaborative Elizabethan play by Anthony Munday and others depicting the life and death of Thomas More. It survives only in a single manuscript, now owned by the British Library. The manuscript is notable because three pages of it are considered to be in the hand of William Shakespeare and for the light it sheds on the collaborative nature of Elizabethan drama and the theatrical censorship of the era. The play dramatizes events in More's life, both real and legendary, in an episodic manner in 17 scenes, unified only by the rise and fall of More's fortunes. (Summary by Wikipedia)
  1. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  2. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here

To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  3. New to recording?

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1547
  5. Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book/play:
  6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Submit one file per act.
  7. Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
    At the beginning: Act [#] of Sir Thomas More , by Anthony Munday . This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of Sir Thomas More , by Anthony Munday .

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Save files as 128 kbps MP3 sirthomasmore_role_#.mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the act number.
    ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: wildemoose - wildemoose
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions? Please post below or PM me.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

So as you may have noticed, this play has a lot of roles. A whole lot of roles. I debated whether to combine them but decided to let readers pick and choose, a la carte fashion. Please feel free to claim more than one, as long as they don't appear in the same act. No restrictions on gender with the exception of Sir Thomas More himself, who I would really prefer to be read by a man.
mb

Post by mb »

If you wouldn't mind choosing something for me, I'd be happy to read it!
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

You kind of have the pick of the litter! How about the Earl of Surrey?
mb

Post by mb »

Some might say I'm Early. Sure!
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

Hi, I'll do a small role in each act:

1. Francis de Barde
2. Harry
3. Erasmus
4. Inclination
5. Hangman

The More the merrier!!!!! Oh dear me, sometimes I am in awe of my own wit. :clap:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

If More is still up for grabs - well, it would be a delight!

My most fulfilling role in college was Thomas Cromwell in "A Man for All Seasons." No Cromwell, but I'd be thrilled to take on the challenge of More.

This is all the more real to me after having visited England a few months ago and visited the tower where More was thought to have been imprisoned, and the church where he, and Cromwell too, are both buried!

I'm brand new to LibriVox so this would be new to me, especially the process for recording a drama, but if you're patient with me, I believe I can deliver a credible performance. Of course if someone more qualified is in the wings, that is fine.

Let me know, or if you want to discuss it further, that is fine too.

Larry Wilson (silverquill)
~ Larry
etel13

Post by etel13 »

Hello,

I'd like to read the Poor Woman Act 5.1, section 52, please.

Thank you
Etel
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Dave - Heehee! Thanks!

Larry - That would be wonderful! I'd be happy for you to jump on board. "A Man for All Seasons" is one of my favorite plays. I did a huge project on it in grad school and now I'm mildly obsessed with it. Please let me know if you have any questions about the process of recording for a drama.

Etel - Great, thank you!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I'm happy to help wherever you'd like to put me. I can read Lady More in 4 and 5 and then you could choose another role(s) in the other acts if you'd like. Or I could do the Earl of Shrewsbury. Whatever works best! :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Just for the lolz of having you read my husband and my mother in the same play, I'm going to put you down for Williamson and Lady More. :twisted:
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

I'd like to read section 23, Clown please. :D
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Great! Thanks, Elley!
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

I'll take Vanity, if I may.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Lovely, thanks, Eden!