COMPLETE [PLAY] Sir Thomas More by Anthony Munday

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

silverquill wrote:Ah! Thanks so much for your patience.

I probably won't get to this until next week. But, I plan to finish up all acts.

~Larry
No problem, Act 3 is PL OK.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Dr Speedbump wrote:Hi!
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_prologue__4.1.mp3

I really enjoyed doing this one. No Brazilian Portuguese. Also, it's not often that I get introduced by a trumpet fanfare.
But, Hey, it's in the script ... so I put it in the recording.
Please let me know if the recording is OK. I'll probably wait for your feedback before recording the role of George Betts,

Thanks,
Vin Lucid
Thanks Vin, nice fanfare, but we tend not to use music and sound effects in productions, for various reasons.
The reading is PL OK, did you intend for the voice to be slightly distorted ? It may be you are a bit too close to the mic as the volume is rather high at 96 dB rather than our standard of 89 dB.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Dr Speedbump

Post by Dr Speedbump »

I spoke in a sing-song voice that cracked a lot. I thought it gave it some character -- but I don't want distortion for technical reasons. I have a sibilant S, which I filtered out with judicious use of the Low Pass Filter -- which may have made the clarity sound a little slushy in places. Let me try it again with bubblegum stuck between my front teeth. I will keep it down to 89 dB, too. Didn't know about that. It's only 1:16 long, with a 5-sec trailer at each end, so I don't mind playing with it.
The fan-fare got old real fast -- but, like I said, it was in the script. I'll trash it.
Thanks for your comments.

Vin Lucid
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thank you Todd, only one PL note..

In Act 2.4 at 1:55 is read " To you, your brethren, and your faithful subjects,"
text - " To you, your brethren, and his faithful subjects,"
David Lawrence

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

aradlaw wrote:Thank you Todd, only one PL note..

In Act 2.4 at 1:55 is read " To you, your brethren, and your faithful subjects,"
text - " To you, your brethren, and his faithful subjects,"
Thanks - I'll fix quickly!

EDIT: phrase re-recorded and act 2 reloaded. Only change is the above.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is Section 10 Act II for Sir Thomas More with the corrections noted.

TIME: 9:49
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_sirthomasmore_2.mp3

I'm still learning how to do these edits in Audacity, but I'll get the hang of it.

I'm in the midst of recording Act IV, by fat the biggest section for More, with quite a wide range of style from scene to scene. I'm doing it scene by scene, and hope I get stitch it all together.

Thanks for your PL help!

~Larry
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Good job of those edits Larry, Act 2 now PL OK. :thumbs:
David Lawrence

WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

First Warder, please. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here are Acts 4 and 5 for Sir Thomas More.

TIME: 24:44
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_sirthomasmore_4.mp3

TIME: 15:48
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/sirthomasmore_sirthomasmore_5.mp3

A strict word perfect PL will review a few minor discrepancies with the text, but none that I think are significant. I thought of trying to go back and redo a few, but I know that the result would not be very good as it is nearly impossible for me to duplicate the exact tenor of my voice again to fit it in and sound natural. But, let me know if you think any of them are of a sufficiently severe nature that they need a new recording. I would at least have to do a complete scene over in order to have reasonable consistency. That's my shortcoming, I'm afraid.

This was on of the very first things I signed up for with Librivox, and one of the reasons I waited so long to complete it is that I wanted to get some reading and listening experience first, before taking on this major role. It has been a challenge and a delight.

Certainly Robert Block was familiar with this play, for I see some of this reflected in his work. More is presented in somewhat a different light, of course, but the message certainly still comes through.

Thanks for allowing me to participate in this project. I look forward to hearing it in its final presentation!

~Larry
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
gmprzywara

Post by gmprzywara »

I would like to read the role of Sherwin. This will be my first Librivox recording and I would like to be listed as Greg Przywara in the
Catalog.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Hi Greg,
I'll put you down for Sherwin, but we recommend that you post a short test recording in the Listeners & Editors Wanted section of the forums. This is NOT an audition, but a way to check to make sure all your technical settings are correct, your volume loud enough, etc.
I'd be a shame to find the specs or other quality issue maring your recording :wink:
David Lawrence

gmprzywara

Post by gmprzywara »

I'll do the test recording tomorrow.
gmprzywara

Post by gmprzywara »

wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks, Greg!