COMPLETE [Group] Half-Past Bedtime by H.H Bashford - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kwdavids

Post by kwdavids »

It appears that readers are not wanted for this project.
Kevin
At the last moment, I decided not to read this section in my "talk like a pirate" voice.
TSHarris

Post by TSHarris »

I'm new at this so I'm not sure if I'm proof reading correctly. I matched up the spoken words with the written words which were correct for this first chapter of Half-past Bedtime. Only problem I saw was at 00:39 where I couldn't understand a particular word due to interference--"the older ones (cannot understand) later on"

Otherwise, the Librivox intro is summarized instead of being an exact quote. Not sure if this matters.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,
TSHarris
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

Thanks so much! You did great! But, that sections actually already been PLed. Look for sections that say, spot check PL or ready for PL.
Halle Kill
I'm going to be away from LV for a while. I have had some serious family things come up and LV is to much at the moment.
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

I read that this project is needing a DPL - I'm interested in getting into the world of PL'ing - but haven't done any yet, nor know where to start ?
I've read what to listen out for and have done quite a few readings now and seen where snags lie.
Is it possible that I can be an apprentice or that someone check that my decisions are correct to begin with ?

Kind Regards
Claire
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Once Halle responds to DPL requests, thids project will be moved over to Readers Found. :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

heathcliffe wrote:I read that this project is needing a DPL - I'm interested in getting into the world of PL'ing - but haven't done any yet, nor know where to start ?
I've read what to listen out for and have done quite a few readings now and seen where snags lie.
Is it possible that I can be an apprentice or that someone check that my decisions are correct to begin with ?

Kind Regards
Claire
Sure Claire! That sounds perfect. It really is pretty simple, as long as you read those guidelines you should know what to do.
Let me know if you have any questions.David will you adds her to the MW?
Halle Kill
I'm going to be away from LV for a while. I have had some serious family things come up and LV is to much at the moment.
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

Cool thank you :)
Might someone check a few of my decisions just in case ?
I've never used a magic window thingy before - is there anything I need to know about that ? (I'm reasonably computer literate :) ... )
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

heathcliffe wrote:Cool thank you :)
Might someone check a few of my decisions just in case ?
I've never used a magic window thingy before - is there anything I need to know about that ? (I'm reasonably computer literate :) ... )
Yes! I will definintely check your comments!

Magic widow wise, the new system makes things pretty easy. All you have to do is click BC admin in the bottom left corner of the MW, login(David will help you get the login set up) and then you'll be able to edit everything. You'll mainly be working with the box farthest to the right. Just tap once and options like, PL Edits needed( if the reader needs to fix something), PL OK and that sort of stuff. Like I said key me know if you have any other questions.

David would you also give her the link to the new workflow instructions?
Halle Kill
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

Ok thank you very much. I'm Looking forward to getting going. :)
Thank you for all your help
Claire
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Clair, you are in as DPL, but there may be a bug in the new system: I can't enter you in the MW as DPL at this time. :roll:

I'l go inquire about that.

..and moving over to Readers Found.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

Ok thank you.
I look forward to checking out how the MW works as soon as it is working
Kind Regards
Claire
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Here is Section 22 Gwendolen:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/dl/halfpastbedtime_22_bashford.mp3

File Size: 15.1 MiB
rack Length: 16:28.55

Enjoy...
Teddy
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

aradlaw wrote:Clair, you are in as DPL, but there may be a bug in the new system: I can't enter you in the MW as DPL at this time. :roll:

I'l go inquire about that.

..and moving over to Readers Found.
Any luck on the MW login yet please ? I see i might have my first listening soon :)
Claire
hallejk

Post by hallejk »

Claire, For now why don't you put your notes in the thread and i'll put them in the MW for you.
Halle Kill
heathcliffe

Post by heathcliffe »

Thanks I'll do that for now. I look forward to the MW working partially also so I can see it on my LVTool I downloaded :) - which is so cool for keeping track of what I'm Reading.

I'll try and listen once the kids are asleep.

Claire