COMPLETE Davy and The Goblin by Charles E. Carryl - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smike

Post by smike »

ElleyKat wrote:
smike wrote:Great. I noticed that the t in the chapter title (ID3 tags) isn't capitalised, but it was only after I had uploaded it. Can this be fixed during cataloguing?
This can absolutely be fixed during cataloging - don't worry about it. ;)
Chapter 2 is PL OK. Thanks Claudia! :clap:
Wonderful. Thanks Elley! :)
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
phouri

Post by phouri »

When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. Ansel Adams
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

The correct place to upload this is here:
viewforum.php?f=21
Just create a new post titled "1 minute test" and they'll give you the OK. I'm afraid I don't know enough about tech specs to judge whether this is good to go or not. I did listen to it and as far as reading STYLE, it sounds great. :) Post over at Listeners & Editors wanted though and they should be able to give you the "official" OK. :)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hiya, let me just throw in that i can fix all sorts of tags during cataloging, and also file names - no need to reupload, i can fix them right on the server. just put a note about it in the magic window and i will do it before/during cataloging :)
Carolin
phouri

Post by phouri »

Hi Carolin

I have re-uploaded after some recording adjustments and am waiting on a word from Sarah Parshall. Glad to read my reader skills make the muster. Thank you.

Peter
When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence. Ansel Adams
maryagneskatherine

Post by maryagneskatherine »

Thanks, Elley
I'll see if I can find the Phil YouTube on compressor. I clicked on that once, but haven't since. Not sure how to do it, but I'll give what you said a try.
mak
maryagneskatherine
Walter Cronkite was supposed to have said, "Practice the words to restore the fun, chase the worry and make things good again."
phouri

Post by phouri »

I've got the green light from Mary-Anne and Sarah. Yay! Started working on chapter 5 this morning. Ps. Catalog name? If it's just initials you can use 'TPR'. If not please give a suggestion.
phouri

Post by phouri »

I figured I'd upload anyway.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/davyandgoblin_05_carryl.mp3

14:17

phi

Please let me know what you think. (it is my first recording for Librivox)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

phouri wrote:I figured I'd upload anyway.

phi

Thanks! Usually your catalog name is whatever you say in the recording when you say "Read by ____." Sounded like you said Pete Houri? Is this what you'd like your catalog name to be?

I'll give this a listen later on today, so please check back here for the OK or for any edits needed. I listened to the first 3 minutes or so, and so far it sounds GREAT!! I'm very excited to listen to the rest of it, and hope you'll record LOTS for Librivox. ;)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

phouri wrote:I figured I'd upload anyway.

phi

Chapter 5 is PL OK! Thanks so much for recording. :)
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

I'm leaving to go on vacation for a week, from Monday 6/3 - Sunday 6/9. If I don't get eaten by bears, I'll be back on LV on Sunday or Monday evening to get caught up on... everything.

If you'd like to claim a section, please do leave a message here! I'll update the MW on a first-claimed basis when I get back. :D
~Elley

phouri

Post by phouri »

Thank you Elley. And I'll go with Pete Houri as my catalogue name.
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

I'm back from the North country, so claim away!
~Elley

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Sigh. I really shouldn't look at these things. They are just too much fun.
This would probably have to go at the end of my list, but I think I can get it done reasonably soon. I can't decide between Chapter VI and XIII, so you can put me down for both, if that's okay.

~Larry (silverquill)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

silverquill wrote:Sigh. I really shouldn't look at these things. They are just too much fun.
This would probably have to go at the end of my list, but I think I can get it done reasonably soon. I can't decide between Chapter VI and XIII, so you can put me down for both, if that's okay.

~Larry (silverquill)
Hahaha, OK Larry, Chapters 6 and 13 are yours. :) Thanks for claiming. (And the turnaround time expectations do say 1-2 months. Not sure how big your list is, but I promise not to be grumpy if it takes you on the outside of the 2 months. ;) )
~Elley