COMPLETE Books Fatal to Their Authors by PH Ditchfield - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 6 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 10 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
ramonescamilla

Post by ramonescamilla »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

thank you for your section MW updated
Michele
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Hi Michele - I've been stumbling around the wiki and I cannot figure out how to determine what db level the recording's at. Is there a specific page or video that you know of the explains it?
Once a country is habituated to liars, it takes generations to bring the truth back.
~ Gore Vidal ~
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Margaret wrote:Hi Michele - I've been stumbling around the wiki and I cannot figure out how to determine what db level the recording's at. Is there a specific page or video that you know of the explains it?
If you are using audacity then look at the very good videos produced by Phil Chenevert

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos

then go to 'additional recording tips' and then 'how to tell your volume in audacity'

Let me know if you need anymore help thanks
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

hi great reading on this section there is just one edit needed please

the volume is very low at 82dB and needs to be at 87-91 dB you can use the wiki page for advice on how to do this
let me know if you need anymore help thanks
Michele
ramonescamilla

Post by ramonescamilla »

Sounds good -- I'll amplify tonight.

R
ramonescamilla

Post by ramonescamilla »

Ok -- if I'm reading the software correctly, this should be ok:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_11_ditchfield_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ramonescamilla wrote:Ok -- if I'm reading the software correctly, this should be ok:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/booksfataltotheirauthors_11_ditchfield_128kb.mp3
this is now PL OK thanks
Michele
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Once a country is habituated to liars, it takes generations to bring the truth back.
~ Gore Vidal ~
wib66

Post by wib66 »

thanks for your section MW updated
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for section 4

The volume is too loud and needs to be around 89dB. there are a number of spikes in the file so it might be worth running compressor on the file first as this may bring the volume down to the correct level.

In Audacity select the whole track then apply the following settings

Compression settings: Threshold: -14dB, Noise Floor: -40, Ratio: 2:1, attack and release left default, Make-up gain: unchecked, and Compress based on Peaks: unchecked

Here is a video by Phil Chenevert which shows clearly how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c

Let me know if you need any more help thanks.
Michele
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

Section 4 fixed and reuploaded.
~ Gore Vidal ~
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Margaret wrote:Section 4 fixed and reuploaded.
thanks I will spot PL it later MW updated
Michele