[SOLO]The Worst Journey in the World, Vol2 By Cherry-Garrar

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Section 17 now ready

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-17_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 25:01

I can't say I'm looking forward to recording the next chapter.

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

17 is PL OK!!

And I'm heading out to restock my stash of tissues for the next part...
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Tissues at the ready, here's section 18

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-18_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 24:23

I have to say, reading some of the last sections were rather difficult, I had to re-record some parts several times!

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Yes, I can understand why. I couldn't see the text by the end of the section. :cry:

It's PL OK.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Sorry for the wait, my wife's been in an out of hospital, so didn't have any spare time last week!

anyhow, here's section19

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-19_cherry-garrard.mp3

Time 24:14

Apologies for the 'cod' American accent!!

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

I hope everything is okay with your wife, Kevin. I'm sorry to hear she's been in and out of the hospital and I wish her the very best.

Section 19 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

My wife unfortunately has one of those intermittent problems, by the time she gets to hospital it's gone away! Probably something to do with a slow heart rate - we're waiting for them to supply a portable monitor.

Anyhow, here's part one of the next part of the Polar journey.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-20_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 16:22

Kevin
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

That has to be so stressful and frustrating. I hope the doctors find a solution for her very soon.

20 is PL OK. 21 is downloaded and I will listen in the morning.
Laura
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

21 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

There was a portion missing which I've highlighted.

@5:22 This attack was very typical. "I wrote this at lunch and in the evening had a bad attack of snow blindness." ... "Blizzard in afternoon.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Oops, well spotted. Looks like I skipped a line when I read it, and when I proof-read it!
Good job you're keeping a close eye on things. Oh, and I don't know if you noticed, but I
said ZnSO4 just after that mistake, and not ZuSO4, because there isn't an element Zu, and
Zinc sulfate is well known antiseptic.

Kevin

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-22_cherry-garrard.mp3

time 16:44
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

Section 22 is good to go!! :) Yes, I knew why you had corrected the typo ZuSO4 to ZnSO4.

This has been such an emotional read, do you have something lighthearted picked out for your next solo?
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Ah, I was going to mention that when I got nearer the end of this one. I do have
another book lined up, but I wouldn't call it lighthearted! In fact if you did not want
to PL it I would quite understand. It's called 'My path to atheism' by Annie Besant, and
surgically dissects Christianity, which was quite an achievement for a woman at the
end of the 19th century. As a devout atheist myself, I feel it is the sort of book
that should be given wider exposure, but if it clashes with your own personal beliefs,
then I would understand if you did not wish to PL it.
Kevin