[SOLO]The Worst Journey in the World, Vol2 By Cherry-Garrar

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

boojumuk wrote:There might be the odd word out in this section, it's very difficult reading a passage written in the vernacular. Some of the sentences are rather rambling and don't make grammatical sense, but I hope it's understandable.
In spite of the rambling sentences in the journal your narration was splendid as always. :clap:

The only thing to note was the opening journal date was left out should you wish to add it in.

@:18 "15th January 1912"--

Hope you're off relaxing and enjoying your holiday.
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Damn, yes, I'll put that in when I get home.
speak to you at the end of next week
cheers
Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Here you go, the corrected version of section 10 (I'm back :-) )

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-10_cherry-garrard.mp3

an extra 2 seconds at 18:31

Kevin
The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they’ve found it. - Terry Pratchett
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Welcome back, Kevin! :D Hope you had a nice refreshing holiday. I found this interesting and thought you might also if you haven't already seen it... I follow the Polar Museum on twitter and it came across my feed this morning that Cherry-Garrard's medals that had been in a private collection were going to be auctioned off tomorrow.

10 is good to go!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

Yes thanks, had a lovely time exploring the wilds of the Shetland Isles :-)

Section 11 now ready to go

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-11_cherry-garrard.mp3

Time 18:29

How did Cherry-Garrard's medals go?

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

That sounds like a lovely way to spend some down time. I haven't seen anything today on how the auction turned out but I'd be curious to learn who ended up with his medals.

Knowing how this expedition ends and listening to it as it progresses to get to that point, I'll be honest, it's getting harder and harder to see the text as I follow along. I have to keep the tissues always at the ready while listening.

11 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

It's going to get worse! Anyhow, here's section 12

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/worstjourneyintheworldvolume2-12_cherry-garrard.mp3

Time 15:25

Kevin
lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

12 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

13 is PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

Hi Kevin,

14 & 15 are PL OK!!
Laura
boojumuk

Post by boojumuk »

lvictoria

Post by lvictoria »

16 is PL OK!!
Laura