COMPLETE: Edison, His Life & Inventions by Dyer - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Section 37 - perfect! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Sorry, didn't notice before that this one is fully subscribed! Have moved the thread over to Readers Found. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Here is the link to Chapter 11:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/edison_lifeinventions_11_dyer_martin.mp3

all 51:21 minutes of it!
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Woohoo! Thanks! I must admit, those nearly-an-hour-long chapters are part of the reason I switched this from a solo to a collaboration. I just don't have that much time to squeeze, so I'm VERY grateful for those such as you who are willing to tackle such lengthy chapters! :D
Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

11 downloading! [/size]
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Section 11 - great! [/size]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Jazbees, could you update the target completion date? :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
ab2525

Post by ab2525 »

Quick update... am working on my chapter... should have it done tomorrow or monday
What's this little box thingy for? Oh! [color=red]C[/color][color=orange]O[/color][color=yellow]L[/color][color=blue]O[/color][color=indigo]R[/color]
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

Thanks for the update! :)

Along that line, it would be great if all those who still have chapters to record could please update me with your progress if you haven't done so already, either here or via PM. The target completion date has been updated to June of this year, and I feel that's an easily-achievable goal considering how little work is left on this project. I'm happy with that being any time in June, not necessarily the beginning, but it would still be helpful to know where folks are at and if there are any concerns about getting your requested chapters recorded by then.

I'll probably start sending PM's to those who still have chapters to record, in case folks aren't getting the notices of the thread updates (it's happened to me more than once). If you've volunteered and I don't hear from you by the middle of May -- roughly one month from today -- then your chapter(s) will be considered abandoned and will be made available for other volunteers to claim. Remember: there is no shame in having to give up a chapter (or more) that you have claimed if you are unable to complete it. The whole reason this book is as far along as it is is because I gave up the vast majority of it to other readers after having originally planned to do the whole thing myself.

Thanks again to all those who have helped so far! Let's get this thing wrapped up and cataloged! :)
Justin S Barrett

Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

I've got too many commitments and need to let some things go, so I'm freeing up section 35. It's fairly short, so it shouldn't take long to record. Who wants it?
Justin S Barrett

mlemmons

Post by mlemmons »

section 40 is here at long last. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ge/edison_lifeinventions_40_dyer_martin.mp3

I am sorry for the delay. I have sick off and on for the last month and a half. Nothing major, just enough to make me feel like I am choking when I have to talk for a sustained period. Definitely not good for recording. But that is no excuse for not editing. I don't even know how long this has been sitting on my computer waiting for me to edit it.

mlemmons
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

http://melissalemmons.blogspot.com/
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Thanks Melissa, I'm going to pop this in the magic window since I know Gesine is busy.

Esther
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Downloading 40! Sorry to hear you've been sick mlemmons Image Hope you feel better.

K.
[/size]
mlemmons

Post by mlemmons »

Thanks Kehinde. I can't wait for school to get out so that maybe I can get better. I have to talk all day, so by the time I get home or it is the weekend there has not been much voice left. Of course, if the previous pattern continues, I will get horribly sick the first week of summer vacation. I got sick the first day of Spring Break and then two weeks ago as I was about to go out of town for the weekend. I am still trying to get over that last bout of ick.
English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

http://melissalemmons.blogspot.com/
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

mlemmons wrote:Thanks Kehinde. I can't wait for school to get out so that maybe I can get better. I have to talk all day, so by the time I get home or it is the weekend there has not been much voice left. Of course, if the previous pattern continues, I will get horribly sick the first week of summer vacation. I got sick the first day of Spring Break and then two weeks ago as I was about to go out of town for the weekend. I am still trying to get over that last bout of ick.
Oh no- that's absolutely the worst! There's nothing like work getting in the way of your trying to get better. And of course you get sick all over again just as you're almost better! Image

Does your throat hurt a lot? I've tried hot tea with a spoonful or two of honey and it soothes like nothing does. When does school get out??

K.
[/size]