Our Little Canadian Cousin - phi

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » May 11th, 2013, 2:25 am

Chapter 6 is PL OK!
I'm sorry about the noise reduction. I was PL'ing your file on my old laptop, so what I heard probably was just the (very loud) fan. :wink: I just PL'ed your file again on my big Mac and everything looks good! Thank you for fixing! :clap:

KirstenNelson
Posts: 60
Joined: October 20th, 2011, 6:02 pm
Location: Sometimes Toronto, sometimes Providence Bay.

Post by KirstenNelson » May 14th, 2013, 12:59 pm

philchenevert wrote: YES! I am very happy to have one of our lovely Canadian cousins reading this. (Now don't track any snow in) Image
Haha! We have had hail here since you wrote that, so I can't protest that it's May and there's no chance to track anything in!

I haven't done many recordings and none in many months, so I have the nagging feeling I've forgotten many things. But here's my first attempt:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_08_macdonald.mp3
It's a short chapter, at just 14:51.

Don't hesitate to tell me if it needs to be re-recorded!

There was what might be a typo on page 104, where Jackie says "gorlious". I read it as written, since that's what I recall we're supposed to do... it might have been intentional on the author's part to have the youngest child say a difficult word wrong. Let me know if you want me to change it to "glorious".

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 14th, 2013, 2:54 pm

KirstenNelson wrote:
philchenevert wrote: YES! I am very happy to have one of our lovely Canadian cousins reading this. (Now don't track any snow in) Image
Haha! We have had hail here since you wrote that, so I can't protest that it's May and there's no chance to track anything in!

I haven't done many recordings and none in many months, so I have the nagging feeling I've forgotten many things. But here's my first attempt:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_08_macdonald.mp3
It's a short chapter, at just 14:51.
Don't hesitate to tell me if it needs to be re-recorded!
There was what might be a typo on page 104, where Jackie says "gorlious". I read it as written, since that's what I recall we're supposed to do... it might have been intentional on the author's part to have the youngest child say a difficult word wrong. Let me know if you want me to change it to "glorious".
Thank you Kirstin. I will put this into the magic window for proof listening and if anything needs to be fixed they will let you know. :thumbs:
EDIT: we normally read what is printed unless it's an obvious printing error.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » May 15th, 2013, 3:53 am

KirstenNelson wrote:
philchenevert wrote: YES! I am very happy to have one of our lovely Canadian cousins reading this. (Now don't track any snow in) Image
Haha! We have had hail here since you wrote that, so I can't protest that it's May and there's no chance to track anything in!

I haven't done many recordings and none in many months, so I have the nagging feeling I've forgotten many things. But here's my first attempt:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_08_macdonald.mp3
It's a short chapter, at just 14:51.

Don't hesitate to tell me if it needs to be re-recorded!

There was what might be a typo on page 104, where Jackie says "gorlious". I read it as written, since that's what I recall we're supposed to do... it might have been intentional on the author's part to have the youngest child say a difficult word wrong. Let me know if you want me to change it to "glorious".
Wonderful job! PL OK :wink:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 31st, 2013, 9:23 am

Chapter 10 has been orphaned and is open for anyone to claim. :D
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

ductapeguy
Posts: 1873
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 9:51 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by ductapeguy » May 31st, 2013, 10:33 am

philchenevert wrote:Chapter 10 has been orphaned and is open for anyone to claim. :D
I can record chapter 10 this weekend.
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 31st, 2013, 12:07 pm

ductapeguy wrote:
philchenevert wrote:Chapter 10 has been orphaned and is open for anyone to claim. :D
I can record chapter 10 this weekend.
Thank you. That would be great. :thumbs:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

katalinawatt
Posts: 80
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Post by katalinawatt » May 31st, 2013, 12:28 pm

Science Fiction
Double Feature
http://seenthefuture.blogspot.co.uk

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 31st, 2013, 12:45 pm

katalinawatt wrote:Here's Chapter 7. Hope the recording's okay! :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_07_macdonald.mp3
Petunia the Perky PenguinImagewill put this into the Magic Window for proof listening. :thumbs:

Oh, how long is the recording? Like 8:11 for 8 minutes and 11 seconds.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

katalinawatt
Posts: 80
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 1:34 pm

Post by katalinawatt » May 31st, 2013, 1:51 pm

philchenevert wrote:
katalinawatt wrote:Here's Chapter 7. Hope the recording's okay! :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_07_macdonald.mp3
Petunia the Perky PenguinImagewill put this into the Magic Window for proof listening. :thumbs:

Oh, how long is the recording? Like 8:11 for 8 minutes and 11 seconds.
I think the recording's 14:15 :thumbs:
Science Fiction
Double Feature
http://seenthefuture.blogspot.co.uk

ductapeguy
Posts: 1873
Joined: January 2nd, 2006, 9:51 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by ductapeguy » May 31st, 2013, 6:31 pm

Here is chapter 10. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_10_macdonald.mp3
5:02 4731kb

Thanks alot all. This little story was a fun return to Librivox for me. :clap:

philchenevert wrote:
ductapeguy wrote:
philchenevert wrote:Chapter 10 has been orphaned and is open for anyone to claim. :D
I can record chapter 10 this weekend.
Thank you. That would be great. :thumbs:
[size=84] Sean McGaughey
Librivox: [url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=231]Catalog[/url] | [url=http://ductapeguy.net]ductapeguy.net-- My music and podcasts[/url][/size]

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » May 31st, 2013, 7:59 pm

ductapeguy wrote:Here is chapter 10. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_10_macdonald.mp3
5:02 4731kb
Thanks alot all. This little story was a fun return to Librivox for me. :clap:
[
Great and happy to have you back. I remember seeing you name around here in the past. :thumbs: I will put this into the MW for proofing.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » June 3rd, 2013, 4:21 am

katalinawatt wrote:Here's Chapter 7. Hope the recording's okay! :)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/phi/ourlittlecanadiancousin_07_macdonald.mp3
It's great! Thank you very much. PL OK!

WoollyBee
Posts: 4769
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 9:08 am
Location: NY

Post by WoollyBee » June 6th, 2013, 8:10 am

Chapter 10 is PL OK!

We're ready for cataloging!

Note: Phil, there's no duration for Chapter 9. :wink:

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17722
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » June 6th, 2013, 10:20 am

Image
Yipeeeeee! There are people yearning right now to listen to this gem and I will catalog it tonight! My dancing pickle agrees. (A Canadian pickle by the way)
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy

My wife just gave me a "Get Better Soon" card. I'm not sick. She just thinks I should be better.


These Tutorial Videos Certified Virus Free !!

Post Reply