Volunteers outside the USA: Ruth Plumly Thompson died in 1976. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places, like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years, Australia (author's death plus 70 years for authors who died after 1955) or Canada (author's death plus 50 years).
This delightful project is now in our catalog at https://librivox.org/kabumpo-in-oz-by-ruth-plumly-thompson/
Dear children: Do you like Elephants? Do you believe in Giants? And do you love all the jolly people of the Wonderful Land of Oz? Well then you'll want to hear about the latest happenings in that delightful Kingdom. All are set forth in true Oz fashion in "Kabumpo in Oz," the sixteenth Oz book. Kabumpo is an Elegant Elephant. He is very old and wise, and has a kindly heart, as have all the Oz folks. In the new book you'll meet Prince Pompa, and Peg Amy, a charming Wooden Doll. There are new countries, strange adventures and the most surprising Box of Magic you have ever heard of. Ruggedo , the wicked old Gnome King, does a lot of mischief with this before Princess Ozma can stop him. Of course Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Scraps, Glinda the Good, Tik-Tok, and other old friends all are alive and busy in the new book. I am just back from the Emerald City with the best of Oz wishes for everybody, but especially you. Philadelphia Spring of 1922 Ruth Plumly Thompson (Summary by Ruth Plumly Thompson)
- How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Is there a deadline?
We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- Text source (only read from this text!): http://manybooks.net/titles/thompsonrother09Kabumpo_in_Oz.html
[font color=red]Links to chapter text can be found in the MW[/font]
- Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
BC Admin ===========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
- Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Plumly_Thompson
- Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabumpo_in_Oz
- Number of sections (files) this project will have: 22
- Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: yes
- Original publication date (if known): 1922
- If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
Genres for the project:
adventure, animals, children, fantasy, fiction
Keywords that describe the book:
Oz, wizard of oz, elephants, gnome king, ozma, land of oz, l. frank baum
- The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Start of recording (Intro)
- "Chapter [number] of Kabumpo in Oz . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
" Kabumpo in Oz , by Ruth Plumly Thompson, Chapter [number and Title]"
- At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Kabumpo in Oz , by Ruth Plumly Thompson . "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
kabumpoinoz_##_thompson.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. kabumpoinoz_01_thompson.mp3)
[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Title: ## - [Section title]
Artist: Ruth Plumly Thompson
Album: Kabumpo in Oz
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: phi - philchenevert
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.