COMPLETE[DRAM.READ]The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. F. Baum-kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

The Marvelous Land of Oz by L. Frank Baum (1856 - 1919) .
The Marvelous Land of Oz Being an account of the further adventures of the Scarecrow and Tin Woodman and also the strange experiences of the highly magnified Woggle-Bug, Jack Pumpkin-head, the Animated Saw-Horse and the Gump; the story being A Sequel to The Wizard of Oz (Summary by L. Frank Baum)
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-marvelous-land-of-oz-dramatic-reading-by-l-frank-baum/
  1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you'd like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
    Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text (Please only read from the color-coded google docs in the Magic Window!!) http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/54
    NOTE: If your character has a chapter with "ALL" included in the list of characters at the beginning of the chapter, please also read the "ALL" line. :D Thank you!
  5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
    If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project:
    adventure, children, fantasy, fiction

Keywords that describe the book:
    Wizard of Oz, Ozma, Oz,
  6. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:

Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  7. DURING recording:
    Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of your recording!

Submit one file per chapter.

Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    [Role], read by [your name].

If you are reading narration, please include for each file:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Marvelous Land of Oz. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Marvelous Land of Oz , by L. Frank Baum . [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Marvelous Land of Oz , by L. Frank Baum . "

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  8. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    marvelouslandofoz_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case) where # is the chapter number. (e.g. marvelouslandofoz_glinda_20.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags (not needed for individual parts)
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: L. Frank Baum
    Album: The Marvelous Land of Oz

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloging stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)

Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kd - KiltedDragon
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by ElleyKat on July 12th, 2013, 9:00 am, edited 13 times in total.
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Is this the project you wanted to shadow with catrose being BC?
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Noooooooo, she hasn't posted that one yet. (...Why isn't there a *shifty eyes* smiley?!)
~Elley

I've had a death in the family and won't be around Librivox much for the next while. I'll be back ... when I'm back. I appreciate your patience in the meanwhile. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK. I'll move this one off the main forum until the conditions you've met in the PM exchange a couple days ago are completed. PM one of the admins when your solo is done, and we'll move it back to the Launch Pad for you. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Aye aye, Captain! *salute*
~Elley

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

All set up to go.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

KiltedDragon wrote:All set up to go.
Can't get in - I have a temporary ID, remember? :wink:
~Elley

ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Also, edited my original post to reflect that it's a dramatic work (not a standard group project). If something in the first post doesn't look right, please let me know. :D I used a few existing DR's as a template.
Last edited by ElleyKat on May 10th, 2013, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Elley

WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

May I be DPL once you get going? Looks like a fun project!!! :thumbs: :wink:
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

SarahParshall wrote:May I be DPL once you get going? Looks like a fun project!!! :thumbs: :wink:
Absolutely. :D Thanks for volunteered. I've removed the tilde from the title. Thanks! :D
~Elley

KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Both of you should be able to access the MW now.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

KiltedDragon wrote:Both of you should be able to access the MW now.
Thanks Barry!

The MW says "Marvelous Land of Oz (version 2)" - can we note (dramatic reading) in there somewhere as well? I know that 2 of the 3 dramatic oz words are designated as such in the catalogue, but one isn't. :D
~Elley

WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

KiltedDragon wrote:Both of you should be able to access the MW now.
Awesome, thanks, Barry. I'm in! :)
ElleyKat

Post by ElleyKat »

Whoops! Can I get ONE more section please, Barry? :D Forgot about the intro. :roll:
~Elley

WoollyBee

Post by WoollyBee »

Elley,
I have never DPL'ed a dramatic work before and I have a quick question. Am I right in thinking that I'm PL'ing the following?
  • -The lines BEFORE they are put together in a chapter
    -The final chapters (once they're all put together)
Thanks so much! :)