gloriana

Post by gloriana »

MW updated. I can listen to it.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

wib66 wrote:
Loveday wrote:
03:00 - "straight of the stage" - Archive says "straight off the stage"
06:19 - according to Archive, the line and stage direction have been switched - should be "(Narrator) The blue suddenly becomes amber. (Vane) My God! (Narrator) The blue returns ... "
07:22 - missing stage direction - "Foreson crosses to the window" - before Vane's line "No, no! by the curtain"
18:49 - "with split sheets of paper" - "with spilt sheets of paper'
21:28 - "an a stilly voice" - according to Archive should be "in a stilly voice"
27:09 - "who as coming down" should be "who is coming down" (it seems that Gutenberg's OCR has a problem with a's!)

Gutenberg also seems to have substituted "kipped" for "hipped" in the Professor's line at 21:50. I'm not sure if that troubles you (I didn't know what either of them meant, so it didn't really bother me very much - I'm still not totally sure what Galsworthy meant by "hipped", if that is indeed what he wrote ...).
Hi Loveday
Thanks for the PL of Punch and Go
Luckily all the lines were mine as narrator so I have edited them now and re-uploaded the file below

http://dev.librivox.org/uploads/gloriana/oneactplays006_punchandgo_galsworthy.mp3

Hipped apparently means obsessed or infatuated with something. I have left this line as is but changed all the others. If you are able to spot check it that would be great. Thanks
PL OK!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Midsummer Dance Dream is PL OK. I've started moving finished plays up to the top of the MW. So now we just need to finish up Snark and Mme. Butterfly and we're good to go!
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

wib66 wrote:Thanks Tovarisch I can then edit that in :9:
New file uploaded: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/punchandgo_guytoone_johngalsworthy.mp3 (07:26), the rerecorded words are at ~06:14. Thanks!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Oh, excellent! Thank you! :)
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
catrose

Post by catrose »

Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Here is the final version of Punch and Go with the edited lines for Guy Toone thanks

http://dev.librivox.org/uploads/gloriana/oneactplays006_punchandgo_galsworthy.mp3

It just needs a spot PL Check at 21:50 thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

MW updated with Snark narration and Punch and Go update. Looks like Snark is ready to edit!

Todd, any word from the reader who has signed up for Mme. Butterfly?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

gloriana wrote:
Todd, any word from the reader who has signed up for Mme. Butterfly?
Yes, we have been PM'ing and looks to be soon. Had hardware problems that are now all fixed.

I have everything else edited in anticipation.

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Awesome! I'll get started. :)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

The Hunting of the Snark is completely edited, aside from The Butcher's lines.
PROJECTS
Interrobang

Post by Interrobang »

I am so sorry about the long delay, and I hope the recording quality isn't too awful. I've mostly repaired my technical issues but I worry that the sound may still be impacted. :|

Anyway, Cho-Cho-San (Madame Butterfly) is now uploaded; http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/madamebutterfly_chochosan_bell.mp3

The length is 34:52.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Interrobang wrote:I am so sorry about the long delay, and I hope the recording quality isn't too awful. I've mostly repaired my technical issues but I worry that the sound may still be impacted. :|

Anyway, Cho-Cho-San (Madame Butterfly) is now uploaded; http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/madamebutterfly_chochosan_bell.mp3

The length is 34:52.
I have downloaded for PL this evening and then play edit this weekend!!

edit: Madam Butterfly PL OK - a wonderful reading! Tears in my eyes!! All assembled into the play but I have to prooflisten myself after I recover before I can upload...

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is Madame Butterfly. Can someone PL, please? (I did intentionally leave out a couple of stage directions that were obvious and seemed to break the dramatic flow.)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/oneactplays006_madamebutterfly_belasco.mp3
length 45:46

Thanks, Todd