COMPLETE Library of the World's Best Literature, vol 5 - le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15742
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » July 27th, 2014, 4:07 pm

The last of Bjornson . . . there's a loud bit at the beginning, but the whole file balances out at 89 dB. Let me know if you think the loud bit is too loud, I can tone it down a bit and bring up the quiet bits, but I didn't want to do that too much because I was trying to go with the emotions of the characters in the play . . .

07 - 31.41 - https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature5_07_various_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn

lubee930
Posts: 4680
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 28th, 2014, 10:24 am

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:The last of Bjornson . . . there's a loud bit at the beginning, but the whole file balances out at 89 dB. Let me know if you think the loud bit is too loud, I can tone it down a bit and bring up the quiet bits, but I didn't want to do that too much because I was trying to go with the emotions of the characters in the play . . .
07 - 31.41 - https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature5_07_various_128kb.mp3
MaryAnn
I listened to your section late yesterday evening, and I think that the volume is just fine as is, MaryAnn--no adjustments needed. Wonderful reading! :thumbs:

Section 07: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15742
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » July 28th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Thanks Lucretia. Glad to have that done. It took me quite a while because the play bit was a bit intimidating. I loved the two other stories. What a wonderful (and under appreciated) author.

MaryAnn

Edit - Oh, and may I claim Section 19 next? I'd like to see this volume get done because there is so many well known authors in Volume 6 - Bronte and everyone whose name begins "Brown" . . .

lubee930
Posts: 4680
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 28th, 2014, 3:32 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Thanks Lucretia. Glad to have that done. It took me quite a while because the play bit was a bit intimidating. I loved the two other stories. What a wonderful (and under appreciated) author.
MaryAnn
Edit - Oh, and may I claim Section 19 next? I'd like to see this volume get done because there is so many well known authors in Volume 6 - Bronte and everyone whose name begins "Brown" . . .
I've not tried any of the dramatic reading stuff--I'm not sure that I could manage it very well, but I thought that you did a great job. And, yes, I really liked the stories--especially "The Father". :)

I've put you in the MW for 19--thanks!
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17853
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » July 28th, 2014, 4:22 pm

Well, if MaryAnn wants it finished :wink:

Could I do 41 - The Norwegian Dance please?
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

lubee930
Posts: 4680
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » July 28th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Availle wrote:Well, if MaryAnn wants it finished :wink:
Could I do 41 - The Norwegian Dance please?
I put you in the MW for Section 41--thank you, Ava! :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12408
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » July 30th, 2014, 8:29 pm

Thanks, Lucretia, for keeping the project running. And thanks to everyone helping it get done! :D
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

AlanNBeck
Posts: 3
Joined: August 5th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Post by AlanNBeck » August 12th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Is everything claimed? I can take some of the "Selected POems by ____" chapters?

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12408
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 14th, 2014, 4:44 am

No, not everything! Sections 17, 18, 24, 28, 32 and 33 are available! Please let us know which one you would prefer! Thanks!
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17853
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 18th, 2014, 6:25 pm

And here's the Norwegian Dance, lasting only 18:00...
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature5_41_various_128kb.mp3

There was a song in the middle, each line sung alternatingly by Gunnar and Ragnhild and then by both... I think this was the most annoying song in my life... :lol:
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

lubee930
Posts: 4680
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » August 19th, 2014, 8:34 pm

Availle wrote:And here's the Norwegian Dance, lasting only 18:00...
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature5_41_various_128kb.mp3
There was a song in the middle, each line sung alternatingly by Gunnar and Ragnhild and then by both... I think this was the most annoying song in my life... :lol:
Yes, that song must have been a bit tedious to read--but well done anyway! :)

Section 41:
--At ~7:00 the text shows "...spoiled even by a vicious artistic principle"--but I hear you say "...spoiled even by a victorious artistic principle"

Thanks, Ava!
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17853
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » August 20th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Oops - sorry about that.

Error corrected and file re-uploaded, same running time. Thanks for catching that!
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

lubee930
Posts: 4680
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » August 21st, 2014, 9:40 am

Availle wrote:Oops - sorry about that.
Error corrected and file re-uploaded, same running time. Thanks for catching that!
Thank you, Ava! :)

Section 41: PL OK
Kind regards,
Lucretia

Leni
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12408
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 9:10 pm
Location: Vitória, Brazil

Post by Leni » August 21st, 2014, 3:14 pm

Thanks, Ava and Lucretia! :D
Leni
=================

The Library of the World's Best Literature volume 10 needs you! Only ONE section to go! :D

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15742
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » August 23rd, 2014, 4:26 pm

Mathilde Blind is ready for PL.
19 - 35.02 - https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/worldsbestliterature5_19_various_128kb.mp3

MaryAnn

Post Reply