COMPLETE Library of the World's Best Literature, vol 5 - le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Here is Section 29 - George H. Boker

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/worldsbestliterature5_29_various.mp3

Run time is 11:45

Take care,

Greg
diamethyst

Post by diamethyst »

Availle wrote: Thanks for PLing, and sorry I didn't see that before...

Actually, I don't hear anything wrong at the second place and the other two are fine also imo.

That's the way I pronounce things - the last T (or D) of obliged/enriched and the first T of to/the. I could run them together a bit better, but cutting them out completely sounds funny, especially in the last case.

So, I opt for leaving it this way :wink:
Oh, that's perfectly alright. Since I haven't had much experience with PLing so I sometimes still mistaken things as you can see :oops:

Thank you very much ~
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Uploaded:

Section 38.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/worldsbestliterature5_38_various.mp3
Duration: 1 hour precisely. (1:00:00)

Sorry it took so long.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
diamethyst

Post by diamethyst »

LenXZ1 wrote:Here is section 22, Selected Excerpts by Giovanni Boccaccio:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/worldsbestliterature5_22_various.mp3
Duration: 16:52

Len
Hi Len,

Section 22 is PL OK :clap:

Thank you very much for your work ^w^
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Heads-up, fellow readers. I claimed Section 29 but neglected to check the MW for confirmation before recording and posting. In other words, Section29 is already finished, it is just not reflected in the MW due to my error.

I just don't want anyone to believe it is free and claim it. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Take care,

Greg
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Greg,

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think it will be a problem. If you see somebody ask for it before Leni gets a chance to post it in the MW you can just mention that it's done. There are lots left for a person to choose from. :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Darvinia wrote:Greg,

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think it will be a problem. If you see somebody ask for it before Leni gets a chance to post it in the MW you can just mention that it's done. There are lots left for a person to choose from. :)
Thank you for the suggestion. I shall continue to watch the requests until the MW is updated.

Many thanks!

Greg
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I took the liberty to add Greg's recording to the MW in order to avoid confusion.

If Leni is not back this weekend, I will add Linh as DPL for this project as well.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Availle wrote:I took the liberty to add Greg's recording to the MW in order to avoid confusion.

If Leni is not back this weekend, I will add Linh as DPL for this project as well.
Thank you, Ava. I appreciate your help!

Take care,

Greg
diamethyst

Post by diamethyst »

GregGiordano wrote:Here is Section 29 - George H. Boker

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/worldsbestliterature5_29_various.mp3

Take care,

Greg
Hello Greg,

I hope that you can change the ID tag for Title and Artist a little bit, just so that the ID3tags agree through out the whole book, you know :wink:

Apart from that, your reading is absolutely great :clap:

Thank you very much for your work!

Linh
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

diamethyst wrote:
GregGiordano wrote:Here is Section 29 - George H. Boker

Take care,

Greg
Hello Greg,

I hope that you can change the ID tag for Title and Artist a little bit, just so that the ID3tags agree through out the whole book, you know :wink:

Apart from that, your reading is absolutely great :clap:

Thank you very much for your work!

Linh
Linh,

Thank you very much for all your help on this. I don't know where my brain was! I uploaded what should be a correct track.

Since this chapter did not have a credited author I hope that I got the ID tag correct.

Thanks again for all you have done to help!

Take care,

Greg
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Ava, Greg and Linh

Thanks for the help with keeping this project up and sorry for the state of neglect in which I left it. I'll try and be less absent, but if I happen to disappear for a while again (I'm moving from South to North America in 20 days, so things are hectic), don't worry about stepping on my toes. I'll try my best not to be away for such an extended period anymore.

I have updated the window.
Leni
=================
diamethyst

Post by diamethyst »

Leni wrote:Ava, Greg and Linh

Thanks for the help with keeping this project up and sorry for the state of neglect in which I left it. I'll try and be less absent, but if I happen to disappear for a while again (I'm moving from South to North America in 20 days, so things are hectic), don't worry about stepping on my toes. I'll try my best not to be away for such an extended period anymore.

Thank you very much for updating the MW :3

I hope you're going to have a great time in North America!

Linh
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Leni wrote:Ava, Greg and Linh

Leni,

I do apologize again for my part in making this more complicated than it needed to be.

I hope your move goes well.

I look forward to working with Linh and Ava on this and other projects!

Take care,

Greg
ppcunningham

Post by ppcunningham »

It has been brought to my attention that I neglected to record several minutes at the end of my section. :oops:
I have now completed it and re-uploaded. I also fixed the ID3 tags.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/worldsbestliterature5_42_various.mp3

new time 34:32

Patti
The trouble with life isn't that there is no answer, it's that there are so many answers. Ruth Benedict

Non curo. Si metrum non habet, non est poema

My Page