* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:00 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

Post Posted:: February 27th, 2014, 11:23 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

I've increased the end-silence as you mentioned

Post Posted:: February 27th, 2014, 11:27 am 

Oh, OK. I forgot about that. I thought it had been PL OK the first time.

Great. I'll listen to the sections soon :)

Post Posted:: March 16th, 2014, 12:26 pm 

Well, not so "soon" I'm afraid. Sorry about that :roll:
Anyway, both sections are PL OK. Good job with pronunciation :thumbs:

Post Posted:: March 17th, 2014, 2:15 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks Piotr!! :D

('soon' is always relative; no worries, this was 'soon enough' :mrgreen: )

Post Posted:: May 27th, 2014, 11:05 am 

I'm feeling brave today, so I'd like to take a run at sections 8 & 9 if I could.

Thanks!

Come read about Ireland! (Not PD in Death +70 countries)

Post Posted:: May 27th, 2014, 11:14 am 

Great :thumbs: You're in.

Post Posted:: June 4th, 2014, 4:38 am 

Hi Piotrek,

then I would try my hand at section 10 if I may.

Thanks in advance for any patience that might be required in advising me.
I will study the recording guidelines and just hand in my attempt.

Best,
Fabian

Post Posted:: June 4th, 2014, 4:46 am 

Hi varangian.
I'll put your claim in the MW, just tell me how you want to be credited. It can be your username, real name or something else entirely. Also, do you want me to add some link (e.g. personal blog) so that it is displayed on your catalogue page?
Also, please wait with the actual recording until your test is OKed.

Post Posted:: June 12th, 2014, 6:56 am 

Hi. I'm new here and haven't done any recordings yet, but being Polish I would like to take part in reading "The Deluge". Could you give me a chance to read Chapter XII? If you do, I want to ask if I should pronounce Polish names as written or "the Polish way"?
And I've seen you can choose how you want to be credited if you are to read something. In my case you can just use my username.

Post Posted:: June 12th, 2014, 7:56 am 

Hi. It's great to see another Pole here :D
I'll be happy to assign you the chapter you want but first I'd strongly encourage you to record and submit what we call "1-minute-test" (you can find details about how to record and submit it in the wiki just above the board). This is not an audition, it's just to check if your recording equipment and software is OK. Once the test is OKed, you can start recording knowing that your file won't be spoilt by any nasty surprise.
Also, you can choose to have a link to your personal blog (if you have it) or other non-commercial site to be associated with your catalogue name if you want. If you want that, give me a link :)

As for names, I read them the Polish way because I'm Polish and reading them in a different way wouldn't have sounded right to me ;) You can choose whichever method you prefer, though.

Post Posted:: June 12th, 2014, 8:27 am 

Thanks. I'll do the test. I will also pronounce names the Polish way. I hope I'll be a good reader :)

Post Posted:: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am 

Ok, this is my recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/delugevol1_15_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Duration: 30:50
I hope you'll like it :wink:

Post Posted:: June 29th, 2014, 3:53 am 

Great. :thumbs: Rapunzelina (our Dedicated Proof Listener) will listen to it when she has time and she'll give you feedback.

Post Posted:: June 29th, 2014, 6:35 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

eagee wrote:
Ok, this is my recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/delugevol1_15_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3

Congratulations on your first Librivox recording! :clap: :clap:
You have a nice reading pace and a cute voice, pleasant to listen to! Your exotic accent sometimes has the tendency to skip final consonants - or so it sounded to me in a few cases. I am also not a native English speaker and I was once advised to try and get the consonants across clearly; I think that's a good suggestion overall ;)

Technically, tech specs are correct. :thumbs: The volume is a bit uneven. It starts somewhat low and progressively gets louder. To even it up a little you can try to amplify the first third by 3dBs and de-amplify the last third by 2dBs. You can also shorten the beginning silence to up to 1 second.
If you need any help or have questions about editing, please ask! Or just reupload your section with the volume levelled a bit and the beginning silence shortened.

I hope you enjoyed the experience! I look forward to listening to more of your reading :D

Post Posted:: June 30th, 2014, 5:06 am 

Rapunzelina wrote:
eagee wrote:

Congratulations on your first Librivox recording! :clap: :clap:
You have a nice reading pace and a cute voice, pleasant to listen to! Your exotic accent sometimes has the tendency to skip final consonants - or so it sounded to me in a few cases. I am also not a native English speaker and I was once advised to try and get the consonants across clearly; I think that's a good suggestion overall ;)

Technically, tech specs are correct. :thumbs: The volume is a bit uneven. It starts somewhat low and progressively gets louder. To even it up a little you can try to amplify the first third by 3dBs and de-amplify the last third by 2dBs. You can also shorten the beginning silence to up to 1 second.
If you need any help or have questions about editing, please ask! Or just reupload your section with the volume levelled a bit and the beginning silence shortened.

I hope you enjoyed the experience! I look forward to listening to more of your reading :D

Thanks for your advice, I'll pay more attention to the final consonants in the future. I've made the changes you requested to my recording and reuploaded it. I hope it's all right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next