[COMPLETE] The Deluge (vol. 1)/Henryk Sienkiewicz-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I've increased the end-silence as you mentioned
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Oh, OK. I forgot about that. I thought it had been PL OK the first time.

Great. I'll listen to the sections soon :)
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Well, not so "soon" I'm afraid. Sorry about that :roll:
Anyway, both sections are PL OK. Good job with pronunciation :thumbs:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thanks Piotr!! :D

('soon' is always relative; no worries, this was 'soon enough' :mrgreen: )
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I'm feeling brave today, so I'd like to take a run at sections 8 & 9 if I could.

Thanks!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Great :thumbs: You're in.
varangian

Post by varangian »

Hi Piotrek,

then I would try my hand at section 10 if I may.

Thanks in advance for any patience that might be required in advising me.
I will study the recording guidelines and just hand in my attempt.

Best,
Fabian
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi varangian.
I'll put your claim in the MW, just tell me how you want to be credited. It can be your username, real name or something else entirely. Also, do you want me to add some link (e.g. personal blog) so that it is displayed on your catalogue page?
Also, please wait with the actual recording until your test is OKed.
eagee

Post by eagee »

Hi. I'm new here and haven't done any recordings yet, but being Polish I would like to take part in reading "The Deluge". Could you give me a chance to read Chapter XII? If you do, I want to ask if I should pronounce Polish names as written or "the Polish way"?
And I've seen you can choose how you want to be credited if you are to read something. In my case you can just use my username.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Hi. It's great to see another Pole here :D
I'll be happy to assign you the chapter you want but first I'd strongly encourage you to record and submit what we call "1-minute-test" (you can find details about how to record and submit it in the wiki just above the board). This is not an audition, it's just to check if your recording equipment and software is OK. Once the test is OKed, you can start recording knowing that your file won't be spoilt by any nasty surprise.
Also, you can choose to have a link to your personal blog (if you have it) or other non-commercial site to be associated with your catalogue name if you want. If you want that, give me a link :)

As for names, I read them the Polish way because I'm Polish and reading them in a different way wouldn't have sounded right to me ;) You can choose whichever method you prefer, though.
eagee

Post by eagee »

Thanks. I'll do the test. I will also pronounce names the Polish way. I hope I'll be a good reader :)
eagee

Post by eagee »

Ok, this is my recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/delugevol1_15_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Duration: 30:50
I hope you'll like it :wink:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Great. :thumbs: Rapunzelina (our Dedicated Proof Listener) will listen to it when she has time and she'll give you feedback.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

eagee wrote:Ok, this is my recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/delugevol1_15_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Congratulations on your first Librivox recording! :clap: :clap:
You have a nice reading pace and a cute voice, pleasant to listen to! Your exotic accent sometimes has the tendency to skip final consonants - or so it sounded to me in a few cases. I am also not a native English speaker and I was once advised to try and get the consonants across clearly; I think that's a good suggestion overall ;)

Technically, tech specs are correct. :thumbs: The volume is a bit uneven. It starts somewhat low and progressively gets louder. To even it up a little you can try to amplify the first third by 3dBs and de-amplify the last third by 2dBs. You can also shorten the beginning silence to up to 1 second.
If you need any help or have questions about editing, please ask! Or just reupload your section with the volume levelled a bit and the beginning silence shortened.

I hope you enjoyed the experience! I look forward to listening to more of your reading :D
eagee

Post by eagee »

Rapunzelina wrote:
eagee wrote:Ok, this is my recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/delugevol1_15_sienkiewicz_128kb.mp3
Congratulations on your first Librivox recording! :clap: :clap:
You have a nice reading pace and a cute voice, pleasant to listen to! Your exotic accent sometimes has the tendency to skip final consonants - or so it sounded to me in a few cases. I am also not a native English speaker and I was once advised to try and get the consonants across clearly; I think that's a good suggestion overall ;)

Technically, tech specs are correct. :thumbs: The volume is a bit uneven. It starts somewhat low and progressively gets louder. To even it up a little you can try to amplify the first third by 3dBs and de-amplify the last third by 2dBs. You can also shorten the beginning silence to up to 1 second.
If you need any help or have questions about editing, please ask! Or just reupload your section with the volume levelled a bit and the beginning silence shortened.

I hope you enjoyed the experience! I look forward to listening to more of your reading :D
Thanks for your advice, I'll pay more attention to the final consonants in the future. I've made the changes you requested to my recording and reuploaded it. I hope it's all right now.