COMPLETE [SCIFI] The Mummy! a tale of the 22nd century-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks for updating them, Arnie! Sorry for the trouble.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Hello guys. I am terrible at doing voices/characters, especially female ones and most especially little girls. :)

Here is section 16:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_16_loudon.mp3

Duration (36:10)

And for fun, I've been playing around with the pitch and echo effects in audacity and I think I've come up with a deep, hollow, demonic sounding voice for the mummy,

Here is the other version of section 16 with the mummy voice:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/xx/mummy_16a_loudon.mp3

Please listen from (20:31 - 21:24) and (30:52 - end) let me know what you think and which version you prefer we use.

I'll take section 22.
Thanks. :mrgreen:
SallyJay

Post by SallyJay »

chapter 8 volume 2 completed:

(Duration 21:31)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_8_loudon.mp3
SallyJay

Post by SallyJay »

alg1001 what does this mean?? 31:06 PL Needed Page 226 OK

It is what is posted in the magic window for chapter 3 vol. 1 Im not familiar yet with all the lingo- is it missing a part??

just checking- thanks!

Sallyjay
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Sally, I think the file name should read 20 instead of 8. The section number. :mrgreen:

i.e. "mummy_20_loudon.mp3"

If you had named the file "mummy_08_loudon.mp3", you would have overwritten chapter 8 of volume 1. :shock: :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Arnieh wrote:Hello guys. I am terrible at doing voices/characters, especially female ones and most especially little girls. :)

Here is section 16:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_16_loudon.mp3

And for fun, I've been playing around with the pitch and echo effects in audacity and I think I've come up with a deep, hollow, demonic sounding voice for the mummy,

Here is the other version of section 16 with the mummy voice:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/xx/mummy_16a_loudon.mp3

Please listen from (20:31 - 21:24) and (30:52 - end) let me know what you think and which version you prefer we use.

I'll take section 22.
I kind of like the ones with the altered voices. Let's see what Piotrek and the others think.

22 is yours. Thanks! :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Arnieh wrote:Sally, I think the file name should read 20 instead of 8. The section number. :mrgreen:

i.e. "mummy_20_loudon.mp3"

If you had named the file "mummy_08_loudon.mp3", you would have overwritten chapter 8 of volume 1. :shock: :)

Good catch, Arnie! Thanks
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

SallyJay wrote:alg1001 what does this mean?? 31:06 PL Needed Page 226 OK

It is what is posted in the magic window for chapter 3 vol. 1 Im not familiar yet with all the lingo- is it missing a part??

just checking- thanks!

Sallyjay
Okay. PL Needed means it is awaiting proof listening. I have the page numbers there for the proof listeners reference. PL OK means it needs no corrections. PL notes means that changes are needed and you can find the post detailing them on that page.
I took a look at your files and there are still some issues.
Please read the first post.
File 03 is in stereo. Can you please put it in mono?
File 10 is at 192 kbps. The files need to be at 128.
All files need to be:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

Your ID tags should be:
Title: ## - [Section title] example: 10- Chapter 10 Volume 1
Artist: Jane Loudon
Album: The Mummy!: A Tale of the 22nd Century

Your file for section 20 needs to be named mummy_20_loudon
And file name reminder:
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
mummy_##_loudon.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. mummy_01_loudon.mp3)

So please make sure all three of your files comply with these requirements and re-upload. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon. Again please read the first post, and I encourage you to look at the Newbie Guide to Recording that is linked there.
Good luck,
Amy
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

alg1001 wrote:I kind of like the ones with the altered voices. Let's see what Piotrek and the others think.22 is yours. Thanks! :D
If people like the Mummy voice, we can do more of it. :thumbs:
Umm, you haven't assigned section 22 to me yet. :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

My bad. You have it now.
Thanks! :D
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

Here is section 22:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_22_loudon.mp3

Duration (24:38)

I will take section 24.

Thanks.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapters 16 and 22 are PL OK :thumbs:
The mummy's voice sounds suitably spooky and otherwordly 8-) I'd say it can stay. The only problem I had with it was that at times I couldn't understand the words. But then I'm not a native speaker so my listening comprehension is lower than that of you or Amy.

Techsavvvy, I'm afraid you've recorded the wrong chapter. What you recorded is the last chapter of volume 1 Please notice that each volume has its own link in the opening post.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Piotrek! :D

I will clear out tekksavvy's file until the new one for the right chapter comes in.

Arnie, maybe read the part slower when you do your voices or use less of the effect if you can to the recordings you haven't done yet more understandable?

Thanks again Piotrek
Amy
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

It was the effects that were problematic so maybe "de-spookify" them just a tiny bit :lol:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Arnieh

Post by Arnieh »

The URL for section 22 is not in the MW yet and the file seems to have disappeared. I'm re-uploading. No mummy dialogue in section 22:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/alg/mummy_22_loudon.mp3

Piotrek and Amy:

So do you guys want to use the mummy voice (section 16a) as is (if so I will rename and re-upload), or do you want me to go in and raise the pitch a bit higher to make it a little more understandable?

Not much trouble to do. I am also willing to edit any of the other reader's files with the mummy voice (that have dialogue for the mummy). Let me know.

I am going to hold off on submitting new sections(24) to let Piotrek catch up and to see if any mummy voices need to be done.