COMPLETE: Mutiny of the Bounty [and other narratives] - law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
johng

Post by johng »

The Mutiny of the Bounty [abridged from W. Bligh's Narrative] and other narratives by William Bligh (1754 - 1817) .

This project is complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/the-mutiny-of-the-bounty-and-other-narratives-by-william-bligh/

In Bligh's own words, we hear about the lead-up to the famous mutiny and what happened afterwards with the mutineers and the castaways. This work contains two additional narratives: Life of a Sailor Boy and The Sunken Treasure (Summary by John Greenman)
  • Target completion date: 2013-May-30
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://books.google.com/books?id=uokDAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project:
    adventure, biography, history, sea-stories, short-stories, travel, war-stories

Keywords that describe the book:
    Mutiny; Bligh; Pitcairn;
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Mutiny of the Bounty [abridged from W. Bligh's Narrative] and other narratives . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Mutiny of the Bounty and other narratives , by William Bligh . [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Mutiny of the Bounty and other narratives. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Mutiny of the Bounty [abridged from W. Bligh's Narrative] and other narratives , by William Bligh . "
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    mutinyofthebounty_##_bligh.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. mutinyofthebounty_01_bligh.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: William Bligh
    Album: The Mutiny of the Bounty and Other Narratives

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: law - chocoholic
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by johng on May 11th, 2013, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
johng

Post by johng »

the line up for this work will be as follows:

The Mutiny of the Bounty
1) Chapter I - The Voyage- Otaheite
2) Chapter II - Mutiny in the Ship
3) Chapter III - Fate of the Castaways
4) Chapter IV - Fate of the Mutineers - Colony of Pitcairn’s Island

Life of a Sailor Boy
5) Chapter I - On Board a War-Ship
6) Chapter II - Flogging - A Foreign Cruise
7) Chapter III - Captured by an American Vessel - The Horrors of War
8) Chapter IV - Sailor-life in the American Service
9) Chapter V - Falls into English Hands
10) Chapter VI - Leaves the Service - Some Eminent Seamen

11) The Sunken Treasure
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Yes, please, let me DPL! :)

Regards Kathrine
Kathrine
johng

Post by johng »

kathrinee wrote:Yes, please, let me DPL! :)

Regards Kathrine
Thanks Kathrine!!!
It'll be a pleasure to take your corrections!
:-)

just waiting for a project MC and I'll get going!
Should be fun!!

-j
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Google won't allow me to see the text. Just checking that Kathrine in Norway can see it :).

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
johng

Post by johng »

RuthieG wrote:Google won't allow me to see the text. Just checking that Kathrine in Norway can see it :).

Ruth
Let me know...if not...I'll search out another source...or even send a PDF of what I CAN open! Strange
:-(
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Oh no! Ruth, it's good of you to check.. I can't access the text (argh!!).. "not available in your country" .. argh! I'm afraid I won't be able to listen, then, 'till its finished and published.

Good luck!
Kathrine
johng

Post by johng »

kathrinee wrote:Oh no! Ruth, it's good of you to check.. I can't access the text (argh!!).. "not available in your country" .. argh! I'm afraid I won't be able to listen, then, 'till its finished and published.

Good luck!
OK....
Perhaps someone else will come forward who has access to this....otherwise, I can probably send it as a PDF...we'll see what happens...
Meanwhile, I'll post a request for a PL.

Thanks Kathrine!!!
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

I'm sorry John,
I can't do this one, for I cannot reach the e-text either.

I am available to do another Mark Twain-project, but I leave this one for an American MC.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
johng

Post by johng »

bart wrote:I'm sorry John,
I can't do this one, for I cannot reach the e-text either.

I am available to do another Mark Twain-project, but I leave this one for an American MC.

Bart
Bummer! I should have thought of that.
Ah we'll...
Thanks for being available!
:-)
-j
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Standard PL'ing doesn't require reading along with the text (just pointing out)...

I can MC, John. I don't have time to check at the moment, but you might have quick look on Archive (search under Texts) to see if anyone's uploaded it there already. Archive texts aren't Google-searchable but very often Google books are available there as well, and they aren't blocked in other countries like the Google ones are.

Also we can double check author death dates, but I doubt this book is actually under copyright in Europe, in which case there would be no problem in one of us sending Kathrine the PDF.

edit: No, no editor/abridger noted in the text, so it's definitely PD in Europe. Google Books blocks all access there regardless of the actual copyright status of the book.
Laurie Anne
johng

Post by johng »

chocoholic wrote:Standard PL'ing doesn't require reading along with the text (just pointing out)...

I can MC, John. I don't have time to check at the moment, but you might have quick look on Archive (search under Texts) to see if anyone's uploaded it there already. Archive texts aren't Google-searchable but very often Google books are available there as well, and they aren't blocked in other countries like the Google ones are.

Also we can double check author death dates, but I doubt this book is actually under copyright in Europe, in which case there would be no problem in one of us sending Kathrine the PDF.

edit: No, no editor/abridger noted in the text, so it's definitely PD in Europe. Google Books blocks all access there regardless of the actual copyright status of the book.
Thanks Laurie Anne...but I couldn't find it on Archive.org/ text...although there are a TON of other versions, but just not of this particular one.
I'm going to try getting it into PDF form and then seeing about getting out to either Kathrine or someone else.

-j
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You can DL the PDF straight from Google Books, then attach it to an email OR you can zip it into a zip file and upload it to the LV Uploader. Been there done that :)

I'll be happy to do this later if you and Kathrine would like me to.
Laurie Anne
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

johng wrote: I'm going to try getting it into PDF form and then seeing about getting out to either Kathrine or someone else.

-j
Yes, me, me! (lol, now I felt really annoying)

Good point about not really *needing* the text as a DPL, chocoholic - still I'd love a PDF file :)

Regards Kathrine
Kathrine
johng

Post by johng »

kathrinee wrote:
johng wrote: I'm going to try getting it into PDF form and then seeing about getting out to either Kathrine or someone else.

-j
Yes, me, me! (lol, now I felt really annoying)

Good point about not really *needing* the text as a DPL, chocoholic - still I'd love a PDF file :)

Regards Kathrine
Thank you both!!
I will try to do that sometime...doesn't sound too hard...but, if you could do it this time!! That would be wonderful

Thanks!!

We're off and running!

-j
The Trouble is,
you think you have Time.
-Buddha