[COMPLETE]Peregrine Pickle Volume II -Smollett-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sections 54-59 are done and so the novel. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:42 amHey guys! I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to relinquish my PL duties for this project since school has started and I am very busy!
Hello Jim and Anne :)

I see you have lost your DPL, and there is some backlog, so if you don't mind, I'll take over PL duties from now on. Let's get this project finished. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I listened to the first three sections (50,51,52) and I must say, coming in that late into the story, the plot is very confusing to me :lol: but nevertheless, the reading was excellent and flawless. :thumbs:

50 and 52 are absolutely PL ok.

For 51 I have a small note, maybe even optional:

> at 0:13: in the other two sections you repeat the “title” before you launch in the story, here “Chapter 98 Part 5” is missing, not sure how accurate you want to be here each time.

Will listen to some more this afternoon

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Sonia
It's great to see this moving so fast, it's been a long time in the process.

Anne
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

annise wrote: September 24th, 2019, 2:56 am It's great to see this moving so fast, it's been a long time in the process.
:shock: oh yes, now I see it's started in 2013 !!! Wow, this was indeed an Odyssee :lol:

Well, I am confident that I can PL the remaining sections today. Already I had a listen to 53-56 and all 4 are PL ok. :thumbs: And now I am curious whether Emilia will marry at the end. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaaand it's done !!!!! the last three sections are also PL ok.

Their final impatience and hurry for the wedding night was almost indecently hasty :lol: Well it was a happy ending all around. I don't know much what the story was about but the ending was funny and pleasing, so all is well.

I suppose you don't need the final empty sections anymore.

Glad I was of help. Only this one section missing the title, and then we're ready for catalogue !

Great feat, Jim :thumbs:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

You are amazing! Thanks so much. I thought I had gotten in touch with Anne, but I suspect now that I may have fumbled on that because I didn't hear back. I thought about asking you for advice, but I knew if I did that, you would immediately fix the problem yourself and you already have more than enough to do so I didn't. I also don't know how to create a tilda to indicate the need for a DPL--my DPL as you may have noticed had to quit because of school. I have fixed Section 51 and of course again am in your debt. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 24th, 2019, 6:54 amI thought about asking you for advice, but I knew if I did that, you would immediately fix the problem yourself and you already have more than enough to do so I didn't.
fix what problem ? :hmm:
I also don't know how to create a tilda to indicate the need for a DPL
I think if you push the edit button on your first post you can also change the title. But just a tilde in a solo project may not be very visible, so it's best to advertise with a new thread in the Listeners Wanted subforum (where all the one-minute-tests are) You can see the first 10 posts which are stickied, that's what the advertisment should look like.

But as you can see...I found you, you cannot hide that easily from me :lol: Well, I had a bit of time and was looking around for a project to help out with and so I found you.
--my DPL as you may have noticed had to quit because of school.
I know, Elsie PMed me already for other projects where I'm helping her out currently. Of course school is a priority now.
I have fixed Section 51
and it's PL ok and that means the project can get archived !!!!! After 6 years in the making 8-)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Fixing the problem was getting to where we are today, which is where we can say we are done! We did it! And the we I am referring to is you and I (with the help of those who came before, of course). Jim :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm working on it - it always takes a little longer to catalogue long-running projects with different readers and different MC's but it will happen.

Anne
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Anne. No anxieties here. Jim :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well I didn't expect it to take quite so long but finally it is all done. There are always some problems when using files that have been sitting round so long all the present files were great, as were the old ones , it's just that the systems have changed :D This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalogue page: https://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-peregrine-pickle-volume-ii-by-tobias-smollett/

Thank you everyone , it's great to have this in the catalogue. :D :D :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :9: :9:

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, there is no description on the catalog page, nor genres... and not at Archive, either. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart