COMPLETE How to Succeed by OS Marden - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mrwemmick

Post by mrwemmick »

Carolin/rapunzelina

Here is chapter 14:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/howtosucceed_14_marden.mp3

Duration 19:50

Well that chapter certainly defined the holistic view of courage; it should certainly allay the fears of any self doubter. :mrgreen:
Great stuff!! :

Peter
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I agree, Peter! Great stuff! (and PL OK :wink: )
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you both :D
Carolin
LCanter

Post by LCanter »

Here is chapter 9:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/howtosucceed_09_marden.mp3

Duration: 18:09.

I really enjoyed reading this, but I had to go back and read some sections again because my recording seemed to have become corrupted. I don't know if this is a common problem, but a huge spike appeared on the recording, and it rammed into miliseconds whole minutes of recording. So listening to it, there would suddenly be a burst of loud noise, and the recording would continue several paragraphs further on. Anyone have any idea what might have caused that?
'Never Rail nor Taunt. The one is Rude, the other Scornful, and both Evil.' William Penn

My catalogue page
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I haven't encountered this problem with huge spikes and missing recordings; I don't know what that might be :hmm:
I hope it does not happen again. You could ask about it in the Need Help? Got Advice? forum.

In this recording, there are a few gaps with silences. Maybe there was an error during saving/exporting, that can be fixed by re-exporting?
The gaps occur at:
04:34 - 04:45 stops at "to new Americas,", restarts at "singleness of aim did Lincoln in the cabinet,"
07:32 - 07:44 stops at "suspected of being fraudulently", restarts at " he discovered the method of"
08:31 - 08:43 stops at "Mahomet, who, in a few years", restarts at "was found an overmatch for a"
08:55 - 09:07 stops at "They were temperance troops.", restarts at "sword. Horace Vernet's enthusiasm"
09:55 - 10:07 stops at "Beecher was a very dull boy and was the last member of", restarts at "who have fallen into oblivion."
13:29 - 13:40 stops at "and heard a faint", restarts at "That's the whole story."
14:16 - 14:28 stops at "surface of the wax. 'Spezia,'", restarts at "was comical in the extreme."
17:14 - 17:26 stops at "their own lives in their manuscripts,", restarts at "into the blood. The real heaven"
LCanter

Post by LCanter »

Rapunzelina,

I'm sorry about that. These errors look like they might be linked to the spikes I experienced in actually recording. I'll look into it, and see if I can get some answers on the right forum.

However, I've managed, I think, to patch up the holes with a new export. Should I re-upload using the same file name?
'Never Rail nor Taunt. The one is Rude, the other Scornful, and both Evil.' William Penn

My catalogue page
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you guys. yes, please upload with the same file name :)

i hope someone has a hint for you as to what might cause these spikes. i have not come across something like that before..
Carolin
LCanter

Post by LCanter »

OK. Here's the newly uploaded link:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/howtosucceed_09_marden.mp3

Still the same duration, and I've eliminated the gaps. Hopefully that's a vast improvement.

My catalogue page
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

That's great! File checked and OK!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

:clap:

the summary is still missing. looks like the bc needs a little nudge here ;)
Carolin
cameronjdavis

Post by cameronjdavis »

cameronjdavis

Post by cameronjdavis »

I updated chapter 14 as I had forgotten to put in the chapter ending message. It is reuploaded at.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ck/howtosucceed_14_marden.mp3

Duration is 22:45.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi cameron, i am sorry, but i had orphaned your claim after not hearing from you for two months. another reader was so kind as to record the section. also, i have just finished cataloging the book.

we will not be able to use your recording, i am sorry.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on the catalog page for this project: http://librivox.org/how-to-succeed-by-orison-swett-marden/

great job, everyone :thumbs:
Carolin