[COMPLETE] Children's Short Works Coll Vol. 018 - avs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aravis

Post by aravis » February 27th, 2013, 12:02 pm

The Tale of Peter Rabbit is PL:OK!!! :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)

olenka

Post by olenka » February 27th, 2013, 4:29 pm

Thanks! :clap: thats great, I was expecting you to come back with some changes I had to make or some sound adjustments. I think I will do some more now! :D

Olenka

aravis

Post by aravis » February 28th, 2013, 12:21 pm

The Cat and the Mouse: the volume is fine now. Only there is now quite a lot of background noise... it probably got amplified along with the rest of the recording. It would be great if you could do some noisecleaning. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noisecleaning_With_Pics
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)

francesb

Post by francesb » March 12th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Hello! I don't know if the link works...I tested it and it didn't but it could just be something with my computer. :D

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/childrensshortworks018_taleofsamuelwhiskers_fb.mp3
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green

aravis

Post by aravis » March 13th, 2013, 11:24 am

Hi Frances!

The links doesn't work for me either. Could you please re-upload your recording?

Please also post the following information:
• The link you copied from the uploader to your file
• Name of your story
• Author (birth year - death year)
• Translator if applicable (birth year - death year)
• Source from which you read (i.e. Gutenberg etext url)
• Length in minutes and size in MB of your file
• If this is your first Librivox recording, I will also need your name as you would like it to appear on the catalogue page and the URL of your homepage if you have one and would like it linked to your name on the catalogue page.
Elli

francesb

Post by francesb » March 13th, 2013, 3:58 pm

The Tale of Samuel Whiskers by Beatrix Potter 1866-1943
Gutenberg etext file
Length: 16:30
15.8 MB

My catalogue page: https://catalog.librivox.org/people_public.php?peopleid=8009

Link to story: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/childrensshortworks018taleofsamuelwhiskersfb.mp3
Frances Brown
“Maybe our favorite quotations say more about us than about the stories and people we're quoting" -John Green

aravis

Post by aravis » March 14th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Hi Frances!

Thanks a lot! :D

Could you please also post the link to the gutenberg etext you read from?
Elli

francesb

Post by francesb » March 14th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Frances Brown

aravis

Post by aravis » March 15th, 2013, 8:31 am

Thanks a lot, Frances! :D
Elli

aravis

Post by aravis » March 18th, 2013, 1:18 pm

The Tale of Samuel Whiskers: all tech. settings are fine. The volume is almost too loud. (95 dB) For future recordings don't let it get any lourder.
There are just a few things that need to be fixed:

The silence at the beginning is a little too long. It should be 0,5-1 sec.

3:30 stumble
They even fetched a candle, and looked inside a clothes chest in one of the attics.

8:10 stumble
He scrambled up and up; but before he reached the chimney top he came to a place where somebody had loosened a stone in the wall. There were some mutton bones lying about—

10:50 stumble
He pushed it in front of him with his paws, like a brewer's man trundling a barrel.

12:45 stumble
"I do not think"—said Samuel Whiskers, pausing to take a look at Tom Kitten

14:30 stumble
John Joiner smelt the pudding; but he regretted that he had not time to stay to dinner, because he had just finished making a wheel-barrow for Miss Potter, and she had ordered two hen-coops.

The silence at the end should be 5 secs.

When you re-upload your recording please use the following filename: childrensshortworks018_taleofsamuelwhiskers_fb (there should be underscores in the filename)
Elli

maryagneskatherine

Post by maryagneskatherine » April 3rd, 2013, 8:28 am

I found this section of the Potter book. May I read it? The Pie and the Patty-Pan
***** This file should be named 15234-h.htm or 15234-h.zip *****
This and all associated files of various formats will be found in:
http://www.gutenberg.net/1/5/2/3/15234/
I'm 75 years old and used to have all these books. Whatever happens to all those wonderful editions?
maryagneskatherine
maryagneskatherine
Walter Cronkite was supposed to have said, "Practice the words to restore the fun, chase the worry and make things good again."

aravis

Post by aravis » April 3rd, 2013, 11:09 am

Hi maryagneskatherine!

Yes, The Pie and the Patty-Pan is in the public domain. Have fun reading! :D

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15234
Elli

maryagneskatherine

Post by maryagneskatherine » April 6th, 2013, 10:47 pm

I recorded The Tale of the Pie and the Patty-Pan by Beatrix Potter (1866-1943), read from the gtenberg etext. I tried to put it in the checker with the file name childrensshortworks018_thepienadthepattypan_mak.mp3 The checker said it wasn't the correct name or couldn't recognize it to check. Did I type the wrong file name?
Please advise me as to what I should do next.(I'll write down the time, too.)
maryagneskatherine
Walter Cronkite was supposed to have said, "Practice the words to restore the fun, chase the worry and make things good again."

aravis

Post by aravis » April 7th, 2013, 9:52 am

Hi maryagneskatherine!

The filename looks fine to me. All you need to do is drag and drop the file into the checker. Here is a good video on how to use the checker programm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkhk0megqHE&feature=youtu.be

Did you upload your file? I just had a quick look, but can't find it anywhere.
Elli

mlcui

Post by mlcui » April 7th, 2013, 9:54 am

Hello everyone!
May I claim section 12?
Actually, I recorded one in advance.

• The link you copied from the uploader to your file: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/avs/childrensshortworks018_wonderfulstory_mc.mp3
• Name of your story: A Wonderful Story
• Author (birth year - death year): Anonymous
• Translator if applicable (birth year - death year): Maive Stokes (I don't know her birth-death year)
• Source from which you read (i.e. Gutenberg etext url) : http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/31209
• Length in minutes and size in MB of your file: 12m 11s, 11.1 MB
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus