COMPLETE: The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle by Hugh Lofting

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Chanelson

Post by Chanelson »

I'd love to finish this up for you! Sections 52 and 53 I believe.
Thanks!
tjm1983

Post by tjm1983 »

Chanelson wrote:I'd love to finish this up for you! Sections 52 and 53 I believe.
Thanks!
Be careful: no-one's put it in the magic window yet, but I think those are the sections that MkyMous and winahath have claimed earlier in this thread.

Tim
<><
metal.lunchbox

Post by metal.lunchbox »

I should mention that there are many files at the uploader that didn't work and were later replaced with working files. Many of us have experienced errors while we were uploading and then reuploaded. I was not able to delete the bad files. Just be aware.

MkyMous - assigned section 52
Winahath - assigned section 53

That completes assigning readers. Theres a few sections that seem to have been abandoned. I'll be reposting concerning those. That's for those of you who still want to do some reading on this project, like Chanelson. Keep your eyes peeled
James | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/JamesSmith]LV Wiki Page[/url] | "Tout et n'importe quoi mais surtout n'importe quoi" - Basile
kri

Post by kri »

metal.lunchbox wrote:I should mention that there are many files at the uploader that didn't work and were later replaced with working files. Many of us have experienced errors while we were uploading and then reuploaded. I was not able to delete the bad files. Just be aware.
What needs to be deleted so it can be re-uploaded??
metal.lunchbox

Post by metal.lunchbox »

Of the 9 sections now pending here's the story:

Section 4 - Orphaned. Now available!
Section 5 - Waiting
Section 16 & 17 - Waiting
Section 28 & 29 - On their way
Section 39 - On the way
Section 52 & 53 - Just assigned

Concerning the Uploader, all of the relevant files have already been uplaoded and a link to the proper file has been posted in the magic window. Some duplicates may remain from that process. Just don't get confused by them when cataloging. The difference is file size, the bigger file is the complete one.
James | [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/JamesSmith]LV Wiki Page[/url] | "Tout et n'importe quoi mais surtout n'importe quoi" - Basile
kri

Post by kri »

metal.lunchbox wrote:Of the 9 sections now pending here's the story:

Section 4 - Orphaned. Now available!
Section 5 - Waiting
Section 16 & 17 - Waiting
Section 28 & 29 - On their way
Section 39 - On the way
Section 52 & 53 - Just assigned

Concerning the Uploader, all of the relevant files have already been uplaoded and a link to the proper file has been posted in the magic window. Some duplicates may remain from that process. Just don't get confused by them when cataloging. The difference is file size, the bigger file is the complete one.
Alright, well I'll use the Listen! links while cataloging, so it'll all work out :)
Momerath

Post by Momerath »

Uploaded 28 and 29
28: 6 min 51.05 sec
29: 3 min 57.76 sec
nomenphile

Post by nomenphile »

I listened to the prolog and it sounds good.
Nomenphile
a.k.a. "The Hungry Ear"
Nothlit

Post by Nothlit »

It appears Section 04 is still available. I'd like to claim this. I haven't done any LibriVox work before, but for what it's worth I do have some experience in both broadcast radio and amateur radio, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I'm actually kind of surprised this chapter is still an orphan -- maybe nobody felt like attempting to pronounce "hippocampus pippitopitus"? :)

It'll probably take me a couple of days to finish this, since I'm waiting on a new microphone to arrive in the mail. 8)
Rainbow

Post by Rainbow »

Welcome Nothlit! It's always nice to have some fresh blood around here. :)

I'll leave it up to metal.lunchbox to confirm Chapter 4, but in the meantime, be sure to check out theNewbie Guide to Recording.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
smartin

Post by smartin »

Paul,

Sorry, just read your comments - thanks for the honest feedback!

You said "Section 44: Part 5, Chapter 1 - A GREAT MOMENT

At 3:41, you read "John Doolittle, M.D. of Puddle-ee-bye on the Marsh...". Most readers I've listened to so far have prounced Puddleby as "PUDDLE-bee". This would fall outside of Standard Proof-listening, but since you asked for comments... "

Did you want me to redo that sentence? I keep the files on my computer and will be glad to correct it if needed.

Sandra
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

smartin wrote:Paul,

Sorry, just read your comments - thanks for the honest feedback!

You said "Section 44: Part 5, Chapter 1 - A GREAT MOMENT

At 3:41, you read "John Doolittle, M.D. of Puddle-ee-bye on the Marsh...". Most readers I've listened to so far have prounced Puddleby as "PUDDLE-bee". This would fall outside of Standard Proof-listening, but since you asked for comments... "

Did you want me to redo that sentence? I keep the files on my computer and will be glad to correct it if needed.

Sandra
That's strictly up to you and the BC, James (metal.lunchbox). I was just pointing it out because you asked for comments. Had you not requested feedback, I'd have not even mentioned it. I'm fine with it either way.

The only reason to re-record it is so that it's consistent throughout the book. I'd suggest that if you're considering re-recoriding it, that you wait a bit, until I've listened to some more chapters. I'll let you know if I hear it that way (or any other way, for that matter) in other chapters, and then you can decide whether or not to re-record. Of course, if James or kri say "leave it as is" or "do it over", they're the bosses, I just listen here (and try real hard not to be too picky, being a just barely dry-behind-the-ears proofer -- yes kri, I'm learning )!

I do want to say that I enjoyed listening to your recordings, and I certainly hope that I get a chance to proof (or just listen to) more chapters of yours, or even a whole solo book.

Paul

P.S. I'm planning on concentrating on Dr Dolittle this week, so I should be able to let you know by Sunday 4/15 at the latest if I find any different pronumciations. P.
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
tis

Post by tis »

[img]http://goringe.net/images/chris.png[/img]
metal.lunchbox

Post by metal.lunchbox »

RE: section 4-
Nothlit - assigned Part 1 Chapter 4, If you have any questions feel free to ask by posting here or PMing me.

RE: Completed Sections-
Thanks to tis and Momerath we've only 6 sections pending before this one is in the bag.

RE: "PUDDLE-bee" -
I think its actually quite charming. I also favor the pronunciation PUDDLE-bee but since our man Dolittle is the only surviving resident of this fictitious location we'll have to leave the final word up to him. In other words, If you want to re-do it, that is no problem, but I think its catalog-able as is. I like consistency but a little variation is good too, especially as it doesn't affect the meaning of the passage. These little things are what I enjoy in collaborative projects.

RE: "Prologue...sounds good" -
Thanks
smartin

Post by smartin »

Paul,

Thanks for the comments. I hope I'll be doing a lot more for LibriVox that you can proof for me.

I'll hang out and wait for the "final" word on Puddle-Bee.

Sandra