This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/an-enemy-of-the-people-by-henrik-ibsen/
Volunteers outside the USA: R. Farquharson Sharp died in 1945. The author's work is still protected by copyright in places, like Europe, where copyright is author's death plus 70 years.
A small coastal town in Norway is experiencing an economic boom from its newly found hot springs. When Dr. Thomas Stockmann finds that the waters are contaminated and dangerous, the people refuse to accept his statement, and Dr. Stockmann's friends turn against him. (Summary by Libby Gohn)
- Is there a deadline?
We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.
Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
- How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
To find a role to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which role you'd like to read. Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
- New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
- Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2446 If you are the Narrator or a Citizen, please read from the google documents in the magic window. Your lines have been highlighted.
- Please claim roles (the numbers in the first column below)! Please note: All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
BC Admin =======================================================
Genres for the project:
Keywords that describe the book/play:
Political drama; Norway;
- BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Submit one file per act.
- Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
[Role], read by [your name]. Please say your full character description as written in the Magic Window.
If you are reading stage directions, please include for each file:
At the beginning: Act [#] of An Enemy of the People , by Henrik Ibsen . Translated by R. Farquharson Sharp This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
At the end: End of Act [#]. At the end of the play, add End of An Enemy of the People , by Henrik Ibsen . Translated by R. Farquharson Sharp
Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
- AFTER recording:
Save files as 128 kbps MP3 enemyofthepeople_[role]_[#].mp3 (all lower-case), where # is the act number.
If you are a citizen, please you the form above for your character's individual lines. For the group lines (the ones in purple), use the form enemyofthepeople_citizens_[your initials]
ID3 V2 tags: Not needed for individual parts.
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
- You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: ek - gloriana
- When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: