[COMPLETE] The Children's Bible by Henry A Sherman - sj

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

When they are finished upgrading the system will we have to redo all the information in the MW that was put in after July 11?
If so, I have a notebok with all the information in it that I can use to add it all back in. It looks like we were on Chapter 68 on that day.
Ken :)
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Ken,
Lots of technical challenges, but you are doing great.
1. When you say "Chapter 201 had 3 copies of the URL", do you mean here: http://upload.librivox.org/uploads/sj/ ? That's my folder on the uploader. When you upload a new copy of a chapter, it will rename the old one. So if you look at the "Last Modified" column, you can see that childrensbible_195_sherman.mp3 is the most recent, and the others are your previous uploads. As long as you keep the file names the same, the listen links in the MW will still work because it's the old file that's getting renamed. Those old files (with the longer names) will still appear on my list until I have time to go through and clean up my folder.
2. Yes, the change-over is imminent (yay!) but there will be some work to do on the MW (boo!). You should be able to see both the old and new MW's at the same time, so it's just a matter of copying everything from the old to the new. There will detailed instructions in a PM that will be coming your way before too long. Read those over, and feel free to post or PM me if you have any problems.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

It was showing up in the MW when I went to re enter it. I had to erase everything in there to get them to go away but as long as it is working I am not going to do anything.
You know what they say," If it's not broke... don't fix it."
Someone suggested doing some Sci Fi. I put one on my Kindle but it seems to have very long chapters. Not like the one we are doing now. I don't know if I will do that or try to find another Bible Story book. Either way I am just going to record everything here locally and then wait for the okay to go forward so I won't have to redo much.
This project will take me some time to finish up when they give the okay.
Waiting...Waiting....Waiting......
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

The New MW is there. I could have put the information that is missing back into it but my password doesn't work anymore.
I will wait until I get some more information.
I have decided on Wee Ones' Bible Stories by Anonymous. It was published in 1903 and is in Gutenberg number 11241.
I figues I can do this one in 9 Chapters. That should be a lot easier than the last one.
ADDED: Just posted it in the Solo Launch pad so I guess I am committed to it now.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Ken,
I've just sent you a PM with all the info.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

Sarah. I just went there and got lost.. I think.
Couldn't sleep. Took out my notebook and am checking out how to do it. I made it past the password thingy.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

We have a problem.
Chapter 094 and Chapter 095 are reversed in the Magic Window. I may have pushed a button or something to reverse them. The data in the Chapters is right but they are just out of order.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Fixed now. In the new system, you can drag and drop sections if you want to rearrange them, so you may have done that by accident.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

I am entering data from my computer notebook so I make a lot of Boo boos.
I could not find the old data base so I am using my notes to reconsrtruct the times and things. I think we were finished PLing up to 207.
It is 2:22Am Sunday here. This was on my mind so i couldn't sleep.
Ken
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

I don't know how to find the old data base so after 207 I will just mark them PL Needed.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

It is 3:09 AM now.
I cannot seem to get the tab to change Cchapter 129 title. It reads Johm instead of John.
I finished the data Base and put PL OK up through Chqpter 207. After that it reads PL Needed. I think that is where we were.
Good night,
smijen

Post by smijen »

Typo in 129 fixed.

In the old MW, 207 is not marked as PL OK (we're only PL OK up to 206). Maybe Kim can confirm for us?

I think you should be able to see the old MW here: https://catalog.librivox.org/readers.php?ProjectID=7254&tableview=1
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

I will change 207 back to PL Needed.
I think we are all updated now.
Ken :D
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

Now I need a crew for my new Solo project. It is only 9 Chapters and the First one is around 8 minutes. It is sitting on the Launch Pad waiting for a crew to show up.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

New projects won't be picked up / started until the middle of next week. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine