[COMPLETE] Stories Every Child Should Know H. W. Mabie - ava

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
deongines

Post by deongines »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ava/famousstorieschild_34_mabie.mp3

Here is Chapter 34 The Nurnberg Stove Part 1. Duration 25:41
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
deongines

Post by deongines »

Could I record chapter 35, the Nurnberg Stove Part 2?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

deongines wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ava/famousstorieschild_34_mabie.mp3

Here is Chapter 34 The Nurnberg Stove Part 1. Duration 25:41
Thank you, and section 35 is yours :clap:

Lynne
CarrpeDiem89

Post by CarrpeDiem89 »

May I please claim section 8 - Undine?
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

CarrpeDiem89 wrote:May I please claim section 8 - Undine?

Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks, I've signed you up for section 08. Please read the first post of this thread carefully.
Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

It will be held for you for 2 months unless you relinquish it so there is plenty of time for you to do the 1 minute test (this is just to make sure your settings are right and the sound on your recordings will be up to standard - it sometimes takes a few tries to get things right the first time, but then subsequent recordings are a lot less fraught). The recommended text is only about 30 seconds long, so it might be better to try that than record the whole chapter and then have to re-record it with new settings (which can get frustrating). Please go to the wiki page to find out what to record for your 1-minute test, and how to upload the recording. In the LibriVox Uploader, please select 'tests - tests' from the MC drop-down, and then post your test recording in the Listeners Wanted forum, rather than in this thread - you'll get feedback more quickly there.

Any questions, just post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

Lynne
Last edited by Lynnet on December 8th, 2012, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freshface

Post by freshface »

Can i have section 14 please =)
yarnbeagle

Post by yarnbeagle »

Section 2- PL OK!
Section 3- Pauses from 2:37-2:44 and 9:40-9:42
Section 4- PL OK!

I enjoyed the voices you did. :)
Debbie
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

freshface wrote:Can i have section 14 please =)
Freshface, I have assigned section 14 to you. Welcome to the project :D
Lynne
deongines

Post by deongines »

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ava/famousstorieschild_35_mabie.mp3

Here is chapter 35 The Nurnberg Stove Section 2. Duration 24:52
deongines

Post by deongines »

Could I claim Chapters 36, 37, and 38 which are Parts 3, 4, and 5, the rest of The Nurnberg Stove?

Thanks Dr D.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

deongines wrote:Could I claim Chapters 36, 37, and 38 which are Parts 3, 4, and 5, the rest of The Nurnberg Stove?

Thanks Dr D.
Thank you, Dr.D., and I have assigned 36 - 38 to you :clap:
Lynne
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Dear Lynne,

As I was preparing to read my final section of "The King of the Golden River," I listened to my first four sections in that story in order. I noticed the following in my recordings:

1) Noticeable difference in volume. (In my general impatience and enthusiasm, I haven't been very serious in checking my volume with Checker. :oops: I understand now what a mistake that has been on my part.)

2) A few "swallowed" words which are not clear and distinct, probably fewer than 10 in all 4 recordings total.

Please let me know if you would prefer I re-edit, re-record, or leave them alone. I want to do well by this project, but I also don't want to burden our DPLer Debbie yarnbeagle unnecessarily with extra work, as she's already signed off on these (except for some long pauses to edit out in Section 3).

Thanks ~ Chessie Joy
(sorry to be trouble! :? )
~ Chessie Joy
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sonnethaiku wrote:Dear Lynne,

As I was preparing to read my final section of "The King of the Golden River," I listened to my first four sections in that story in order. I noticed the following in my recordings:

1) Noticeable difference in volume. (In my general impatience and enthusiasm, I haven't been very serious in checking my volume with Checker. :oops: I understand now what a mistake that has been on my part.)

2) A few "swallowed" words which are not clear and distinct, probably fewer than 10 in all 4 recordings total.

Please let me know if you would prefer I re-edit, re-record, or leave them alone. I want to do well by this project, but I also don't want to burden our DPLer Debbie yarnbeagle unnecessarily with extra work, as she's already signed off on these (except for some long pauses to edit out in Section 3).

Thanks ~ Chessie Joy
(sorry to be trouble! :? )

I would say as they are PL OK, you can leave them as is.... I haven't listened to them yet, but will do so. As for the swallowed words, I think we all do it... and tend to be hyper-critical of ourselves. The volume issue could be easily fixed. Can you run the files through checker? I think anywhere between 87 and 91 is considered acceptable. The problem when you start tinkering is that in fixing one thing, you might mess up something else :shock:
Lynne
Last edited by Lynnet on December 10th, 2012, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

I'll run the files through Checker (might not be for a few days) and standardize the volume, but otherwise leave them alone except for the edits Debbie has already requested.

Thank you!
~ Chessie Joy
deongines

Post by deongines »

Maybe I should know this, but I haven't heard of Checker before. What is it?