COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Pollyanna by Eleanor H. Porter - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

TriciaG wrote:Ummm, no "getting chapters to" anyone until there's an MC, please. :)
I assume Lani would've realized that when she tried to upload and found she had no MC to upload to. :wink:
She can have the text chapters and begin working on her recording before we have an MC though, right?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I don't see why not. The worst that can happen is the project is not actually started for some reason, so the work would go to waste. Chances of that are slim, though. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

True.

Do you have a bit of space left on your plate for one more project? :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Honestly, no, which is one reason I haven't taken it up. Ha ha!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

Hello Abigail! Are there any characters that I can read? Unless you'll allow cross-gender casting, I'd try Jimmy Bean then. I haven't really read Pollyanna yet so yeah, but I'd love to be part of this. :)
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
mmsmall

Post by mmsmall »

Ladies! Ladies! I knew we needed an MC - it's just that it's such a DELIGHTFUL project, I couldn't imagine it languishing for very long :wink: However, I understand how much of an undertaking the dramatic works are and the rules in place to keep the load on each MC to a *cough cough* more reasonable (you all are SO loaded and dedicated!) amount...anyway - I'm running off at the mouth as usual. I DO plan to have the lines ready and recorded and waiting until that blessed personage takes us on...worst case scenario - they'll go on hold ready for the project to be resurrected if it truly must go into mothballs. I'll have fun either way! Name of the game - right?! heheh

Never fear Tricia! I am truly not trying to stomp all over Librivox guidelines and regulations - though it may seem like it, since you've had to slap my hand several times since I joined :oops: . Just chalk it all up to my unencumbered enthusiasm and love of diving into worthy projects - head first! I really ONLY want to help.

:9:

Lani
Lani Small

"No matter how much the cats fight, there always seems to be plenty of kittens!"
- Abraham Lincoln

"Help! I'm talking and I can't shut up!"
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

elainesilva wrote:Hello Abigail! Are there any characters that I can read? Unless you'll allow cross-gender casting, I'd try Jimmy Bean then. I haven't really read Pollyanna yet so yeah, but I'd love to be part of this. :)
Hi elainesilva,

Thank you for being interested this project! Jimmy Bean is a young boy of about 11 years old... are there any young boys on LibriVox? I don't know. If you don't mind, I think I'd like to wait and see if we can catch one :)

I added more characters to my list in the beginning post of this project. Would you be interested in being the Housemaid?

Abigail
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

The Housemaid sounds fine. :)
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

elainesilva wrote:The Housemaid sounds fine. :)
Thank you very much! I feel bad for turning down your first offer.

I have a brother who might be interested in reading for Jimmy Bean. I'd be managing his LibriVox account for him. Is that okay, Tricia? (I know you're following this thread :))
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

mmsmall wrote:Ladies! Ladies! I knew we needed an MC - it's just that it's such a DELIGHTFUL project, I couldn't imagine it languishing for very long :wink: However, I understand how much of an undertaking the dramatic works are and the rules in place to keep the load on each MC to a *cough cough* more reasonable (you all are SO loaded and dedicated!) amount...anyway - I'm running off at the mouth as usual. I DO plan to have the lines ready and recorded and waiting until that blessed personage takes us on...worst case scenario - they'll go on hold ready for the project to be resurrected if it truly must go into mothballs. I'll have fun either way! Name of the game - right?! heheh

Never fear Tricia! I am truly not trying to stomp all over Librivox guidelines and regulations - though it may seem like it, since you've had to slap my hand several times since I joined :oops: . Just chalk it all up to my unencumbered enthusiasm and love of diving into worthy projects - head first! I really ONLY want to help.

:9:

Lani
I love this enthusiastic ramble, Lani! :D
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Abigail,
I can not help you this time, but I am so glad you are doing this project. And you seem to have a wonderful cast. Are you going to be aunt Polly?
Anyway, your brother can have a librivox acount. However, I think your parents would need to wright to the edmens that they know that the recordings are put in the public domain, and that they promit. He will need to have his own acount, with his own forum name and catalogue page. Each reader or dpl has to have a catalogue.page.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

miss stav wrote:Hi Abigail,
I can not help you this time, but I am so glad you are doing this project. And you seem to have a wonderful cast. Are you going to be aunt Polly?
Anyway, your brother can have a librivox acount. However, I think your parents would need to wright to the edmens that they know that the recordings are put in the public domain, and that they promit. He will need to have his own acount, with his own forum name and catalogue page. Each reader or dpl has to have a catalogue.page.
Hello Stav! Glad you stopped by and thanks for leaving a post. Yes, I might be Aunt Polly, either that or the narrator, I haven't decided which yet. Thanks for the info about my brother joining.
How are you doing? I've missed working with you.
Abigail
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I am fine. Started universit., and am very happy about it.
You can be a great narrator, or a very funny aunt Poly. What ever you decide.
I missed working with you too. How are you doing?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

MW all set up. :D
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
FabulaeAudi

Post by FabulaeAudi »

KiltedDragon wrote:MW all set up. :D
Thank you, Barry, so much! :D
Abigail