[COMPLETE] The Book of Politeness by Elisabeth Celnart - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Dear LibbyG,

Here is my recording. I inadvertently put in the Track Number in the ID tags.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/bookofpoliteness_02_celnart.mp3

I literally did five takes on this, cleaning up and amplifying each one before choosing one to submit. (I started on it as soon as I requested it - I was pretty excited to get going!) I'm willing to take recommendations on improving the sound quality, or even to do another take if the PL deems it necessary.

Thank you for being willing to allow me to get my feet wet on your project. I'm sure my noobiness shows in my recording in ways that I can't currently imagine, yet which I will be mortified by once I gain more recording experience in future. It is the way of all things.

~ Chessie Joy
~ Chessie Joy
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

And it is 9:53 in length. (Sorry!)
~ Chessie Joy
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

sonnethaiku wrote:Dear LibbyG,

Here is my recording. I inadvertently put in the Track Number in the ID tags.

I literally did five takes on this, cleaning up and amplifying each one before choosing one to submit. (I started on it as soon as I requested it - I was pretty excited to get going!) I'm willing to take recommendations on improving the sound quality, or even to do another take if the PL deems it necessary.

Thank you for being willing to allow me to get my feet wet on your project. I'm sure my noobiness shows in my recording in ways that I can't currently imagine, yet which I will be mortified by once I gain more recording experience in future. It is the way of all things.

~ Chessie Joy
Congratulations on your first recording! :clap: :clap: I'm only been here a few months myself and remember well trying to sort out this whole business.

I didn't actually see any ID tags (If you're using audacity, you enter them after exporting the video). If you need to submit another recording, you can fix them then, otherwise I'll ask the MC to do it.

Enjoy your future LibriVox adventuring!
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Weird about the tags - I know I entered them. I'll poke around and see if I hit the wrong button or had a wrong setting or something.

Thanks for your encouragement!
~ Chessie Joy
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

PL notes:
Section 02- Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second on the start of recording, and leave 5 seconds at the end since the recording is less than 30 minutes. I don't see ID tags too, but it's easy to input

Section 10- I'm not sure if we're going to be very specific in the author's surname, but if we are, her surname is pronounced as sel-NAR without the 't'. Libby what's your view on this? It's wasn't that distracting and can be considered a click actually...Otherwise, it could be PL OK.
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

elainesilva wrote:PL notes:
Section 02- Please leave no more than 0.5 to 1 second on the start of recording, and leave 5 seconds at the end since the recording is less than 30 minutes. I don't see ID tags too, but it's easy to input.
Please advise: Is it my role to edit the track and resubmit it? I am happy to do so if it is.
~ Chessie Joy
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

sonnethaiku wrote:
Please advise: Is it my role to edit the track and resubmit it? I am happy to do so if it is.
Yes, if you can edit it, please do. It'll be merely deleting the excess silence in the beginning and in the end. :)
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
LibbyG

Post by LibbyG »

elainesilva wrote:
Section 10- I'm not sure if we're going to be very specific in the author's surname, but if we are, her surname is pronounced as sel-NAR without the 't'. Libby what's your view on this? It's wasn't that distracting and can be considered a click actually...Otherwise, it could be PL OK.
The "t" is very quiet, let's call it PL OK. :wink:
What am I up to?
Amelia Vol. 2 - 10 sections open
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

Alright! Then it is PL OK! :D
Lyn Silva

sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Here is Section 2, revised to have the appropriate amount of silence at the beginning and end.

It is 9:46 in length.

~ Chessie Joy
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

Section 2 is PL OK!
Lyn Silva

KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Nice to see everyone here is being so polite. :wink:
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
sonnethaiku

Post by sonnethaiku »

Per my section, KiltedDragon, *true* politeness would be offering you holy water and holding the door for you while refraining from graffiti.

And YAY-YAY for my section being PL OK! My first track for Librivox. :D :D :D
~ Chessie Joy
Rocit

Post by Rocit »

I've decided to participate in this project and I've refreshed my knowledge of how to record your voice at LV, so I picked section 9 and read it. Here is the file:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/bookofpoliteness_09_celnart.mp3
(sorry I didn't ask for permission first, I was just curious to read something again)

P.S. Since I haven't recorded anything for about 2 years, I assume there might be some drawbacks, but I know that you'll be polite in criticizing :D
Rocit

Post by Rocit »

I've decided to participate in this project and I've refreshed my knowledge of how to record one's voice at LV, so I picked section 9 and read it. Here is the file:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kd/bookofpoliteness_09_celnart.mp3
(sorry I didn't ask for permission first, I was just curious to read something again)

P.S. Since I haven't recorded anything for about 2 years, I assume there might be some drawbacks, but I know that you'll be polite in criticizing :D