COMPLETE: Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant - NF/ct

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 11th, 2006, 1:42 pm

OK, the podcasts are from a Senior Honors Seminar at U of Glasgow, and sound unedited:
http://podlearn.arts.gla.ac.uk/kant/index.html

The professor's resource page is very impressive:
http://www.gla.ac.uk/departments/philosophy/Personnel/susan/

HeartofTexas,

Once I get my act together, I'll upload files so you can proof-listen (that's my job, right Caet?)

Thanks, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » December 11th, 2006, 2:01 pm

Great hunting TTM.

My reading is getting close to the top of my things to do list, so hopefully it'll be here by Xmas.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas » December 12th, 2006, 5:02 pm

Sounds good. We can talk exact procedure when it gets down to the actual time. Enjoy your reading--even in this busy time for all of us.

SusanKC

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » December 17th, 2006, 9:46 am

Hi Caeristhiona and all,

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm about to start recording and I'm not really getting the way the text is divided. I *think* there's been a mistake in that I should have three sections:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/k/kant/immanuel/k16p/k16p11.html

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/k/kant/immanuel/k16p/k16p12.html

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/k/kant/immanuel/k16p/k16p15.html

But I've only been allocated two. Think this may stem from the fact that there is an section called "introduction" followed by a section called "introductory". Confusingly, these are separate sections, but it looks like the latter one has been missed, and I'm supposed to be reading it.

I could just make it part of the same MP3 as the following section, but would suggest this is a bit untidy. Otherwise, it needs to be added in the whizzy window, since it'll have a knock on effect for everyone else's section numbers for ID tag puposes.

Again, sorry to be a pain.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » December 17th, 2006, 10:12 am

Also, its probably a good idea to get a consensus on what we are going to say for "ss" in the text. I'd suggest "paragraph", since "section" is already used to denote a different type of division. I think "stanza" is also okay.

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » December 17th, 2006, 11:27 am

The first installment should be here:

http://www.carlmanchester.net/Kant/critique_of_pure_reason_04_kant.mp3

I've gone for sticking to what's in the magic box (thereby causing less upheaval), but I've also saved this as two separate mp3s just in case.

I've also gone for not saying anything for "ss", just the number, but then where there are cross-references in the text I've said "passage".

You'll also notice that I now have some webspace, which I'm baptising. I've also started putting a site together, which you can look at if you want.

Many thanks,
Carl.

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 18th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Carl,

I think I merged two of your sections, so you'll be covering the material that you signed on for.

I am happy to leave the decision to you regarding nomenclature (any input from d.e. would be most appreciated). I find the organization of CPR insanely complex, and would love to have those with more experience than me (i.e., any & everyone) establish guidelines such as these.

I am also working on figuring out how to add the listening links.

Thanks a bunch, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 18th, 2006, 5:50 pm

Susan, Carl, Lisamarie, and Jemma--

Thanks so much for your voices (and ears). The links to the readings are posted (Carl's section 4 & lisamarie's section 17 - formerly 7).

Jemma, I am not clear on where you wanted to go with this project, so I haven't gotten you plugged in.

Apologies to all for my tardiness & thanks again---TTM

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 31st, 2006, 4:08 pm

Best wishes to all for a Happy & Healthy New Year! (and thanks to ahab for claiming the Introduction)...TTM

JemmaBlythe

Post by JemmaBlythe » December 31st, 2006, 5:34 pm

Hi TTM

May I begin the new year with Section 6?

Cheers JemmaBlythe

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 31st, 2006, 6:18 pm

Absolutely!

Thanks, TTM

JemmaBlythe

Post by JemmaBlythe » January 3rd, 2007, 1:57 pm

Dear TTM

Section 6, 00:25:55, 23.7 MB, is linked at
http://www.yousendit.com/download/oSIlkGqfwLh5TA%3D%3D

Cheers JemmaBlythe

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » January 4th, 2007, 5:28 am

Thanks, Jemma! I'll get it in the magic box as soon as I can deduce the kayray uploader supersecret password (or Caet sends it to me ':?').

Take care, TTM

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » January 4th, 2007, 5:13 pm

Ticktockman wrote:Thanks, Jemma! I'll get it in the magic box as soon as I can deduce the kayray uploader supersecret password (or Caet sends it to me ':?').

Take care, TTM
It's in the first post, hot stuff. ;) But just to reiterate, the password is "vox."
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » January 4th, 2007, 7:49 pm

I knew that...just wanted to see if you still cared ':wink:'.

However, though it looks like the upload worked, I get the dreaded Error 404-File not found when I test it ':cry:'

Sorry 'bout that, chief...TTM