COMPLETE: Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant - NF/ct

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » December 2nd, 2006, 9:28 pm

Alright, I have updated the readers list -- but I am unclear on what the original section division was. Please, everyone double-check your commitment in terms of numbers of sections and also on whether I have you marked down for the right things.

By the way -- if you have already recorded a section, don't worry about it; this was a last-minute change on my part, and as a result I am happy to take the responsibility for editing the segments.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 3rd, 2006, 9:24 am

Caeristhiona,

A million thanks! On to recording........

TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]

CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester » December 3rd, 2006, 12:28 pm

Hi Caeristhiona,

Sorry, mine are wrong. I should be down for here: http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/k/kant/immanuel/k16p/k16p10.html

to here:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/k/kant/immanuel/k16p/k16p20.html

inclusive.

Thanks,
Carl.
American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 3rd, 2006, 1:54 pm

Caeristhiona,

There is also some wierdness with regard the links to the texts-they seem to be self-reflexive or not found....Help! Thanks, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 3rd, 2006, 2:03 pm

I also seem not to have the ability/clearance to edit Carl into 04 & 05, and Jemma to her section/s. I sorted by reader, but get no response when I hit the edit link.

Thanks again, TTM

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » December 3rd, 2006, 2:53 pm

Ah! Crap. :P I should have known this would go badly for me. I will check it again tomorrow...I have a paper due in the morning, so I will be definitely working all night. Will that be okay for you guys?
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 3rd, 2006, 6:19 pm

OK with me...Good luck on your paper!

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » December 6th, 2006, 7:22 pm

Okay, the list of sections is totally fixed (hopefully). :)
-- Jeffrey Rowland

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas » December 9th, 2006, 9:18 am

Do y'all need some help in proof listening or having a 1st listener on this one (whatever the terminology is???) I've got a couple of other irons in the fire that I'm listening to, as well. However, since I've studied this book, and since I think I have the time--if the chapters don't come too quickly--I think I can add in helping out on some Kant.

After all, a little Kant is always good for the soul :wink:--and the mind.

SusanKC

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 9th, 2006, 11:39 am

Do my eyes deceive me ?!?

I'd LOVE a proof reader !!. A million thanks, TTM

Caet--There's no sign up for this, is there?

HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas » December 9th, 2006, 1:03 pm

Just let me know when, where, and how specific--and I'll start!

brianlojeck

Post by brianlojeck » December 9th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Boy, I'd love to read on this project, but with finals coming I just Kant Kant til christmas. ;-(
Brian Lojeck
Webmaster, [url=http://www.whatbrianthinksaboutlasvegas.com]What Brian Thinks About Las Vegas[/url]

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 9th, 2006, 2:07 pm

Brian,

We are shooting for completion on April 22nd (Kant's birthday). Please claim whatever parts you would like, and start when you have time.

Thanks, TTM

Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman » December 10th, 2006, 8:46 pm

Just stumbled upon a series of podcasts on Kant at iTunes. Couldn't figure out how to link to it, but just plug in Kant to a podcast search, and it will take you there.

I haven't listened yet so I can't provide my opinion (which wouldn't be worth much anyway).

Ciao for now, TTM

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » December 10th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Ticktockman wrote:Caet--There's no sign up for this, is there?
To answer a really old post that I totally missed...

...there's no official signup for it. What I would do is mark each one as "proof-listened" in the Notes column of the magic box once it's been done and edited. Just so we keep track on what needs to be done.
-- Jeffrey Rowland