COMPLETE SOLOThe Book of Nature Myths -Florence Holbrook-alg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Book of Nature Myths by Florence Holbrook (1860 - 1932) .
This is a book of myths told by the Indians of North America to their children. They could be compared to present day Fairy Tales. (Summary by Kenneth Coon)
This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-book-of-nature-myths-by-florence-holbrook/

• Target completion date: 2013-Apr-01
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22420
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project:
    children, myths-legends, nature, short-stories

Keywords that describe the book:
    Indian Stories, Nature Myths, Children,s Stories, Animals, Birds
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Nature Myths . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      " The Book of Nature Myths , by Florence Holbrook . [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Book of Nature Myths by Florence Holbrook . This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Book of Nature Myths , by Florence Holbrook . "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    bookofnaturemyths_##_holbrook.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. bookofnaturemyths_01_holbrook.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Artist: Florence Holbrook
    Album: The Book of Nature Myths

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg - alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ken,

I'll MC this for you.
You should be all set now. I'll keep you on the launch pad for a few days to see if a prooflistener is interested.

Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

In order to get the complete book in 25 sections I will need to combine 2 or 3 stories into one section. They should each be less than 20 minutes at the most.
I have read the stories in the beginning but have not recorded them. I will begin that today.
Are you usually online in the morning or the evening in Maine? There is about 12 hours time diffeence between us.
Thank you,
Ken :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ken,

I usually check in here in the morning and at the end of the day, so I am around. I can add more sections, just let me know how many you want.

Thanks,
Amy :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

The book has 54 stories but most are only a few minutes long. I could do it a story to a section if that is okay. Some of the sections would only be about 4-5 minutes long. That would also give me a chance to enter the titles in the sections.
BTW Where do I find instructions on how to work the magic window?
Ken
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ken,

Okay. I will give it 54 sections. I will PM you about using the MW.

Thanks,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ken,

I just sent you a message with your MW information.

Good luck,

Amy
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

Thanks. I am working on the first story now. So far it is around 10 minutes but there are several section that I must take out where I repeated things. It should be done today. The others are a lot shorter.
I will check the PM.
I am retired so I have lots of time to do this unless someone gets sick and I need to play ambulance driver.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Ken,

I hope that you will enjoy recording. And especially I wish you all good health.

Take care!
-Amy :D
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

Titles and Assignments entered in MW.
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

I am trying to download Chapter 01 using the uploader.
I have saved the file on my computer as bookofnaturemyths_01_Holbrook.mp3 and it has been sitting on the Uploader for much of an hour now.
I tried to report it to the admin under the bug forum and they said I should post it here. The reason I posted there was because the Uploader said to do that.
I have the file on my computer now and the uploader won't take it.
Ken
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I trying the uploader now - Usually if it won't upload it is because it isn't an mp3 file, or it is too big but that shouldn't be a problem with yours.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I uploaded a 6 min file without problems so the uploader is OK. Maybe try again ? There are so many variables with peoples browsers, and ISPs that trying again is probably best.

Anne
Raybrite

Post by Raybrite »

My Internet seems to have slowed down to almost a stop. I am going to close out everything and then begin all over again.
I started over again from scratch. Even rebooted the computer. It is still going slow. If all else fails, I will try again later tonight. for now I am still trying.
Aren't you supposed to be sleeping now?

RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding