[COMPLETE] Lucretia Borgia by Ferdinand Gregorovius - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Lucretia Borgia by Ferdinand Gregorovius (January 19, 1821 - May 01, 1891) . Translated by John Leslie Garner (1862 - 1925).

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page:
https://librivox.org/lucretia-borgia-by-ferdinand-gregorovius/

Lucretia Borgia - According to Original Documents and Correspondence of Her Day. Lucretia Borgia is the most unfortunate woman in modern history. Is this because she was guilty of the most hideous crimes, or is it simply because she has been unjustly condemned by the world to bear its curse? The question has never been answered. (Summary from the Introduction )
[*]Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/20804
[*]Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

There are many non-English names in this book and I would like to come close to the original pronunciation if possible :wink: On this site you can search for names that you are not familiar with: http://www.pronouncenames.com/ When in doubt, please ask.

Lucretia - as in English
Borgia is pronounced bOHr-jaa (OH like in so, j like in jug, and aa like in car)
Ferdinand - as in English
Gregorovius is pronounced Greh-gohrOH-vee-us (eh like in enter, OH like in so, and the last us as in must)

Magic Window:

BC Admin
[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
  • "Book [number] Chapter [number] of Lucretia Borgia . - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name]"
  • Say:
    " Lucretia Borgia , by Ferdinand Gregorovius . Translated by John Leslie Garner [Book, Chapter]"
[*]For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
"Book [number], Chapter [number] of Lucretia Borgia by Ferdinand Gregorovius. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name]"
Only if applicable, say:
"[Chapter title]"

[*]At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
[*]If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

[*]At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Lucretia Borgia , by Ferdinand Gregorovius . Translated by John Leslie Garner " [/list]
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename
lucretiaborgia_##_gregorovius_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. lucretiaborgia_01_gregorovius_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: availle - Availle
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by LindaHogan on October 3rd, 2012, 5:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Linda H.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

LindaHogan wrote:Hello All, I'd like to do a Solo recording of "Lucretia Borgia, by Ferdinand Gregorovius", I have the birth and death dates of the Author however I don't know the birth and death dates of the translator, is it allright to proceed with a Solo Template without those dates ? If so, I'll go ahead and finish my template.
If you're in the USA, then the death dates don't matter to you. They aren't important for US copyright at this time. However, it's good to have them so our non-US listeners can know whether the project is PD for them to download.

So yes - continue with your template.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Thank you TriciaG.
Linda H.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Could this be him? John Leslie Garner (1862 - 1925)

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=96223584
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Hello Kilted Dragon, Thank you for checking, I'm not sure but it could be.
I understand I don't have to have the dates for the translator in the U.S. but it would be nice to have them.
Linda H.
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

I still need an MC if anyone is willing.
Linda H.
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Apart from the DPL we can start this project.
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Thank you Bart. I appreciate it. Hopefully someone will volunteer to DPL soon. I'll get busy on the recording so they'll have something to listen to. I'm rusty so I'm brushing up but It's all coming back to me now....Hopefully I'll have the first couple of sections in this weekend. Thanks again.
Linda H.
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Hey Bart, I'm sorry but I've been trying for days to determine why I sound like I'm in a tunnel. I have Vista and I switched to the new version of Audacity - now I see it has some problems with windows Vista apparently and I'm having sound card problems as well. grrrrr anyway, I think I'm going to have to have a new sound card put in, or just buy a new computer so can we put this project on hold until I can get squared away ? I'm so sorry. I just don't know what else to do right now. I hope you'll let me start it again after I get all the kinks worked out here. Thank you, Linda
Linda H.
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Do you want me to put this project on hold?
But if the problems will be solved in only a few weeks time, I would prefer to keep it here.

Bart
LindaHogan

Post by LindaHogan »

Yeah, we better put it on hold. I'll have to take my computer to the repair shop and I'm not sure how long it'll be before I can come up with the money. I should have tried recording again before I posted the book, but I didn't realize my sound card was bad. My Dad died unexpectedly last year and I had to move twice so I must have messed it up while moving the Computer back and forth. It may take awhile for me to get it working again, it'll probably be after the first of the year or when I get my taxes back. I'm sorry for asking to put it on hold but that would probably be best. Hopefully I can pick it back up later. Thank you.
Linda H.
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

OK, I will put it on hold.

This means that you'll have a year or so to reclaim it (ask any admin). After that this project will be deleted.

Bart

I will remove this thread after you've read this post.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

About 18 months have passed; time to give this a fresh start, I'm curious to hear more about her..

We're open for business - and looking for a DPL... :wink:
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I would love to DPL for you!
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!