COMPLETE: The Village Coquettes by Charles Dickens - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 20th, 2012, 4:26 am

engineerdst wrote:Here are the recordings for George Edmunds.

Act 1 (05:01 mins)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/villagecoquettes_edmunds_1.mp3

Act II (05:20 mins)

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/villagecoquettes_edmunds_2.mp3
Thanks!

Todd

Hobbit
Posts: 3528
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 7:17 pm
Location: Indiana

Post by Hobbit » December 20th, 2012, 10:40 am

Todd, if there's nothing else I need to do with Rose, can you mark her complete so it will be checked off my to do list? Thanks.
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.

smijen
Posts: 6678
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 7:34 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by smijen » December 23rd, 2012, 1:39 pm

George Edmunds is PL OK, but has some extra lines.

No need to do anything about this, just FYI for Todd when he's editing:

Act 1, 1:02-1:14
"Yes, yes, I'll cry...
...o'ertake me."
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 23rd, 2012, 3:26 pm

Thanks! Extra lines are no problem.

Todd


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 6th, 2013, 12:44 pm

dtmcgregor wrote:I was wondering if the part of John Maddox was still available?
I put in your claim over two months ago - how is it going? Are you about to send it in or should I open it for another reader?

Thanks, Todd

darkhorse21
Posts: 43
Joined: September 11th, 2012, 1:12 pm

Post by darkhorse21 » January 13th, 2013, 12:52 pm

I'd be happy to read the parts for Martin Stokes.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 13th, 2013, 2:51 pm

darkhorse21 wrote:I'd be happy to read the parts for Martin Stokes.
Great. Please also do the extra lines as noted in the first post!

Thanks, Todd

smijen
Posts: 6678
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 7:34 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by smijen » January 18th, 2013, 11:59 am

PL notes for Squire Norton, Act 1

-the extra parts are missing. Were you planning to create those only from other people's voices?

-at 8:32,
read: "the squire's wife, or the wife of Edmunds?"
written: "the squire's lady, or the wife of Edmunds?"
Up to you if you want to fix it... it's a subtle difference in meaning; i.e., you won't be "Lady" if you marry Edmunds.
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 18th, 2013, 12:04 pm

smijen wrote:PL notes for Squire Norton, Act 1

-the extra parts are missing. Were you planning to create those only from other people's voices?

-at 8:32,
read: "the squire's wife, or the wife of Edmunds?"
written: "the squire's lady, or the wife of Edmunds?"
Up to you if you want to fix it... it's a subtle difference in meaning; i.e., you won't be "Lady" if you marry Edmunds.
My thought was that basically the extra parts were the villagers responding to what the squire said. (As I assemble crowd stuff I try to leave out of the crowd anyone actively speaking with the crowd in each scene.)

I will fix the 8:32 error.

Many thanks!!

Todd

smijen
Posts: 6678
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 7:34 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by smijen » January 18th, 2013, 12:14 pm

PL notes for Squire Norton, Act 2

-same notes about missing extra parts

-at 4:35,
read "and when I die, oh let me die"
written "and when I die, oh let me lie"
Again, up to you if you want to fix.

-missed edit "and I shall be prepared to meet them"
appears at 5:49 and 5:55, take whichever you like better!
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

smijen
Posts: 6678
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 7:34 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by smijen » January 18th, 2013, 12:16 pm

ToddHW wrote:My thought was that basically the extra parts were the villagers responding to what the squire said. (As I assemble crowd stuff I try to leave out of the crowd anyone actively speaking with the crowd in each scene.)
Makes sense to me. :)
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 11315
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » January 18th, 2013, 2:52 pm

smijen wrote:PL notes for Squire Norton, Act 2

-same notes about missing extra parts

-at 4:35,
read "and when I die, oh let me die"
written "and when I die, oh let me lie"
Again, up to you if you want to fix.

-missed edit "and I shall be prepared to meet them"
appears at 5:49 and 5:55, take whichever you like better!
Oh drat. I am so glad you are PL'ing this!! After I already did (and missed these)!!

Todd

smijen
Posts: 6678
Joined: May 14th, 2007, 7:34 am
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post by smijen » January 18th, 2013, 7:14 pm

:lol:
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.

alanmapstone
Posts: 1833
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » January 30th, 2013, 9:15 am

I would like to help finish this play by offering to read Old Benson, I specialise in old men. As I have several other roles in progress it may be a few weeks before I get to this one. If you don't mind waiting, please sign me up.
Alan
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Post Reply