COMPLETE Remarks by Bill Nye - ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

...and 15 is okay. :thumbs:
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi jeff, any news on this project?
Carolin
peac

Post by peac »

I will get started on this again. Sorry for the break. I've reviewed the MW and it seems to be OK since the transition, although for some reason I don't see it displayed in the project description.
John Andrew Holmes: "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

do you mean the sections didnt show up as assigned? i just fixed that :)

taking a break is no problem at all, i was just asking whats happening.
Carolin
peac

Post by peac »

Carolin wrote:do you mean the sections didnt show up as assigned? i just fixed that :)
No, turns out it's an IE vs. Firefox thing. I suspect it has to do with the different level of security between the MW and the forum.

Edit: Yes, it turns out the Firefox won't display mixed content if the page is secure, but the embedded content is not. Is there a reason why the forum is secure and the MW isn't? Not sure, really, why either needs to be secure (aside from the login page).
Last edited by peac on September 26th, 2013, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Andrew Holmes: "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others."
peac

Post by peac »

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

peac wrote:Yes, it turns out the Firefox won't display mixed content if the page is secure, but the embedded content is not. Is there a reason why the forum is secure and the MW isn't? Not sure, really, why either needs to be secure (aside from the login page).
i think you can change the settings about this issue in your browser to get it do ignore this problem and display the mws
Carolin
peac

Post by peac »

HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi peac,

16, 17 and 18 are all okay. :thumbs:

Hugh
"the story seems to take forever to go anywhere - and I know where it is going." - m8b1 2012
peac

Post by peac »

Section 19 has been uploaded:

http://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/remarks_19_nye_128kb.mp3 (12:04)

Using the new uploader and naming convention. Let me know if you don't want me to change at this point, or v.v., if you want me to reload the previous sections to match.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

i will edit the file names of the previous sections to match the newer ones during cataloging, so there is nothing you need to do at this point :)
Carolin
HughGil

Post by HughGil »

Hi peac,

19 is okay. :thumbs:
peac

Post by peac »

HughGil

Post by HughGil »

...and 20 is okay. :thumbs:
peac

Post by peac »

I have a bunch recorded and am editing. Here are the next three:

Section 21 Preventing a Scandal & About Portraits 10:20 https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/remarks_21_nye_128kb.mp3
Section 22 The Old South & Knights of the Pen 10:29 https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/remarks_22_nye_128kb.mp3
Section 23 The Wild Cow & Spinal Meningitis 7:30 https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/remarks_23_nye_128kb.mp3