COMPLETE[DRAM.READ]Age of Innocence by Wharton - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
catrose

Post by catrose »

Why must you all work so quickly? I'd better pull my socks up and start PLing this stuff tonight! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Lol! There is plenty of time, Cat!
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hello everyone! I'd like to participate in this - only I don't know the text very well (only seen the movie... :oops: )

So if someone could assign me a part, that might be best. I'm not actually recording anything else at the moment and nearly done DPLing Anne of the Island so I'm pretty free to take up a part of any size! (I'm 38yo, Aussie accent, if that changes anything.)
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Elizabby wrote:Hello everyone! I'd like to participate in this - only I don't know the text very well (only seen the movie... :oops: )

So if someone could assign me a part, that might be best. I'm not actually recording anything else at the moment and nearly done DPLing Anne of the Island so I'm pretty free to take up a part of any size! (I'm 38yo, Aussie accent, if that changes anything.)
Hey! I am so glad that you want to join! Actually, the movie follows the storyline fairly closely. :D Like all movies, there are some interpretative choices some of us might choose to disagree with. :D How would like to do Mrs. Welland (you could be my mum)? She is fairly traditional - and a little cranky in that "I am trying to be insistant and nice all at the same time" kind of way. She doesn't have as much bite to her as Mrs. Archer (who is already claimed), but she is still fun.

There are some smaller roles if you would rather take one of those. Lousia VDL is a very wealthy matriach and fun. The others aren't in there enough to have a distince "character," per se, but they add flavor - to be sure.

Let me know what you think! So glad to have you on board!

Caprisha
Caprisha

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

CaprishaPage wrote: How would like to do Mrs. Welland (you could be my mum)? She is fairly traditional - and a little cranky in that "I am trying to be insistant and nice all at the same time" kind of way.
Sounds good! Looks like a nice mid-size role too - I'm trying not to get overcommitted this time. Last "round" I stressed myself out a bit by taking on too much at once, and I hate not being able to follow through on commitments I've made.

One of the reasons I love dramatized versions of classics is that I get to read/listen to books that I haven't read/heard before! I've already cleaned my library out of audiobooks! I do a lot of driving to and from work, and I can't stand listening to the inane chatter on the radio!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Elizabby wrote: Sounds good! Looks like a nice mid-size role too - I'm trying not to get overcommitted this time. Last "round" I stressed myself out a bit by taking on too much at once, and I hate not being able to follow through on commitments I've made.

One of the reasons I love dramatized versions of classics is that I get to read/listen to books that I haven't read/heard before! I've already cleaned my library out of audiobooks! I do a lot of driving to and from work, and I can't stand listening to the inane chatter on the radio!
I totally know what you mean! This is the most I have ever had at one time during the school year (I am teacher by day, lol)! Well, I will sign you up. The chapters in this book are short, too, so nothing too crazy!
Caprisha

Leatitia

Post by Leatitia »

Hi,

I would love to do the parts of Gertrude Lefferts/Maid and Mrs Struthers if they are still up for grabs. This will be my first project and I am so excited! May come back for lots of advice... :D

Leatitia
catrose

Post by catrose »

Hi Leatitia,
Welcome to Librivox.

Before you jump straight in, we ask you to do a one minute test. This isn't an audition, it's just to make sure you have all of the techy stuff correct. Here's the link to the wiki page about it: One Minute Test. And here's the link to a bunch of really helpful video's about it: Some Cool Tutorials to get you started

Also, we'll need a name to credit you as for your catalog page. It could your real name, your username, or another pseudonym. You can either post it here, or PM it to CaprishaPage.

Another useful help page for Dramatic Works (like this) is this wiki page: Dramatic Readings and Plays

Welcome to Librivox! :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Caprisha

catrose

Post by catrose »

All of narrator PL OK!

All of Mrs Double-M (as she shall forever be referred to as) is PL OK!

All of Janey PL OK!

All of May PL OK!

All Miss Blenker/Young Lady PL OK!

Miss Sophy PL OK!
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

NovellaSerena

Post by NovellaSerena »

Is Christine Nillson still available?
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

NovellaSerena wrote:Is Christine Nillson still available?
Yes! She is all yours if you are interested!
Caprisha

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

ACK! I feel behind! I'm sorry, Caprisha! I'll get to this as soon as I can, my dear!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:ACK! I feel behind! I'm sorry, Caprisha! I'll get to this as soon as I can, my dear!
Oh, please don't rush! I have to record while the allergies permit! :D I am not in any hurry! I still have LOTS of narration to record! :D
Caprisha

NovellaSerena

Post by NovellaSerena »

CaprishaPage wrote:
NovellaSerena wrote:Is Christine Nillson still available?
Yes! She is all yours if you are interested!
Thanks! :)