katdad

Post by katdad » November 27th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Thank you for section 26.

Katdad

jkg5

Post by jkg5 » November 28th, 2012, 12:53 pm

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/historyenglandvolume1c_14_hume.mp3

Here is the edited copy of Section 14, Chapter 29, Part 1

I am having trouble with the volume on my computer and my headphones do not work right now, must be something gone wrong with the computer but it is new and I can't determine so I hope this edit will work. I will be going out of town for about 6 weeks but I can check my email while I am gone. I will try to use a different computer to record on when I am back if this problem can't be fixed.

jessecs

Post by jessecs » November 30th, 2012, 2:13 pm

Hello. May I claim sections 22 - 25, that make up chapter 31? I am fairly new but have 3 sections of another work recorded and am already listed as jessecs. Thanks very much.

Jesse Crisp-Sears

wib66

Post by wib66 » November 30th, 2012, 2:50 pm

jkg5 wrote:http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/historyenglandvolume1c_14_hume.mp3

Here is the edited copy of Section 14, Chapter 29, Part 1

I am having trouble with the volume on my computer and my headphones do not work right now, must be something gone wrong with the computer but it is new and I can't determine so I hope this edit will work. I will be going out of town for about 6 weeks but I can check my email while I am gone. I will try to use a different computer to record on when I am back if this problem can't be fixed.
This section is now PL OK thanks
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey » December 1st, 2012, 8:28 am

May I take Sections 22 and 23? I may be able to do more, but I'll proceed in small steps before taking on a huge load if I can.

katdad

Post by katdad » December 1st, 2012, 10:59 am

Nathan: Thank you for your interest in producing Librivox recordings. The first step is to submit a 1-Minute Test. This test is NOT an audition. The purpose of the 1-Minute Test is to evaluate the technical side of your system. It is very frustrating to invest your time in a recording then to find that it is unusable because of a low volume or a bad machine hum. Submit your 1-Minute Test to that forum because the feedback will be much faster.

Audacity is a wonderful audio editing program and it is a free download. The 2.0.0 version is the latest.

Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

When you finish your recording upload it to the site at the bottom of page 1 of the forum, then copy the link they give you and post that and the duration of the file on the last page.

I have assigned sections 22 & 23 to you. What name do you wish to use in the catalog?

Katdad

NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey » December 1st, 2012, 11:26 am

Thank you. I have read the NGR and my 1-Minute Test is posted in "Listeners and Editors Wanted" forum. This si also not my first recording, although it is among my first (this will mark my fourth or fifth recording). Do you need a new test uploaded here?

The catalog name is as it appears here, NathanDickey

katdad

Post by katdad » December 1st, 2012, 12:56 pm

Nathan: You are good to go. The first time I pulled up your profile I got nothing so I assumed that you hadn't recorded before. I did it again and I see your previous recordings. Sorry for the error.

Katdad

NathanDickey

Post by NathanDickey » December 1st, 2012, 2:56 pm

No worries, I always appreciate high standards :)

wib66

Post by wib66 » December 2nd, 2012, 2:57 pm

PL Notes for section 27

Hi thanks the reading is great just a couple of edits needed.

There should be 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file currently this is a little shorter.

We don't normally ask you to re upload for ID3 tags but as you need to edit the file anyway could you please add these in as they are missing.

Title: 27 - Section 27
Artist: David Hume
Album: History of England from the Invasion of Julius Caesar to the Revolution of 1688, Volume 1C

If you could edit and re upload using the same filename that would be great
Michele

Glad to be back.
It's much better to do good in a way that no one knows anything about it. From Anna Karenina

wib66

Post by wib66 » December 2nd, 2012, 3:21 pm

PL Notes for Section 26

The reading is great just on edit needed please.

The volume is a little on the low side. We try to aim for about 89dB if you could edit an re upload that would be great thanks
Michele

Glad to be back.

southernemma

Post by southernemma » December 2nd, 2012, 3:41 pm

How exactly do I increase volume? I've tried looking on audacity's help site, and I can't find anything that tells me how to do it.
Emily Wallace

southernemma

Post by southernemma » December 2nd, 2012, 4:38 pm

Emily Wallace

katdad

Post by katdad » December 3rd, 2012, 9:15 am

Emily: It looks like you figured out how to amplify with Audacity. The volume on the last upload is 88 dB. That is close enough to the 89 dB we suggest.

Two utility programs that are helpful for Librivox recordings:

1) Checker: This programs checks several aspects of Librivox recordings. Ignore the DC bias remarks as it is overly sensitive.

2) MP3 Gain: We use this program to check dB levels. Only the Windows version gives you that information. We only check the volume with this program. Don't use it to raise the volume; do that in Audacity then re-check the level in MP3 Gain. The dB level they aim for is 89 dB.

Both programs are easy to use and are free downloads.

If you have questions or need more help with Audacity send me a PM and I will walk you through.

Katdad

southernemma

Post by southernemma » December 3rd, 2012, 11:22 am

I'll read section 39 (Chapter 34, part 4) if it's available.

Thanks.
Emily Wallace