[Complete] The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emma Orczy - mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jkg5

Post by jkg5 »

I would like to volunteer for Chapter 30 The Schooner if it is not yet assigned. Thanks Judy Guinan
VictoriaBMartin

Post by VictoriaBMartin »

All yours! And thank you very much. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding about chapter 21.
~A Friend, Victoria
Enjoy adventure, suspense, and romance? Claim a chapter in The Scarlet Pimpernel!
L.M. Montgomery fan? help read Rilla of Ingleside.
I will be on vacation from Oct. 10-19, and will have no access to the internet.
jkg5

Post by jkg5 »

No problem Victoria. You do a great job and I appreciate your help. Thanks. JKG
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi!
I would like to claim chapter 27.

Lynne

Edit: oops, I see it has already been claimed!
Cubrick

Post by Cubrick »

Hi Victoria,

I would like to volunteer for Chapter 27 - On the Track and/or Chapter 28 - The Pere Blanchard's Hut. This is my first time recording, and if I get this part, please file me under the name Cubrick, same as my forum name. Here's a link which points to my personal blog: http://cubrick.brickpress.us. Thank you.

I wish you safe travels and a great time on your vacation.

Regards,
Raphael Villanea
Raphael Villanea

WordPress Blog
My Librivox theme project (still at its embryonic stage)
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Cubrick wrote:Hi Victoria,

I would like to volunteer for Chapter 27 - On the Track and/or Chapter 28 - The Pere Blanchard's Hut. This is my first time recording, and if I get this part, please file me under the name Cubrick, same as my forum name. Here's a link which points to my personal blog: http://cubrick.brickpress.us. Thank you.

I wish you safe travels and a great time on your vacation.

Regards,
Raphael Villanea
Welcome to LibriVox, Raphael!

I'm watching over this thread in Victoria's absence, and you're welcome to record chapter 28 (Lynnet had a misunderstanding about chapter 27, so I'm waiting to see if she's still interested in it.) Before you record chapter 28, you'll need to post your 1 Minute Test in the Listeners & Editors Wanted forum. Please note that this is NOT an audition. Someone just needs to check your recording to make sure all your technical settings are correct. For more information about getting started, please read the Newbie Guide to Recording. Once your test has been OKed, please read the first post in this thread very carefully before recording your section.

Again, welcome, and thank you for your interest in this project! :)
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Lynnet has claimed chapter 27, so we're all full!
Between being a full-time college student and working 20+ hours per week, I'm not able to be involved at LV these days, but I remain a loyal fan and look forward to a triumphant return sometime in the (probably distant) future.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Chapter 31: The Escape
Duration: 24:58
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mb/scarletpimpernel_31_orczy.mp3

Just gotta love Percy! Everyone is ready to hug and rejoice the fact that they lived, and he just wants some clean fashionable clothes! lol! :D
My voice is still a little scratchy from this whole allergy thing. So, if you need to say, "Um, Caprisha, dear, we really appreciate the fact that you tried to plow through, but maybe you should drink some more herbal tea and try again in a day or so." It isn't going to hurt my feelings. :o) Really. :o) :D
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

CaprishaPage wrote:Chapter 31: The Escape

Just gotta love Percy! Everyone is ready to hug and rejoice the fact that they lived, and he just wants some clean fashionable clothes! lol! :D
My voice is still a little scratchy from this whole allergy thing. So, if you need to say, "Um, Caprisha, dear, we really appreciate the fact that you tried to plow through, but maybe you should drink some more herbal tea and try again in a day or so." It isn't going to hurt my feelings. :o) Really. :o) :D
Everybody loves Percy!!! :D I'll have a listen after a while, but I'm sure you're fine. :)
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Hobbit wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:Chapter 31: The Escape

Everybody loves Percy!!! :D I'll have a listen after a while, but I'm sure you're fine. :)
You know I'm not too stressed about PL time. It has been a little crazy at the Page household (getting ready for a move), so it is possible that craziness spilled over here. :D
Caprisha

CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Something occurred to me in the wee small hours of the morning....does the Bart. Abbreviation after Percy's name and (I think) Ffolkes mean Baronet? It seemed so random when I recorded it, so if it is, I will want to fix that. :D

Thanks, Caprisha
Caprisha

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

CaprishaPage wrote:Something occurred to me in the wee small hours of the morning....does the Bart. Abbreviation after Percy's name and (I think) Ffolkes mean Baronet? It seemed so random when I recorded it, so if it is, I will want to fix that. :D

Thanks, Caprisha

According to abbreviations.com, it can mean baronet or Bay Area Rapid Transit... I would go with baronet, if I were you :lol:

Lynne
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Lynnet wrote:
CaprishaPage wrote:Something occurred to me in the wee small hours of the morning....does the Bart. Abbreviation after Percy's name and (I think) Ffolkes mean Baronet? It seemed so random when I recorded it, so if it is, I will want to fix that. :D

Thanks, Caprisha

According to abbreviations.com, it can mean baronet or Bay Area Rapid Transit... I would go with baronet, if I were you :lol:

Lynne
Lol! Yes, I believe you are right, but think of the directions we could go with Bay Area Rapid Tranit! Lol!
Caprisha

Hobbit

Post by Hobbit »

Yes, I believe it is "baronet", but don't worry about it.
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

Hobbit wrote:Yes, I believe it is "baronet", but don't worry about it.
It won't take a minute to fix those two spots. I really want to fix it (if it doesn't make more problems for you). I jotted it down on my end, but I won't upload until I get the word on whether anything else needs fixing or not. No rush. The file will keep.
Caprisha