[COMPLETE] The Art of War by Wu Sun - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

May I take the the rest? :D
I've read the text. It seems a pretty good start for me. You could give me 1 chapter, if it works well, then you can give me the rest of the book.

Thanks!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

You can, I'm glad to set this up for you!
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Okay Vivienne, everything seems to be in place.

You should now be able to listen to the old recordings as well.
May I please ask you to have a quick look at section Number 4 - there is a PL note; as far as I can see it might be possible to fix this section (simply cut something out?). If you feel up to it, could you please do this?

We don't have many people here at the moment who can listen and thus PL Chinese. The old DPL for this project is sometimes still online, I will send him a pm and ask if he is still interested in seeing this project to completion.

Usually, a soloist is responsible for the whole Magic Window-handling, but I will do this for you, but only for this project! The next one I shall declare you a fully fledged librivoxer, and you can do it yourself. Good so far?

Let me know if you have questions!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Thanks for your note, Ava. I'd be happy to DPL this through to completion. :-)

David
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Thank you so much David! I'll put you in as DPL! :clap:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:Moved to Suggestions for Vivienne to look at.
Thanks!! I got it. :D
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:Okay Vivienne, everything seems to be in place.

You should now be able to listen to the old recordings as well.
May I please ask you to have a quick look at section Number 4 - there is a PL note; as far as I can see it might be possible to fix this section (simply cut something out?). If you feel up to it, could you please do this?
Love to. I've already heard the recording. I think only one sentence nearly the end should be cutted out. The rest is ok. I'll do this tomorrow.
Availle wrote: Usually, a soloist is responsible for the whole Magic Window-handling, but I will do this for you, but only for this project! The next one I shall declare you a fully fledged librivoxer, and you can do it yourself. Good so far?
Sure, this is exactly what I wanted to ask.

One more question: shall we ALWAYS say something like "this is recording for librivox, ...." at every beginning of recording? Or it is ok when we only say it at 1st chapter of every books?

Thanks!!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

VivienneWong wrote: Love to. I've already heard the recording. I think only one sentence nearly the end should be cutted out. The rest is ok. I'll do this tomorrow.
Yes, the PL notes state that there is something amiss between 2:10 and 2:24. Please let me know when you reupload and the new time of the file. David will listen to it again and give it the final PL OK.

One more question: shall we ALWAYS say something like "this is recording for librivox, ...." at every beginning of recording? Or it is ok when we only say it at 1st chapter of every books?
Yes, even in a solo we need this for every section you read. Check out the first post (below the magic window) for the wording of the disclaimer in Chinese. Please use the long disclaimer on your first section (as you're starting in the middle here, that's section 6) and the short disclaimer for all the other sections.

Please let me know whenever you upload a new file, post the link and the time here in the thread. I will then put it in the MW. When you do this yourself, you don't have to post links and times, but it's still better to note when you've sent something so we know that you're still working on this :wink:

Okay, that's that. When you've seen this, I will move the project over to "Going Solo", and then you can record (and edit) away... :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:Moved to Suggestions for Vivienne to look at.
Sorry for this delay. I was sick.

Now updated mp3 file for the 4th chapter:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/artofwar_04_sun_NEW.mp3

I dont know how to put this link in that magic window. So I post it here....Please let me know how to do it. :D

My voice still sounds terrible. But next week I'll be fit again. Then I'm going to record the rest of this book.

Again, SORRY for this delay!!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Great, thanks!

Well, for this project, as you are _so_new_ I thought I would take care of the MW for you, but I can let you in if you absolutely insist. :wink:

In any case, please DO NOT CHANGE the filenames in any way from our conventions! This is what the files should be named, no matter how often you upload them:

artofwar_##_sun_128kb.mp3 (## ... section number).

The system will take care of renaming the files if you do that; otherwise I'll have to do it manually.

I'll move us to "Going Solo" and I'm looking forward to your recordings!
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:Great, thanks!

Well, for this project, as you are _so_new_ I thought I would take care of the MW for you, but I can let you in if you absolutely insist. :wink:

In any case, please DO NOT CHANGE the filenames in any way from our conventions! This is what the files should be named, no matter how often you upload them:

artofwar_##_sun_128kb.mp3 (## ... section number).

The system will take care of renaming the files if you do that; otherwise I'll have to do it manually.

I'll move us to "Going Solo" and I'm looking forward to your recordings!
Hi Ava, I uploaded 3 sessions:

http://uploads.librivox.org/availle/artofwar_06_sun_128kb.mp3
http://uploads.librivox.org/availle/artofwar_07_sun_128kb.mp3
http://uploads.librivox.org/availle/artofwar_08_sun_128kb.mp3

If they are ok, I will keep on recording the others. :)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

That's great, thank you!

Could you please let me know the running time of each of your files? This way we can make sure that everything has arrived on our servers...
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:That's great, thank you!

Could you please let me know the running time of each of your files? This way we can make sure that everything has arrived on our servers...
...sorry what is running time? :oops: :oops: I click the links, they worked....
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I need the time of all of your recordings - how long are they?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
VivienneWong

Post by VivienneWong »

Availle wrote:I need the time of all of your recordings - how long are they?
Ah. 06: 5'19'', 07: 4'34'' and 08: 2'25''

The 06 and 07 session is a little bit long, so took some more times.....