COMPLETE: Lulu I: Earth Spirit by Frank Wedekind [eng] - ek

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 30th, 2012, 8:58 pm

PuerScelestus wrote:Countess Geschwitz A-OK!

Also, wasn't it Eva Gabor who was Lisa in Green Acres? Growing up I always liked the older shows (my favorite television program until I was twelve was The Lawrence Welk Show admittedly) and I have the the show on DVD.
Oh, right! Eva, not Zsa Zsa! Jeez, that's the second bit of pop-culture trivia I've gotten wrong this week. I'd better stop before I really make a fool of myself. :)

Anyway, thank you again, Ian. You're rockin' at this PL thing. :thumbs:
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 30th, 2012, 9:01 pm

It's a pleasure. I also put the lengths of the recordings in the MW for the two recordings completed as of this post. Is this appropriate, or should I not bother because they'll be edited later into acts anyway?
-Ian.

CaprishaPage
Posts: 1096
Joined: October 23rd, 2011, 8:37 pm
Location: Utter Chaos

Post by CaprishaPage » July 30th, 2012, 10:10 pm

ChuckW wrote:
PuerScelestus wrote:Countess Geschwitz A-OK!

Also, wasn't it Eva Gabor who was Lisa in Green Acres? Growing up I always liked the older shows (my favorite television program until I was twelve was The Lawrence Welk Show admittedly) and I have the the show on DVD.
Oh, right! Eva, not Zsa Zsa! Jeez, that's the second bit of pop-culture trivia I've gotten wrong this week. I'd better stop before I really make a fool of myself. :)

Anyway, thank you again, Ian. You're rockin' at this PL thing. :thumbs:
lol! That is what I get for going off the top of my head! Yes, that is exactly what I meant. :o)
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen

ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 31st, 2012, 5:24 am

I enjoy nostalgically reminiscing about old television shows with you guys! :)
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

gloriana
Posts: 10799
Joined: March 6th, 2007, 11:19 am
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Post by gloriana » July 31st, 2012, 6:13 am

We are pretty well under way, so I'm going to move us to dramatic works...

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 31st, 2012, 7:12 am

It's wonderful that this is going along so smoothly.
-Ian.

alanmapstone
Posts: 2393
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » July 31st, 2012, 9:36 am

due to an initial burst of enthusiasm, here is act 2 of Schigolch

url http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_schigolch_2.mp3

this is a fairly short bit, the rest might take a bit longer

alan
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 31st, 2012, 9:59 am

Schigolch, act II: around 2:30 there are some noticeable slapping sounds. The coughing makes sense with the lines on asthma, but the other noises are, in my opinion, confusing. In the following line there is another of those sounds accompanying the coughs. Again, I don't know if it's intentional, but I find it distracting.

5:47 there's a sort of popping noise?

Other than that, there's some lip-smacking and clicking between the lines, but that's fine because it still is going to be edited later.

By the way, what's the code if I want to link to a post in the notes in the MW?
-Ian.

ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 31st, 2012, 11:09 am

PuerScelestus wrote:Schigolch, act II: around 2:30 there are some noticeable slapping sounds. The coughing makes sense with the lines on asthma, but the other noises are, in my opinion, confusing. In the following line there is another of those sounds accompanying the coughs. Again, I don't know if it's intentional, but I find it distracting.

5:47 there's a sort of popping noise?

Other than that, there's some lip-smacking and clicking between the lines, but that's fine because it still is going to be edited later.

By the way, what's the code if I want to link to a post in the notes in the MW?
Thanks Ian. You're diligent, as always.

A quick note--there's no need to point out the sounds between lines. Like you said, I'm gonna edit all of that stuff out in the final production. I will also perform some noise cleaning and fiddle around with audio levels. If it's okay with you, I'm going to go ahead and label this on PL OK, since I can easily edit out some of that stuff when I'm putting the play together. :)

Oh, and you'll need to use HTML codes in the MW. Everyone loves HTML... right? :roll:
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 31st, 2012, 11:16 am

I know I don't need to bother with sounds between lines; but my inner perfectionist editor couldn't let it remain unmentioned. Blame my middle school English teacher.

And the problem is, I don't know HTML.
-Ian.

ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 31st, 2012, 11:29 am

PuerScelestus wrote:I know I don't need to bother with sounds between lines; but my inner perfectionist editor couldn't let it remain unmentioned. Blame my middle school English teacher.

And the problem is, I don't know HTML.
Ha, ha! Join the club... the perfectionist club! I spend so much time in the editing phase obsessing over minor tics and pops and noises that no-one else would hear. I actually re-recorded my lines for a dramatic work TWICE... just because I couldn't be pleased! :?

A quick tutorial on HTML (although it is very easy to figure out--there are only four or five HTML codes you really need to know):

http://htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/

Of course, I can handle the MW if you want. It's no big deal, really. :)
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 31st, 2012, 11:36 am

Thanks for the link. I can try to do the MW for myself; I wouldn't want to trouble others and I think I need to learn how to do it sometime if I plan on doing much here.
-Ian.

ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 31st, 2012, 11:42 am

PuerScelestus wrote:Thanks for the link. I can try to do the MW for myself; I wouldn't want to trouble others and I think I need to learn how to do it sometime if I plan on doing much here.
Sounds good, Ian. Just let me know if you can't figure out the HTML and I'll take change of the MW. Truth be told, it's veeeery easy for me at this point. Second nature, even. :)
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

PuerScelestus
Posts: 64
Joined: July 29th, 2012, 4:03 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Post by PuerScelestus » July 31st, 2012, 11:45 am

ChuckW wrote: Sounds good, Ian. Just let me know if you can't figure out the HTML and I'll take change of the MW. Truth be told, it's veeeery easy for me at this point. Second nature, even. :)
Will do.
-Ian.

ChuckW
Posts: 3075
Joined: January 22nd, 2012, 7:47 am
Location: The Lonesome Crowded Midwest

Post by ChuckW » July 31st, 2012, 11:45 am

By the way, Alan, love your interpretation of Schigolch. Great stuff. :thumbs:
Unable to record due to COVID-19. Please do NOT cancel my projects.

Post Reply