guyanapig

Post by guyanapig »

Naomi Park :)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

guyanapig wrote:Here is Henriette
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_henriette_2.flac
duration 00:14
Sounds good Naomi, but it seems you've only recorded (or perhaps only posted) one line of dialogue. You have some other lines in Act II that are missing.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
guyanapig

Post by guyanapig »

ChuckW wrote:
guyanapig wrote:Here is Henriette
duration 00:14
Sounds good Naomi, but it seems you've only recorded (or perhaps only posted) one line of dialogue. You have some other lines in Act II that are missing.
Sorry- I didn't see them. Am I right that there are really 3 lines?
guyanapig

Post by guyanapig »

Here is the updated Henriette, I think I got all the lines this time
duration: 0:22
aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Henriette is PL OK. Thanks! :)

Thanks Aidan! Yikes! Didn't realize you had so much dialogue in Act I! But it sounds great and your performance is quite good... so yes, it was all worth it, I'm sure.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

One more thing--it also looks like we may be looking for a new DPL. I'll post something in the Listeners Wanted section tomorrow, but if anyone is interested in volunteering please let me know.
PROJECTS
aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

ChuckW wrote:Henriette is PL OK. Thanks! :)

Thanks Aidan! Yikes! Didn't realize you had so much dialogue in Act I! But it sounds great and your performance is quite good... so yes, it was all worth it, I'm sure.
I didn't quite realize it either but I had fun doing it. Hopefully I can get Act II put to bed in the next couple of days. :)
PuerScelestus

Post by PuerScelestus »

I'm afraid I can't PL this anymore; my internet service was cut off about a week ago. It's a big disappointment to me because I was looking forward to PLing this to the end.
-Ian.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Chuck

As I feel partly responsible for talking you into doing these plays, I guess I ought to offer to help out by PLing what is left of this one. I have not PLed a dramatic work before so I may need some guidance, for instance, what level of PL is required? (Word Perfect would be very time consuming)

Let me know what you think!

alan
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

alanmapstone wrote:Chuck

As I feel partly responsible for talking you into doing these plays, I guess I ought to offer to help out by PLing what is left of this one. I have not PLed a dramatic work before so I may need some guidance, for instance, what level of PL is required? (Word Perfect would be very time consuming)

Let me know what you think!

alan
Hey Alan. Thanks for volunteering. For the record, I certainly don't "blame" you for starting this project up. On the contrary, I'm quite happy that we're doing this one (it's one of my favorites). With that said, I'd love to have your help PL-ing this one. I really appreciate the help (especially since my Librivox time has been cut substantially lately). I won't require a word perfect PL, so no worries. I'll send a quick PM to let you know how I usually run things.

Thanks again.
PROJECTS
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I will put in Alan as DPL for the project in lieu of Ian.
aidanbrack

Post by aidanbrack »

Act 2 of Schwarz - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_schwarz_2.flac

I think it's quite possible I mangled the word Samaqueca but I couldn't find an online pronunciation of it so I just took a stab at it and hoped for the best. Please let me know if it's horribly off! :)
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

aidanbrack wrote:Act 2 of Schwarz - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ek/earthspirit_schwarz_2.flac

I think it's quite possible I mangled the word Samaqueca but I couldn't find an online pronunciation of it so I just took a stab at it and hoped for the best. Please let me know if it's horribly off! :)
I had to say it too so tried my best :-)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Yeah... uh, I have no idea how to pronounce it either, so there's no way I'd catch any mispronuciations.

Thanks for another great set of line readings, Aidan. Well done! :clap:
PROJECTS