[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 003 - lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

thanks for PLing Elaine! :)
You'll enjoy Lider na sa Piniliay, as it's something about women being a home person only :)
April Gonzales :D
blog

Marie Antoinette & the Downfall of Royalty

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Masa, you forgot to put the name of the Polish author in MW :) . I also gave the Wikipedia link in one of my previous posts. By the way, the next short piece I'm going to read will be by the same author.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello everybody,
Pitorek san,
Thank you for your message.
Piotrek81 wrote: you forgot to put the name of the Polish author in MW
I've fixed this. I also added link to the text.
Piotrek81 wrote:One night? I assume you were passing through Poland on the way to some other conutry?
Also, it's great that you have some Polish recordings. What type of books are these?
I traveled from Czech to Warsaw by train. I stayed there one night. Then I continued my travel to Berlin.
I stopped by your city Poznan a few hours. I ate a sandwich at the cafe at the railroad station.
They are Polish language textbooks written in Japanese & English.

elainesilva san,
Thank you for proof listening.
I've updated MW. Please check if I'm correct.

April san,
elainesilva wrote:On the 30 second mark, the word 'paham', you should put the stress on [pa] instead of [ham], meaning, [pa] takes a long vowel, before proceeding to [ham], (it's like how you pronounced dunong.)
Otherwise, I can declare it as PL ok.
What is your opinion? All language have a dialect. If you think it's OK, I'll make it PL OK.

Anna san,
Thank you for increasing slots.

Cheers,
Masa
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

I checked it and it's great.. Just additional note on my PL note in Ang Aral ni Ina, the thing is, with the way Ate April said it, the word doesn't exist at all. I checked the dictionary and asked my mum and others how they pronounce the word 'paham' and said that the stress should be in the first syllable. So yeah, that's just a very simple adjustment, but I think it necessary to be able to understand the poem.
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

I don't have a tagalog dictionary with me, but i remember reading paham in a short story before as either 'wisdom'.or something like a wise person...

I'll just edit it out :)
blog

I will not be around the forums for quite a time but I'll log-in whenever there's time. Please PM me if you need to talk with me. Thanks!

Animo La Salle!
elainesilva

Post by elainesilva »

Yeah, it means wise man or sage. :)
Lyn Silva

“Never say good-bye because saying good-bye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

URL to the file: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/msw003_czlowiekbozeigrzysko_kochanowski_pn.mp3
URL to the text: http://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Cz%C5%82owiek_Bo%C5%BCe_igrzysko
Author: Jan Kochanowski (1530-1584)
Duration: 0:54
Title: Czlowiek Boże igrzysko (publication date: 1883)
Author on Wikipedia: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Kochanowski
Tags: poetry, poezja, pycha, człowiek, Bóg

Ok, here's the second piece by Kochanowski I promised. This time a rather bitter one.

If you're interested in history, you may have heard about a British historian by the name of Norman Davies. He writes, among others things, about Poland and one of his works, "God's Playground", owes its title to this small poem.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

Hi,

Posting my first recording !

•URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/msw003_misere_borel_brit.mp3
•Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 1:34
•URL for online text - http://poesie.webnet.fr/lesgrandsclassiques/poemes/petrus_borel/misere.html
•Title of work - Misère
•Date of publication (if available) - 1832
•Name of author - Petrus Borel
•Birth date and date of death of author if available - (1809-1859)
•URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9trus_Borel
•Brief indication of the work in a few words: poetry hunger misery
•Language: French

* Reader's name to use on the catalogue page - Britannia
* Reader's personal URL to use on the catalogue page (if you have one) -

I hope everything will be fine. While I was wandering about on the LibriVox forums I read about the Constructive Criticism thing, and am most willing to hear any (construtive) criticism about my recording :)
Sarah
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

PL ok - more! more! :-)
-nina-
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello everybody,

Piotrek san,
Thank you for 'Czlowiek Boże igrzysko'. I updated MW.

Sarah san,
Thank you for 'Misère'
Your volume is a bit loud. mp3gain shows as follows.
$ mp3gain msw003_misere_borel_brit.mp3
msw003_misere_borel_brit.mp3
Recommended "Track" dB change: -4.350000
This means that you need to make the volume 4.35dB lower. You can do this by Audacity.
Go to 'Effect' and select 'Amplify' and enter '-4.35'.
Somebody will proof listen to your recording. I only checked technical specs.
Another technical specs are OK. But sometimes beginner's luck occurs. So please post another
recordings here or another project.

Nina san,
Thank you for proof listening.
NinaBrown wrote:PL ok - more! more!
Please proof listen to another one.

Cheers,
Masa
Britannia

Post by Britannia »

ekzemplaro wrote: Sarah san,
Thank you for 'Misère'
Your volume is a bit loud. mp3gain shows as follows.
Recommended "Track" dB change: -4.350000
This means that you need to make the volume 4.35dB lower. You can do this by Audacity.
Go to 'Effect' and select 'Amplify' and enter '-4.35'.
Somebody will proof listen to your recording. I only checked technical specs.
Another technical specs are OK. But sometimes beginner's luck occurs. So please post another
recordings here or another project.
Masa san,

Thanks for the help :) . I've reduced the volume by 4.35dB, so here is the link for "Misère" :
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/msw003_misere_borel_brit.mp3

What do you mean posting another recordings ? Of the same poem, or something else ?

Regards,
Britannia
Sarah
ekzemplaro

Post by ekzemplaro »

Hello Britannia san,
Thank you for ajusting the volume. It's now OK.
mp3gain shows as follows,
Recommended "Track" dB change: 0.050000
Let's wait some one proof listen to your recording.
Britannia wrote:What do you mean posting another recordings ? Of the same poem, or something else ?
Something else. How about a short story in French? Maybe 2 or 3 minutes.

Beginner's luck is my experience. I didin't pay attention to mp3 spec. But the first time was OK. Next time the spec was wrong.

Cheers,
Masa
lulularsen

Post by lulularsen »

Hi

I´m about to work on my first piece for this collection. Should I say in the disclaimer when it was published? when the author died? who published it?. I found a disclaimer in danish, but it only wants me to say the book titel and the authors name. But when I´ve listened to other recordings, they say the other stuff as well.
JohanLiebert

Post by JohanLiebert »

Hello kuya Masa!

Another Tagalog poem for this collection :)

URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lz/msw003_saakingmgakabata_rizal_ag.mp3
Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 1:21
URL for online text - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Aking_Mga_Kabata#The_poem
Title of work - Sa Aking Mga Kabatà
Date of publication (if available) -1906
Name of author - José Rizal
Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - 1861-1896
URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Rizal
Brief indication of the work in a few words: poetry, all languages are alike, "ang hindi magmahal sa sariling wika ay higit sa hayop at malansang isda"
Language: Tagalog
blog

Animo La Salle!
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

lulularsen wrote:Hi

I´m about to work on my first piece for this collection. Should I say in the disclaimer when it was published? when the author died? who published it?. I found a disclaimer in danish, but it only wants me to say the book titel and the authors name. But when I´ve listened to other recordings, they say the other stuff as well.
Hi. Just use the disclaimer you will find in the first post of this thread. People also sometimes give the addreeses of their (non-comercial) websites or their locations, but that's optional. All the other data (date of publication, year, etc.) is something that you need to write down here when submitting a recording, but you don't put that into the disclaimer.

Also, if it's your first recording you should also write how you would like to be credited in the catalogue :)